Saints players and other key sports and public figures are angry at Drew Brees for his anthem comments (1 Viewer)

China never engaged in chattel slavery but the US did. Try again.
No, you try again.

Lebron and Kerr were quiet as hell when China had their foot on Hong Kong’s neck. They didn’t want to get involved because it was going to hurt their wallets. That’s just a fact.

“I support my teammates right to peacefully protest 100%”. If he wants to add “Great Americans have given their lives in order to ensure that right and I’m grateful for their sacrifices” then so be it. It’s really not that hard.

I think Drew seems a little tone deaf or naive about things but that shouldn’t be surprising. A lot of hyper competitive people with a singular focus often are.

it’s also hard to see things from another person’s perspective. I’ll never know what it’s like to be black or Hispanic or Native American. There will be things important to me that may seem trivial to someone else. Things i take for granted etc. I can listen and emphasize but I’m sure I still have my blindspots as Drew does and as does everyone else. From Katrina to COVID Brees has helped the community a lot. It seems like he has a good heart, but a blindspot about the current moment.

Bad bad look Drew. Your point just comes across as self-righteous and very insensitive. Hopefully, this does not get ugly real quick.

crazy this is the Kaep message doesnt really pertain to the flag but more , on both sides, are more concerned with the flag than the message - Lebron's response highlights this

it is already ugly and wont go back for many this will be Drew's defining moment

I actually thought he was more media savvy.
Not so much. He's been very media-savvy when rolling downhill while things are good. But Brees has made some public missteps in recent years ... he has sort of backed into the business end of hot-button topics a few times. Generally, he's been like Teflon -- nothing yet has stuck for long. But today's events could change that without some double-time PR management and a just-so public statement with support from teammates.

No, you try again.

Lebron and Kerr were quiet as hell when China had their foot on Hong Kong’s neck. They didn’t want to get involved because it was going to hurt their wallets. That’s just a fact.
Ad homoninem BS. LeBron and Kerr are US citizens

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom