Saints hosted RB Kareem Hunt and LB Anthony Barr (Upd: Hunt leaves Colts/Vikings visits w/ no deal; Giants cancel Barr visit) (1 Viewer)

These guys will not be on large contracts so it makes sense for them to try to pick the best place for their families to live for the time they are here! While money is great, family happiness is more important at a certain point.
I always say Skylene was the deciding factor of Sean up and leaving 😅 she told him she hated New Orleans and as her Husband he wanted to make sure she was good. This makes the most sense to me in my head so it’s what I’ve stuck with even tho it’s no way to prove it. It’s just odd a coach who’s been here that long would go out that way to me.

The RB market the way it is is created by the RBs and their bone headed agents.
Actually, the running back market today is less about the "bone headed agents" and more about rookie contracts/franchise tags, devaluation of the position, and expendability. Should the Sequon Barkley and his "bone headed agent" be upset that Daniel Jones get $40 mil a year while he has to settle for a franchise tag? Austin Ekeler was the offense for the Chargers, as he was responsible for 26% of total yards and 44% of total touchdowns. He earned his piece....

But speaking about Austin Ekeler, someone made a valid point saying that Ekeler himself was responsible for the current situation.

RG3 said it best. RBs need separate structure for their rookie contracts. 3 year max + 1 year franchise. Shortest shelf life should have to opportunity to cash out. I hate the running backs didn't see the writing on the wall with the "pussification" of the middle of the field and making the game safer for QBs and WRs but not them. I know what position group will be front and center next CBA negotiation. I just hope that it is not too little, too late. NFL with nothing but passing will be just as boring as the NBA (regular season) is now.

Wow.....these clowns just follow one another with this false report 😳
It’s not a false report but fluctuated wording. They used ‘expected to sign’ as likely to happen based on whatever details they have at the time but not finalized yet while they don’t have to be accountable if it doesn’t. It’s really on the comprehension skills of the reader to not accept ‘expected to’ as it happened right then and there without it fully finalized.

You’re looking it at strictly as a fan. Put on your Loomis cool business sportscoat and shades and look as it as a GM running a business. If they can get better (more expensive for the team) contracts elsewhere, more power to them. And if they’re (and their agents) are pulling an Ingram (who I love), then more power to us.
But I’m not,
Actually, the running back market today is less about the "bone headed agents" and more about rookie contracts/franchise tags, devaluation of the position, and expendability. Should the Sequon Barkley and his "bone headed agent" be upset that Daniel Jones get $40 mil a year while he has to settle for a franchise tag? Austin Ekeler was the offense for the Chargers, as he was responsible for 26% of total yards and 44% of total touchdowns. He earned his piece....

But speaking about Austin Ekeler, someone made a valid point saying that Ekeler himself was responsible for the current situation.

RG3 said it best. RBs need separate structure for their rookie contracts. 3 year max + 1 year franchise. Shortest shelf life should have to opportunity to cash out. I hate the running backs didn't see the writing on the wall with the "pussification" of the middle of the field and making the game safer for QBs and WRs but not them. I know what position group will be front and center next CBA negotiation. I just hope that it is not too little, too late. NFL with nothing but passing will be just as boring as the NBA (regular season) is now.
all good points.

I don't see why Hunt would want to come here. 4th on the depth chart after 3 games and doesn't bring anything different to the table than what we already have.

Barr meanwhile only has to beat out Baun to start at strong side linebacker.
We really only start 2 lbs. we play a lot of secondary guys. I believe Abraham will pretty much plsy linebacker for us

NOF and Nick’s accounts immediately retweeted Russini’s first tweet like he does with all Saints news from the big network reporters.

Sometimes he’s the main source. Other times he’ll share the national insiders’ reports if they know more, and let them take the heat in this case

Welp...this thread didn't quite make it to the Deshaun Watson thread level.

200w.webp

Just perusing another Saints board and there’s a poster who called the Hunt signing news BS before it was released that it was bs. Also said Indy probably the spot, also before news broke. Turns out he was right.

He was made fun of mercilessly right after his post….he’s serving some serious crow right now….thread is gold over there. 😂😂

Just perusing another Saints board and there’s a poster who called the Hunt signing news BS before it was released that it was bs. Also said Indy probably the spot, also before news broke. Turns out he was right.

He was made fun of mercilessly right after his post….he’s serving some serious crow right now….thread is gold over there. 😂😂
It's a fun time when you get to be right against the flow of popular opinion. I remember the barracking a Pats fan was getting at our SB party as the Falcons' lead grew in *that* game. His comeback tour around two floors of the bar as Brady led the come back was epic to observe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom