Saints making strongest push for Anquan Boldin??? (1 Viewer)

This would have been real nice a few years a go. I hope he still has some left in the tank.

It cracks me up how elitist some fans act about this potential move. As if we have some deep, established WR core.

There's Cooks and Snead. Fair enough....after that there is a rookie (admittedly one with serious potential that Brees already seems to love, but still one who hasn't taken a real snap yet)......and Brandon Coleman, who showed up like 4 times all of last year. After that, it's a bunch of practice squad potential.

For some perspective, it wasn't terribly long ago that people were debating whether NICK TOON was going to break out as a WR on this team. Nick.......Toon. So yeah, we definitely don't need to turn our noses up at bringing in a Pro Bowler who can teach these youngsters a lot.

i was ALL FOR bringing this guy in before we drafted Michael Thomas. I can't see why I'd be against it now!

You guys do realize we usually have terrible luck with injuries right? The more quality players we have at a position, the better

Seems like all the outlets are picking up Rapaport's report. He is batting almost 0 with Saints news, so questioning how reliable the report is.

I'm not a fan of paying anything more than the vet min for this guy. It sounds like we will be paying more than that. Coleman will beat him out anyway.

Let me ask you what Coleman has done that impresses you so much??

The guy is about a dog biscuit better than Nick Toon was......................:idunno:

If you're so high on developing Coleman isn't there just a smidgen of a chance that Boldin could help ,in the development process?

Veteran depth and leadership is something that is sorely missing in what could be a very good but VERY young wide receiver corps for the Saints!!

Cooks, Thomas, Snead, Boldin, Fleener, Coleman.

Heck of a receiver unit. Would be awesome.

Look what Brees did for Ben Watson, he will do the same for Boldin.

If healthy, Boldin will have an absolute resurgence with Brees.

LOL @ the Boldin pic they used.

Of all the Boldin pics they could have used from over the years........his seasons in Zona catching passes from Warner......his SB run with the Ravens....even 2 seasons worth of OTHER material from the 49ers.....

And they select a photo of Boldin as a Niner, catching a pass while beating Corey White in 2014, while Rob Ryan is shown looking befuddled in the background. Reminds me of that commercial that used to play in the '90s...."make a statement without saying a word". Yep, they did just that :spit:.

Seems like all the outlets are picking up Rapaport's report. He is batting almost 0 with Saints news, so questioning how reliable the report is.

This is my fear exactly. I am worried that this is the Saints trolling Rapaport yet again OR this is Boldin's agent making one last attempt to squeeze a little more money out of the team he really is going to sign with.

I hope I'm wrong, because I really think this could be a homerun pickup for us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom