Saints players and other key sports and public figures are angry at Drew Brees for his anthem comments (1 Viewer)

Are you seriously trying to say cancel culture isn't a thing? Do we have to remind you of Kevin Hart and the groupthink that propagates on Twitter?

Kevin Hart wasn't canceled. The people who run the Academy Awards asked him to apologize for some homophobic jokes he made and he refused. So he didn't host the Oscars. That's it.

He got a Netflix special pretty soon after and has headlined several big movies since then, and had smaller appearances in several more.

Kevin Hart being canceled is pretty hyperbolic.

He plays for the team. He's been our best player for almost 15 years. But he sure isn't a representative of it's people. And that's okay.

I don't like what he said. I think the idea that kneeling during the anthem is somehow disrespecting "the flag" (a silly notion, it's a damn piece of fabric) feels like a convenient excuse to avoid addressing the key issue behind kneeling during the flag.

The whole point of a protest is inherently about disruption. It's about being seen. It's about getting attention by going against the normal flow of life but in a non-violent way. Kaepernick was doing it perfectly. Quietly and with actual respect to the actual anthem as he was originally sitting down.

The spirit of this country is in it's freedoms. And no one deserves those freedoms more than people you don't agree with. Kneeling during the anthem respects "the flag" more than it doesn't way I see it.

But Drew...dude just can't help keep his foot out his mouth. I just hope this doesn't affect his relationship with the team. He loses that trust with his teammates and we could be seeing Taysom and/or Jameis sooner than later.

And so now Drew Brees is a racist? You better go research that.
No Brees ain't racist but, Brees should of said he would never kneel but, people are entitled to do what they feel. Don't start stuff. Sometimes saying minimal is always smart because your message doesn't come across the way you may have intended and your words get lost in translation. FFS:teach:

Yes he does and so does Cam and Emmanuel Sanders. The black members of this team are pissed.
I am from mixed dissent. I assure you, the black members of our team does not care if Drew is Republican, if he decides to stand for the anthem, etc. Provide facts of how the black members of the team are pissed. Not trying to put you on blast, but you can’t just say stuff like this, and not expect to back up your post.

I will say this. I don't agree with a lot of my coworkers and friends and their stance on a lot of things. But I respect it. And Thomas and Brees should too. No one should force anyone to follow a trend
A trend? My friend this is in the trend this is an obscene action by people that were hired to protect us that the action of kneeling to bring attention to this despicable act is associating it with disrespecting the flag and the national anthem is absurd, google articles of the flag And show me where it says that kneeling is a form of disrespecting the flag and the anthem, I guarantee you’re not gonna find it because it isn’t. And this Fourth of July when you’re having your barbecue on that paper plate stamped with the American flag looking at the young ladies with the American flag is halter tops or the middle age guys with American stanand show me where it says that kneeling is a form of disrespecting the flag and the anthem, I guarantee you’re not gonna find it because it isn’t. And this Fourth of July when you’re having your barbecue on that paper plate stamped with the American flag looking at the young ladies with the American flag is halter tops or the middle age guys with American flags as bandannas then you can start to be outraged for disrespecting the flag.

I don't get involved or care about the eternal outrage that happens on twitter, etc. People are more nuanced than a soundbite or tweet. They misspeak, make mistakes, or need to clarify. The social media mob doesn't care about any of that.

Drew Brees is a Patriot, just like me and every other red blooded American. He has a right to be THAT Patriotic. If a bunch of Karens don't like it and want to demonize my Quarterback, then to Hades with the whole NFL. BTW, Michael Thomas is a Diva. Getting sick of his whiny mouth.

...Don't start stuff...
Nothing he said could honestly be construed as mean, hateful, or against anyone. I think this is related to that old saying "If you're looking for trouble, you're gonna find it.". People are looking for trouble so even though he was very well spoken and thoughtful, they still managed to find fault with his statement...if they even actually paid attention and didn't just go by the heading.

It all boils down to having those tough conversations that are not being discussed. You have to put yourself in the other person shoes cause what's been happening is "oh it's not affecting me, so I don't see what it is". Time for change and understand and most of all LISTEN and empathize with the other side so if you don't know you can be educated. Privilege has its advantages but you have to understand the other side also and how the "line" is lopsided and it favors "the inside of the hand". If you get me drift.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom