Rashid Shaheed will undergo knee surgery to determine multiple weeks or rest of the season; Olave Out, Hill Doubtful for TNF game (52 Viewers)

48 on game day and really only 45 if you don't count the K, P, and long snapper. It makes it really hard to really pull a significant number of guys. If it's out of reach you can usually pull some skill guys but you don't have enough players to do much more. And, as you know, most NFL games don't get out of reach at the end. Even the Tampa game was competitive right up until they blew it open later in the game.

Yeah you’re definitely limited, but it’s still doable to an effective degree if it’s made into a point of emphasis.

Shaheed got injured late and finished the game. Why even have him in there when you can have Tipton, Means, and Wilson in there late? That’s just one example.

Even in the first two games we were winning by a wide margin, we had too many regulars out there late who we could have subbed out.

It just seems like a team like ours with the annual problem like ours would be looking for every “cheat” to help fix the issue, including things like this, as well as putting a stronger emphasis on guys that have a college and professional history of being durable.

There is a reason why guys like Cam Jordan and Demario Davis don’t miss games…some guys are just built differently and have a different level of toughness…there are many out there but we seem to ironically go with the opposite type more often than not.

For as much as I love Shaheed, and I get it that he was a UDFA, but even he has the injury history issue that has made stuff like this somewhat predictable.

Yeah you’re definitely limited, but it’s still doable to an effective degree if it’s made into a point of emphasis.

Shaheed got injured late and finished the game. Why even have him in there when you can have Tipton, Means, and Wilson in there late? That’s just one example.

Even in the first two games we were winning by a wide margin, we had too many regulars out there late who we could have subbed out.

It just seems like a team like ours with the annual problem like ours would be looking for every “cheat” to help fix the issue, including things like this, as well as putting a stronger emphasis on guys that have a college and professional history of being durable.

There is a reason why guys like Cam Jordan and Demario Davis don’t miss games…some guys are just built differently and have a different level of toughness…there are many out there but we seem to ironically go with the opposite type more often than not.

For as much as I love Shaheed, and I get it that he was a UDFA, but even he has the injury history issue that has made stuff like this somewhat predictable.

I think some of it is that's just how the NFL is and some of that is because guys have bonuses tied to stats and production. So, maybe a guy like Shaheed doesn't want to come out if there is a chance he gets yards or a TD that he needs to reach a bonus or a DE needs a sack number.

So, backup rookie QB, 4th string C, 2nd string RG who played OT until this year, a rookie LT, two rookie backup WRs, an injured RB, who knows returning kicks— doesn’t exacty inspire confidence in the offense.

On defense, we have three LBs who have been injured, a starting S on IR, an aging starter at S who has been hurt…no doubt I’m forgetting someone.

Hard to be optimistic about this game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom