Saints and Carr deal released $150M over 4 years $100M fully guaranteed (1 Viewer)

*pointing a DaveXA quick and hiding my hands*

The only garbage time stats Jameis has based on standard garbage time metrics (4th quarter down 2+ TDS) was during the Bucs game. Also, if it is such a small sample size, how do we use that to determine performance, especially when Derek Carr's numbers wasn't that far off. Makes you wonder.

I'm a big fan of Jameis' ceiling but that's besides the point. How can we say that Jameis ran an offense well with one coach and bad with another and what we see on tape is what we have but then turn around and say that coaching held Derek Carr back and ignore everything that tape shows us? Derek Carr played poorly to start the season and poorly to finish it.

Tape was out there for both.

He's ours now and let's just hope DA/PC can actually make this work

I did say that, and it's really simple. He was benched because a) he and McDaniels were never on the same page and b) money. That is all. The performance was mostly fine.

And fwiw, I felt the same way about Jameis getting the short end of the stick. Injuries derailed him more than performance. But Jameis needs the right coach calling plays. Payton was better than he got credit for.

I think Carr will be a better fit in the Saints offense than the Raiders. Pretty safe bet imo.

I did say that, and it's really simple. He was benched because a) he and McDaniels were never on the same page and b) money. That is all. The performance was mostly fine.

And fwiw, I felt the same way about Jameis getting the short end of the stick. Injuries derailed him more than performance. But Jameis needs the right coach calling plays. Payton was better than he got credit for.

I think Carr will be a better fit in the Saints offense than the Raiders. Pretty safe bet imo.
Red zone efficiency alone should show how much coaching matters...

Fans put on rose colored glasses when new players are signed. Cherry pick the stats they like and ignore the bad. This happened when JW signed and we’re seeing the same thing now with Carr.

Fans put on rose colored glasses when new players are signed. Cherry pick the stats they like and ignore the bad. This happened when JW signed and we’re seeing the same thing now with Carr.
We'll see, but there's plenty to be optimistic about with Carr, but hey, if doubt makes you feel better, by all means have at it. :9:

Watching Carr right now on NFLN in an overtime battle for a playoff spot against the Chargers and Herbert…. His defense gives up a 15 point 4th Q lead…. His Oline gets him beat up…. He still has no quit…. He makes line adjustments to get the run game going…. Drops several dimes to get his team into FG range for the win. Yeah. I’ll take that.

Watching Carr right now on NFLN in an overtime battle for a playoff spot against the Chargers and Herbert…. His defense gives up a 15 point 4th Q lead…. His Oline gets him beat up…. He still has no quit…. He makes line adjustments to get the run game going…. Drops several dimes to get his team into FG range for the win. Yeah. I’ll take that.
Yep, and he's done that more than a few times. We'll almost always be in a given game until late.

Yeah, they did pretty well. Their red zone efficiency was junk tho. Thats what killed their offense. Their defense was bad also. So that didn't help.
When a QB is being told not to audible then you can bet you will miss some red zone opportunities. McDaniels is the problem just like was the problem when he coached the Broncos. The guy is a nut job.

The only garbage time stats Jameis has based on standard garbage time metrics (4th quarter down 2+ TDS) was during the Bucs game. Also, if it is such a small sample size, how do we use that to determine performance, especially when Derek Carr's numbers wasn't that far off. Makes you wonder.
You're only using stats to "determine performance." NFL professionals use tape to determine a players actual performance. That's why NFL professional don't have the same performance evaluations of Carr and Winston that you do.

QB stats tell you what happened, but they never tell you why they happened or who performed well or bad. There's not a single QB stat that is the sole result of the QB's performance, so it's impossible to truly evaluate a QB's performance without watching their play on tape.

And the NFL professionals analyze every play of a player, they don't base their evaluations on just 1 or 2 games, or some highlight reels. They study the All 22 version of every play.

Last edited:
You're only using stats to "determine performance." NFL professionals use tape to determine a players actual performance. That's why NFL professional don't have the same performance evaluations of Carr and Winston that you do.
Actually, I'm not. If you actually looked at the rest of the post, I put up the game clips that confirms my points.
QB stats tell you what happened, but they never tell you why they happened or who performed well or bad. There's not a single QB stat that is the sole result of the QB's performance, so it's impossible to truly evaluate a QB's performance without watching their play on tape.

And the NFL professionals analyze every play of a player, they don't base their evaluations on just 1 or 2 games, or some highlight reels. They study the All 22 version of every play.
You mean an All-22 like this

That describes the complexity of Bruce Arians' offense (which invalidates the "between the ears" nonsense people say) and why a huge chunk of interceptions that many said were due to "bad decision making" was actually the receivers making the wrong read. Imagine when most evaluators "evaluate" but don't take those nuances into consideration. All we got was "turnovers prone." All-22 gave us a lot more insight into those "bad decisions" yall love to talk about.

Maybe if you did some real research you'd understand why we are onboard with signing Carr. Here I'll do some of the work for you

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom