PSA - get your colonoscopy (2 Viewers)

Nope not every year. Every 5 if they find polyps. If it’s clean I think it’s either 7 or 10.

My mom had colon cancer. So I was defaulted to 5 when they found 2 very insignificant polyps. Which is fine. Honestly if it keeps me from going through what my friend is going through, I’d do it yearly
I think it's flexible. My father died of colorectal cancer so I was on the 5 yr rotation starting at 40, then went to 3 yr when they found a few polyps, then back to 5 after I was clear for two colonoscopies. We'll see what next year brings!

My mom was 70 or so with hers and not genetic. Maybe that the difference. No matter. To avoid butt cancer, I will do it no worries

Thanks for the timely bump. This reminds me I owe someone some beer from a couple of months ago. Totally forgot about it. Sorry!

@Terrence , let me know if you want to take me up on my Colorado beer offer for anyone that gets a colonoscopy due to this thread.
I do not drink, but thanks for the offer. Send my drink to someone to convince them to get the test.

“The lighter shade blue flags represent the number of additional projected deaths that Louisiana will experience over the national average. These numbers are alarming. 870 is almost 3 a day,” said Dr. John Lyons, a surgical oncologist at FMOLHS.

The numbers can be scary, but doctors tried to spread a message of hope for the disease, with new developments and guidance now in place.

“But my number 1 message will always be early detection,” said Dr. Donna Williams

So, I have to get mine this year... Since I am in MX and I am no going back to the U.S. to get a colonoscopy without insurance, this morning I looked up a few doctors at the best hospitals here... I chose one, sent the doctor a message through whatsapp... 3 hrs later, I have the procedure scheduled for next week, at the best hospital in town: colonoscopy, anesthesia, and post procedure visit, $6800 pesos, about $380 'Murican.

So my appt is next week. They want me on a low fiber diet for a week…. Than a clear diet the day before. I do have other preparation questions though. Man scaping…. Yes, no? If yes how far? I am sure the young lady doing this to me doesn’t want linoleum level but I also don’t want to show up all teen wolf. In advance thank you for your help.

For the colo-experts out there, are the new mail-in kits pretty much as effective as the standard fasting/clearing/invasive procedure?

For the colo-experts out there, are the new mail-in kits pretty much as effective as the standard fasting/clearing/invasive procedure?
My doctor told me to do the invasive procedure first. If everything is good then for future use just do an at home test.

So my appt is next week. They want me on a low fiber diet for a week…. Than a clear diet the day before. I do have other preparation questions though. Man scaping…. Yes, no? If yes how far? I am sure the young lady doing this to me doesn’t want linoleum level but I also don’t want to show up all teen wolf. In advance thank you for your help.
They are professionals and don't care what your body style is. I had hernia surgery in Jan. They'll shave what
they need too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom