Rashid Shaheed will undergo knee surgery to determine multiple weeks or rest of the season; Olave Out, Hill Doubtful for TNF game (48 Viewers)

Sucks but time . Have we ever seen a team that lost half of their offensive roster and key defensive starters?
nope this is unprecedented imo. The players must be unwilling to play injured. (Demario and Cam never missed a game until this year) How is that possible? its not, that's why, it means they are willing to play injured. Or the med staff is a total embarrassment. Or the players aren't doing their due diligence recovering. Something is definitely wrong and it probably goes back to the players not playing for DA.

We are the worst conditioned team in the league. Every year it’s the same with injuries. This is just another indictment on this coaching staff, attention to detail. This season can’t be over soon enough.

Definitely need to do more work on more meniscus strengthening exercises. That just seems obvious to me.

How easily we have forgotten the 2021 season! We had just as many injuries throughout that year, including DB9. Yet, coaching managed to lead the team to a winning record.

I've heard several people say similar things. But this doesn't compare. How do you think it goes in Payton's first season; this is KK's first season so it's a new offense, and he loses most of his O-line with two inexperienced tackles, Drew, and the top 2 receivers?

He would absolutely get his rear end handed to him.

This was always going to be a slow start to the season on offense without the injuries. With the injuries, impossible. The center has only been on the team for a few days. The only weapon the Saints have on offense is Kamara, and he's banged up. Ain't nobody pulling a rabbit out of this hat.

For a team so mired by injuries, we need to start putting an emphasis on getting guys out of games remotely out of reach.

I know we only have 53 guys to work with, but this needs to become a part of our program.

48 on game day and really only 45 if you don't count the K, P, and long snapper. It makes it really hard to really pull a significant number of guys. If it's out of reach you can usually pull some skill guys but you don't have enough players to do much more. And, as you know, most NFL games don't get out of reach at the end. Even the Tampa game was competitive right up until they blew it open later in the game.

More snaps running the ball was going to inevitably lead to more injuries. More opportunities for guys to get rolled on, more trench work, etc. Also, shifting to more running means gusy are traveling a lot of yards, Underhill did an article on it that pointed out yards travelled by the olineman. How at it's current rate it would dwarf past year easily.

Agreed, somethign needs to change.

nope this is unprecedented imo. The players must be unwilling to play injured. (Demario and Cam never missed a game until this year) How is that possible? its not, that's why, it means they are willing to play injured. Or the med staff is a total embarrassment. Or the players aren't doing their due diligence recovering. Something is definitely wrong and it probably goes back to the players not playing for DA.

It does seem like something is going on - even Underhill tweeted out something along those lines during the Bucs game (I think that was the timing).

Some things you obviously can't help, but Kamara playing through broken ribs while Kendre Miller is out 90 days with a pulled hamstring... I don't know.

It's probably a mixture of terrible luck and a lot of guys making 'business decisions.'

More snaps running the ball was going to inevitably lead to more injuries. More opportunities for guys to get rolled on, more trench work, etc. Also, shifting to more running means gusy are traveling a lot of yards, Underhill did an article on it that pointed out yards travelled by the olineman. How at it's current rate it would dwarf past year easily.

Agreed, somethign needs to change.

Just not sure exactly what it is. Stuff like groins and hamstrings are theoretically fixable with proper stretching and conditioning but not much you can do about a meniscus, obliques, broken ribs, or a concussion short of requiring all your players to wear the Guardian cover for concussions.

I will say that some of it is having a bunch of older players with many into their 30s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom