Saints players and other key sports and public figures are angry at Drew Brees for his anthem comments (2 Viewers)

The real question is why do we have the anthem at every game anyways? This isn't the Olympics, we're all from the US. I can see at the Superbowl but just a normal Sunday game why to we have to prove our indoctrination?

So saying he’s dead to him after the hundreds and thousands of things that same man has done for New Orleans and also for that whole state alone that be it for white blacks all races is a smart thing to say ... no it’s not.... say dumb things get dumb answers sorry!

Last edited:
A year or so ago no one wanted to accept or discuss the Kaepernick protest. Now it has hit the fan.

Tone and wording matters, that's why PR people are important. Drew should have simply said, 'guys have a free choice to do as they feel, but I will choose a different form of protest'.

this sucks. multiple players are going at drew on our team right now on twitter. 7-9 here we come!!!!
Brees is getting smoked on his own Instagram and Twitter pages, as well. He needs to come out with something soon or his post-football media gigs could be in jeopardy.

The photo op with Trump was almost forgotten ... almost. Not anymore.

It went under the radar yesterday, but Brees posted a black square on his Instagram yesterday for Blackout Tuesday (in support of the Floyd protestors, Kaepernick, etc.). That Insta post is getting waylaid now.

I’ll say this and I’ll leave it alone... kneeling during the anthem was NEVER about disrespecting the Flag. Kaep got the idea of kneeling from Nate Boyer... who served as in the army. He told Kaep that’s a way of honoring them.. not to disrespect anyone. If an ex-green beret gave the idea of kneeling I don’t think anyone else should have a problem with it. But you can believe what you want to believe I guess.

As for mike t... this is what mike meant when he said “he don’t know no better”. Drew needs to talk to Malcolm Jenkins to understand the protests... I really don’t think Drew understands.

You don’t have to abandon your beliefs. Stand and put your hand on your heart during the anthem. But let others do what they may...convince them that your beliefs are also worthy of empathy through understanding and love.
I already do. I don’t condone it though, which I think was Drew’s message.

Peace.

One of my coworkers sent me a text saying Brees trending. Saints done this season. This was my response to him:

Anyone who has ever seen Brees respond to these things are not surprised. I also think to see what he said and construe that as Brees is not compassionate and devotes a ton of his life to his charitable efforts, especially in the New Orleans area is looking to pick a fight. Being pissed off about what happened to George Floyd and others and also being pissed off about people saying this country is the worst country and disrespecting the flag that allows folks these freedoms are not in conflict with each other. They just aren’t. It’s ok to be pissed off about both.

I also said:
I also don’t think they will step on the field and Michael Thomas will all of the sudden hate Drew and drop passes. Malcolm Jenkins and Demario Davis aren’t going to stop opposing teams from getting in the end zone. Saints locker room is one of the strongest in the league. They’re talking, trust me. And we will be better for it. CHAMPIONSHIP!!! 🏆🏆🏆

Because I had to get championship in there...but seriously, they will get through this. Mike likes to pop off on social media. Part of his psychie. And this is Drew. Neither one hates each other and they will talk, if they already haven’t done so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom