PSA - get your colonoscopy (1 Viewer)

Here’s the thing Dave. The stool sample detects blood in the stool, which means more than likely the cancer is already there. The DNA testing is good if there is a genetic portion to it. My friend who is near death from this has a genetic issue. But, what these two tests don’t get is the removal of the polyps which can take care of the cancer before it starts. Since my mom had colon cancer (at 71) the doctor only gave me the option of colonoscopy. I was fine with it.

Personally, with my background the colonoscopy is the way to go. No it’s not fun, but it is effective.
Yeah. After I had my first a decade ago, I considered the other options like Colo-Guard etc., but ultimately went with having the colonoscopy again after reading about some of the downsides of the non-invasive options.

Piece of cake, right? :hihi:

Any holdouts reading this thread?
Sorta. I did the poop in a container and mail it DNA kit thing. Colorguard or something. Was negative.

Might do the full colonoscopy in the next year or 2. I turned 52 this week, so there's that. Lol.

Sorta. I did the poop in a container and mail it DNA kit thing. Colorguard or something. Was negative.

Might do the full colonoscopy in the next year or 2. I turned 52 this week, so there's that. Lol.
The old man died from colorectal cancer…and didn’t have to…so I’ve been getting them since I was 40. It’s generally fine at 50 with no family history but you should make it a priority now.

Trust me, colorectal cancer is not a favored way to make your exit.

The old man died from colorectal cancer…and didn’t have to…so I’ve been getting them since I was 40. It’s generally fine at 50 with no family history but you should make it a priority now.

Trust me, colorectal cancer is not a favored way to make your exit.
Yeah, I don't disagree. At risk of jinxing myself, my grandfather (dad's side) is still chugging and he's 95. My parents are both still alive and reasonably well in their 70s. So I think my odds are ok, but I do intend to. I might even do it this summer. We'll see.

Thanks for the timely bump. This reminds me I owe someone some beer from a couple of months ago. Totally forgot about it. Sorry!

@Terrence , let me know if you want to take me up on my Colorado beer offer for anyone that gets a colonoscopy due to this thread.

Not hard, having a bidet makes things better...perhaps that is TMI
Oh no, I feel ya. We got hooked on bidets after an extended visit to Japan over ten years ago. I shudder to imagine life without one now.

My stepmom called me on Friday to tell me that my dad has colon cancer. He had put it off twice. They're not sure about the treatment options yet.

Now that I have a family history, I guess that I get to enjoy the annual testing as well

My stepmom called me on Friday to tell me that my dad has colon cancer. He had put it off twice. They're not sure about the treatment options yet.

Now that I have a family history, I guess that I get to enjoy the annual testing as well
Nope not every year. Every 5 if they find polyps. If it’s clean I think it’s either 7 or 10.

My mom had colon cancer. So I was defaulted to 5 when they found 2 very insignificant polyps. Which is fine. Honestly if it keeps me from going through what my friend is going through, I’d do it yearly

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom