Saints players and other key sports and public figures are angry at Drew Brees for his anthem comments (2 Viewers)

After much optimism by me, it is beginning to sound like the season should be canceled.
Why? Because of COVID or the hostility going on right now?

Let be real, people have piss poor memories. Last week we were up in arms about the economy opening up, the week before it was COVID, the week before it was something else, at one point this year I think the Amazon was on fire, or we were headed for putting more kids in cages. It’s only a matter of time til this blows over.

I mean if people were really up in arms about Drew’s comments they would have turned off the NFL years ago when the league blackballed Kaepernick, but the NFL still draws viewers because people can’t remember what they had for dinner last night.

Wow yes I’m pretty sure almost everyone is mad about the riots and looting ... protests are different but riots are not legal and shouldn’t be applauded...
It's escalated to riots specifically because peaceful protests like Kaepernick's have been lambasted. If peaceful protests don't work, what is left?

I'm not sure why Michael Thomas gets to define what a protest he didn't create stands for but Drew Brees doesn't. Some people think it's disrespectful to our military/country as proxied by the flag. Some people don't think so. People get to disagree. Drew Brees has done more to help the majority black city of New Orleans than every person who's trashing this on Twitter combined.

Drew is not having a great day on the Twitter.

He's getting called out by a lot of other teams players and celebrities too. Yeesh. I hope this wakes him up, if not for anything, to not be so darn stupid to double down on your patriotism when the world outside you is literally burning down due to racial injustice in this country.

For as smart as he is, he has always been atrocious at reading the room.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom