Saints players and other key sports and public figures are angry at Drew Brees for his anthem comments (2 Viewers)

He's getting called out by a lot of other teams players and celebrities too. Yeesh. I hope this wakes him up, if not for anything, to not be so darn stupid to double down on your patriotism when the world outside you is literally burning down due to racial injustice in this country.

For as smart as he is, he has always been atrocious at reading the room.

Not just other teams...

Like, we know Mike Thomas has a permanent chip on his shoulder, and Alvin is probably disgruntled, but for Cam Jordan to chip in seems pretty remarkable.

so looting and burning down peoples businesses and possibly killing more is the right answer ha good thinking 🤔
The point is that it never should have gotten to this point. Instead of criticizing how minorities choose to peacefully protest - maybe white people should've actually listened to them, for once.

It didn't see it posted in the thread but this event may ruin our locker room chemistry and our chance at a championship this year may have departed.

Drew needs to make another statement.

No he doesn’t. Drew made his thoughts on the matter crystal clear. What you and the Leftists of this country need to do is let others express their differing opinions than those you hold without fear of retaliation.

I think twitter might be the dumbest invention of all time.

At one point after its inception, SMS was a great business tool. I remember using it extensively when I worked for Nextel back in the early 2000's. I left Nextel in 2005. ~A year later Twitter launched, and I had no desire to use it again.

like when he was conned by a bible thumping hate group?

He was also endorsing Advocare long after they'd been exposed as little more than a multi-level marketing scam. And the whole jewelry nonsense. He's really not all that savvy outside of the "Support the troops! Apple pie and flags!" athlete PR playbook, which is what got him in this mess.

I'm not sure why Michael Thomas gets to define what a protest he didn't create stands for but Drew Brees doesn't. Some people think it's disrespectful to our military/country as proxied by the flag. Some people don't think so. People get to disagree. Drew Brees has done more to help the majority black city of New Orleans than every person who's trashing this on Twitter combined.
What does " doing stuff for the black community" have to do with anything. I'm not gone way how your opinion sounds right now.

No he doesn’t. Drew made his thoughts on the matter crystal clear. What you and the Leftists of this country need to do is let others express their differing opinions than those you hold without fear of retaliation.

... as long as they don't kneel through the National Anthem? :hihi:

Ad homoninem BS. LeBron and Kerr are US citizens

Sure China doesn’t have a slavery problem, but Bruh, the NBA makes so much cash off of China, and when the NBA scrimmaged in China (during the start of the protests ) both guys were asked about their opinions on the protests, and both kept quiet because they didn’t want to hurt their pocketbooks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom