Saints at the top of Davante Adams’ wish list [Raiders trade Adams to Jets for conditional 3rd ; Jets paying Adams’ entire remaining salary] (32 Viewers)

The lockeroom may not be lost yet, but I'm not sure it can withstand a loss to Payton on Thursday. 5 loses in a row capped off by losing to your old coach is tough for any team to come back from. Especially when you have this many injuries.

I agree. This is a major junction point for our season, both psychologically and math wise.

If we lose this game, at home, a fifth straight, I am not sure we recover. We're probably looking at a 5-12 type campaign.

Oh, we could have afforded it but we would have had to have done some really dumb things with older players to make it work. Things they should not be doing these days. It was worth it with prime Brees and some can kicking to keep good young players makes sense, but this thing where they extend 30 plus year-old players and then add void years that go well into their 30s has to stop now. We aren't in a Championship window now and we shouldn't act like we are.

What we need to do is get back closer to cap compliant, or well under it, so that if Rattler is the guy, or we find another QB who is the guy, we will have the money and draft picks to build a team around them. Loomis started that process 3 years ago but it has been slow and slowed greatly by the Carr contract. But it needs to be accelerated now. I'm not talking about tearing it all down, but I do think it means walking away from Jordan, Davis, Lattimore, Adebo, and Kamara. It also likely means you don't take the chance on signing Olave to a new deal due to his concussion history and you have to look at whether Mathieu's contract is worth it on this team.

I think they also need to see if there is a way to move on from Carr if Rattler turns out to be good.
Agree on a lot of that. You play those salary cap games for a franchise QB, especially a HOFer in good condition. But that’s about it. Belichick had that one down pat. Other than signing Randy Moss, they kept surrounding Brady with affordable young talent.

I agree. This is a major junction point for our season, both psychologically and math wise.

If we lose this game, at home, a fifth straight, I am not sure we recover. We're probably looking at a 5-12 type campaign.
Depends. You are probably right. But if we lose Thursday without Olave, Shaheed, Taysom, and half the OL and then we get them all back in a week or two, we might see a spark. Might.

Despite the animosity on this board toward DA, I think the team wants him to succeed.

Agree on a lot of that. You play those salary cap games for a franchise QB, especially a HOFer in good condition. But that’s about it. Belichick had that one down pat. Other than signing Randy Moss, they kept surrounding Brady with affordable young talent.
I.think they had Moss for pretty cheap Salary for what his abilities were. I dont even think.they really paid Welker much or Edelman

Depends. You are probably right. But if we lose Thursday without Olave, Shaheed, Taysom, and half the OL and then we get them all back in a week or two, we might see a spark. Might.

Despite the animosity on this board toward DA, I think the team wants him to succeed.
We all want him to succeed, seriously, but 3 years in and it sure feels like we really haven't gained much ground.

I would love to see the team dig deep and try to pull out a win against our former coach. I think they have pride enough to recognize how bad the second half of the Bucs game looked and hope that's motivation to do better.

We'll see.

I.think they had Moss for pretty cheap Salary for what his abilities were. I dont even think.they really paid Welker much or Edelman
Benjarvis Green Ellis had a great run in New England. Undrafted out of Ole Miss. 1,000 yard rusher in year 3 for Patriots. Let him walk after his rookie deal. Load up on cheap young guys and stock pile draft picks. It works as long as you have the franchise QB.

So thankful we dodged that.

Like we are not a dysfunctional organization right now? At least his buddy is calling the shots in NY...Aaron.

No way would I have come here if I was Devante. You have a lame duck coach, aging defense, and an organization headed in the wrong direction.

Who would want to come play for DA?

Like we are not a dysfunctional organization right now? At least his buddy is calling the shots in NY...Aaron.

No way would I have come here if I was Devante. You have a lame duck coach, aging defense, and an organization headed in the wrong direction.

Who would want to come play for DA?
Oh yeah I wasn’t saying we’re in a better spot, or making fun of the Jets. I’m a Jets fan. Both of my teams suck. lol I just thought it was funny.

Well that won’t escalate to a 2nd lol.

“The Raiders are getting a conditional third-round pick that can become a second-round pick in return for the star wide receiver, according to ESPN. The Jets are assuming all of Adams’ contract according to ESPN.

The conditions to make the pick a second-rounder are difficult to attain.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom