Rashid Shaheed will undergo knee surgery to determine multiple weeks or rest of the season; Olave Out, Hill Doubtful for TNF game (103 Viewers)

So, backup rookie QB, 4th string C, 2nd string RG who played OT until this year, a rookie LT, two rookie backup WRs, an injured RB, who knows returning kicks— doesn’t exacty inspire confidence in the offense.

On defense, we have three LBs who have been injured, a starting S on IR, an aging starter at S who has been hurt…no doubt I’m forgetting someone.
You're forgetting the partridge in a pear tree.

Just not sure exactly what it is. Stuff like groins and hamstrings are theoretically fixable with proper stretching and conditioning but not much you can do about a meniscus, obliques, broken ribs, or a concussion short of requiring all your players to wear the Guardian cover for concussions.

I will say that some of it is having a bunch of older players with many into their 30s.
A guardian cover would not have stop Olave from getting a concussion on the hit he took.

You may have forgotten that Drew Brees wasn't with the Saints during the 2021 season. He was in a broadcast booth.

To your point, the Saints were decimated by injuries that season as well.
I did. I conflated the 20/21 seasons because they both were injury riddled seasons that I tried to forget.

Just tank and get a quality pick. Start the rebuild.
I normally hate tanking, but i think at this point the Saints dont even have to try. Only carolina can stop the free fall.

This just really stinks in very many words. Its been a long nightmare ever since Drew retired.

What makes it the worst is every year, N.O starts off with a jaw dropping win and the season just quickly sinks. Its torture.

If this keeps uo foorball will become like baseball to me, it used to be my favorite sport, but since 2014 every year my team is in the cellar. I pray this doesnt happen to the Saints.

And i know its only sports. Lord knows there are bigger things in life. But sports is a refuge, where for a couple hours i can celebrate and put aside anything. That is just no longer there for me.

Whether it was legal or illegal doesn't change the message. That means you didn't FIX anything.
Does someone piss in your cheerios every single morning, or is that just on most days?

Last edited:
That is an amazing injury list. That is 34% of our active roster on the injury list.
Its not just bench players either. Its a good chunk of the starting lineup. With this Its going to going to be hard evaluate Rattler. Even Drew would have a most difficult time in this circumstance

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom