Saints hosted RB Kareem Hunt and LB Anthony Barr (Upd: Hunt leaves Colts/Vikings visits w/ no deal; Giants cancel Barr visit) (3 Viewers)

Very important to keep in mind that it appears that we plan to use Kamara as a WR, possibly a lot. So this offers us some package flexibility. Hunt ain’t a slouch catching out of the backfield either.

Phenomenal signing.
This is the best point I’ve seen. Kamara being used more as a WR makes a lot of sense with these RB additions plus Taysom.

Would be a breath of fresh air

The Hunt signing could simply be to cover the loss of Eno. Could mean we dont think Miller is going to be ready early. Could also be to fill in for AK to start the season, then set us up pretty solid if one of oir other backs miss time. Not sure which of those it is.

Bringing Barr onboard is pretty easy to figure out. We need another proven player at that position. I think we have some young talent we are developing there, with Dowell as the frontrunner. Losing him made this necessary. I like the depth. Hope he has a little more gas left in the tank.

Last edited:
Im not sure how I feel about the Hunt signing.

1) he’s washed
2) Beating women is not ok.
I’d say you just stated how you feel about the signing. However, I disagree that he’s “washed” as you say, but he does need to prove that he still has it and hopefully the Saints give him an opportunity to do so. Also, obviously beating women is not ok. Hopefully he will use this chance to prove out that he has changed his behavior in that regard, too.

That's some deep, profound wisdom if I ever heard it!
What's deep and profound about that? It's a baseless statement that he/she gave, with no explanation to back it, or reasoning behind it. If anything, it's a profoundly dumb statement.
A lot of people on here are either negative or too lazy to give an explanation as to why they say the things they do. I usually ignore them, but I just wanted to offer my 2 cents in regards to that post.

The Hunt signing could simply be to cover the loss of Eno. Could mean we dont think Miller is going to be ready early. Could also be to fill in for AK to start the season, then set us up pretty solid if one of oir other backs miss time. Not sure which of those it is.

Bringing Barr onboard is pretty easy to figure out. We need another proven player at that position. I think we jave some young talent we are developing there, with Dowell as the frontrunner. Losing him made this necessary. I like the depth. Hope he has a little more gas left in the tank.
No lie, I was a lil nervous about going into the season with only J Will n Kendre. Hopefully Kareem can come in n give us some much needed experience n depth!

Along with the loss of Dowell, DD is now on the shelf with an injury. Nuttn serious, but he’s gonna miss some time. Barr can play MIKE, n like. Hunt, give us some vet experience n depth there.

So we’ll see

I wanted the Saints to trade for him last year when he was wanting out of Cleveland. I felt he would have been a good number 2 to Kamara and an upgrade to Ingram. Now we get him as a possible 3-4 rb it is a low risk high reward situation. He could serve as your number during the suspension and hopefully Miller will pass him by season end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom