Red Dead Redemption (2 Viewers)

you can ride in a stagecoach but i don't know if you can take it camp....

fast travel is fine for some games but i don't really mind not having it here

It's not a huge thing and I won't use it much. But, like I said, I'd like to have it to do chores like go sell stuff at the fence or go buy some ammo and horse supplies. Or go buy more fishing bait.

It's not a huge thing and I won't use it much. But, like I said, I'd like to have it to do chores like go sell stuff at the fence or go buy some ammo and horse supplies.

you can craft horse supplies and get ammo from camp

you can craft horse supplies and get ammo from camp

Only if you upgrade, which I have, but there is still stuff that you need in town or need to do in town and are just boring day to day chores like getting your guns cleaned, buying hay, buying a new hat, more fishing lures, etc. that you need to go to town for. And I can't fast travel to my camp either so if I need to get those things and I'm not in camp or in a town, I have to spend 5 minutes doing a boring chore.

I see that they are trying to make it more realistic and make you live like someone that lived in that world, but too much realism can be a bad thing in a video game.

Oh, and as you know, I refuse to do crafting in a game unless I am using it to power level.

The game's relentless focus on realism is great in some ways. You get the real feel of that life, but it also makes playing the game a lot like having a job.

Oh, and I'm still a bit annoyed that I lost my grizzly pelt. I killed the grizzly but I didn't know what to do with the pelt and stuff. I went back to camp figuring I would just leave it by my tent and put it down. But it disappeared. I'm still not sure what I was supposed to do with it but I know you can use it to craft some kind of outfit.

you can just camp out in the wilderness and not worry about going back to camp all the time.

lol you just put a pelt on the ground expecting it to just hang around? This aint Skyrim...

you can just camp out in the wilderness and not worry about going back to camp all the time.

Yeah but you kind of need to go back to camp for the food, ammo, and new missions. I also feel this need to make sure that there is food at camp so I am constantly donating meat.

also, if you have an outfit saved to your horse, you can get the hat back that way

i have just gotten used to not having a hat....sometimes i grab one from an enemy that i kill which has resulted in some funny hats for a tough as nails cowboy

also, if you have an outfit saved to your horse, you can get the hat back that way

i have just gotten used to not having a hat....sometimes i grab one from an enemy that i kill which has resulted in some funny hats for a tough as nails cowboy

I figured out the hat on your horse thing last night. It's just hidden in the horse menu for some reason. But I also tend to just pick up hats from dead people. But most of the time I'm just running around without a hat.

I also wonder how long I can get my beard? I shaved after the snow tutorial was over but I have not shaved since then.

lol you just put a pelt on the ground expecting it to just hang around? This aint Skyrim...

That's exactly what I was expecting. I did that in Whiterun before I had a house. I didn't know what else to do with it. It was taking up too much room on my horse.

i had that damn grizzly pelt and some asshats attacked about 1/4 mile from camp....i was not ready for them...

i think there is a way to get back the legendary pelts once you kill the animal

it seems that you unlock the pelts at the trapper even if you don't bring them to him...you can still craft the outfit

But Rockstar has never had a game world where each item maintains it's attributes out in the "wild" though. That's never been part of their engine.

But Rockstar has never had a game world where each item maintains it's attributes out in the "wild" though. That's never been part of their engine.

Yeah well I don't spend a lot of time analyzing their engine and I don't recall them ever having things like pelts that you have to store separate from other stuff. And just because you haven't been able to do it before doesn't mean you can't in this engine. Beyond that, they clearly chose to go much more of an RPG style with this game so it seemed to make sense that you could drop it and it would remain persistent in the world.

So I didn't know what it would do, but since I didn't know what to do with it, I would give it a shot. I also figured that since you could drop it you could pick it up. But you can't. It disappeared quickly. And I still don't know what I was supposed to do with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom