Saints released Michael Thomas per Duncan; Thomas & Winston are Post-June 1 cuts (2 Viewers)

Don't think he's any more of a cancer than he was in his prime. He's just no longer worth putting up with because his play doesn't match his mouth.

Still same passionate guy he was before. He'll be missed.
I’m sure there are a lot of people that Brees was able to keep in check and then when he left there wasn’t anyone on offense to fill the leadership role

I have to admit that I'm not sorry to see him go.

He was constantly a distraction and intentionally creating problems by airing his grievances publically... and we all know that's only allowed during Festivus.

I don't think he's a mouthpiece for the organization. That's just what MT is implying. I think he's a giant Richard who will swing anyway the wind blows if he thinks it'll get him some readers. In my book, he's insufferable. We're talking about the guy who when he released his book, during the highest moment in the franchise's history, decided to highlight wearing paper bags in the title of it. He's like that uncle who while everyone else is congratulating you at your graduation on a job well done decides this is the perfect time to bring up, "hey remember how your fiancée dumped you during first year of law school? Man, you were a mess for months, Hahaha! Whatever happened to her? Oh man." He's been that guy for years now. Bounty Gate, of course, is another example of why I can't stand the guy, but there's other reasons from stuff he's wrote here and there.

I don't think he's a writer for the Saints because he likes the Saints or even enjoys covering the team or sports. He just knows how to type and at this point in his life his only means of employment is tied to the Saints. I wish he'd find a hobby that paid him well enough to do whatever Richards do when not annoying people. I'd just prefer he was far away from the Saints.
MT said Duncan’s a mouthpiece for the Saints because he sees fans on saints twitter, and possibly a forum or agent, regurgitate that he’s a mouthpiece for the team. That sums up the narrative towards Duncan. One person starts labeling him something or perceiving him a certain way because of personal contempt. Then it’s adopted by another person, then extended to a group, and becomes accepted through numbers with no substantial reason. It just looks like pure hate to have something to gripe about. Everyone’s entitled to feel how they feel but the examples of why is pretty ridiculous.

Like the book title you mentioned. The Saints became closely associated with bagheads when Saints fans faithfully wore bags on their heads at games during 4 sloppy losing seasons with Ditka and Mora, 7 straight losing seasons overall in the 90s. Then the team started to consistently win with Payton and won a SB. Saints fans were seen as the baghead fans in the media because of the Ditka era until Payton arrived. I can see how bags to riches could describe Saints fans feelings going from rooting for terrible-below average Saints teams, for a decade+, to rooting for one of the perennial top teams in the league. They went from being a bottom franchise to one of the most respected teams. I don’t think just having the word bags in the title means wearing paperbags was being highlighted in a disrespectful or embarrassing way. It could factually describe what fans and the team were doing or where they were at before becoming a winner. But if we’re looking for something wrong, we’ll find something wrong. We’ve already convinced ourselves beforehand.

Duncan’s job covering the Saints ties himself to the team no different than Rod Walker, Kat Terrell, John Hendrix, or Underhill. NOLA .com writers like Walker, Duncan and Luke Johnson actually covers other college and pro sports teams in the city and state and don’t necessarily have to rely on covering the Saints like other Saints reporters. Underhill is independent. But NOF’s existence is based on having access or attaching/tying themselves to the pro football team in N.O. Underhill said himself that he pays for camera access in the locker room and likely other access. Every Saints reporter are all in the same boat just doing their jobs. They cover the team differently from one another with their own styles. But they’re columnists and reporters covering the team. Some are more impartial than others

Last edited:
MT said Duncan’s a mouthpiece for the Saints because he sees fans on saints twitter, and possibly a forum or agent, regurgitate that he’s a mouthpiece for the team. That sums up the narrative towards Duncan. One person starts labeling him something or perceiving him a certain way because of personal contempt. Then it’s adopted by another person, then extended to a group, and becomes accepted through numbers with no substantial reason. It just looks like pure hate to have something to gripe about. Everyone’s entitled to feel how they feel but the examples of why is pretty ridiculous.

Like the book title you mentioned. The Saints became closely associated with bagheads when Saints fans faithfully wore bags on their heads at games during 4 sloppy losing seasons with Ditka and Mora, 7 straight losing seasons overall in the 90s. Then the team started to consistently win with Payton and won a SB. Saints fans were seen as the baghead fans in the media because of the Ditka era until Payton arrived. I can see how bags to riches could describe Saints fans feelings going from rooting for terrible-below average Saints teams, for a decade+, to rooting for one of the perennial top teams in the league. They went from being a bottom franchise to one of the most respected teams. I don’t think just having the word bags in the title means wearing paperbags was being highlighted in a disrespectful or embarrassing way. It could factually describe what fans and the team were doing or where they were at before becoming a winner. But if we’re looking for something wrong, we’ll find something wrong. We’ve already convinced ourselves beforehand.

Duncan’s job covering the Saints ties himself to the team no different than Rod Walker, Kat Terrell, John Hendrix, or Underhill. NOLA .com writers like Walker, Duncan and Luke Johnson actually covers other college and pro sports teams in the city and state and don’t necessarily have to rely on covering the Saints like other Saints reporters. Underhill is independent. But NOF’s existence is based on having access or attaching/tying themselves to the pro football team in N.O. Underhill said himself that he pays for camera access in the locker room and likely other access. Every Saints reporter are all in the same boat just doing their jobs. They cover the team differently from one another with their own styles. But they’re columnists and reporters covering the team. Some are more impartial than others
Bagheads were from the 70’s and 80’s. They resurfaced with Ditka.

Kind of standing back and looking behind all the comments and twitter, this is going from "speaking your mind" to "ranting" to someone is needing therapy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom