Saints released Michael Thomas per Duncan; Thomas & Winston are Post-June 1 cuts (2 Viewers)

The bag heads goes back to the 1-15, 1980 season under Dick Nolan. The 1-15 season followed an 8-8 season of promise. Many take issue with the original bag heads, but at the time the unknown comic was pretty popular and it was done in a fun way. The unknown comic did his comedy routine with a bag over his head. You had to be there and know the times.

I believe we also went into that season having drafted a kicker/punter in THE FIRST ROUND! He was soon relegated to just being a punter which made things more painful.
Ah yes!!! The Unknown Comic and the Gong Show. Great times!! However our ‘80 Saints team had some serious locker room issues. I remember hearing Derland Moore and Don Reese having a fist fight. If memory serves correct, it was Reese that introduced some teammates to the powder.

Ah yes!!! The Unknown Comic and the Gong Show. Great times!! However our ‘80 Saints team had some serious locker room issues. I remember hearing Derland Moore and Don Reese having a fist fight. If memory serves correct, it was Reese that introduced some teammates to the powder.
I was on and got gonged off of the gong show. Think I was 8 or 9. lol

Ok, someone mentioned Antonio Brown in this thread but I couldn’t find it.

I love MT13 and him lighting up Duncan truly warms my heart.

But… did Mike take a hit to the head when we weren’t looking? He seems to be accelerating down hill. Painkillers? Did he cryo his fingers?
Probably ADHD combined with a boatload of other disorders. He can’t accept criticism. He also thinks his crap doesn’t stink which makes it worse

I agree that Duncan is not a mouthpiece of the team. He often reports what they say, but that's a reporter's job.

But, Duncan is a hoe. :) I had issues with him before he decided to take the side of the NFL on Bounty Gate to drum up his own name recognition and he has continued to basically troll Saints fans every chance he gets. Beyond that, I don't find him particularly insightful about the game. He's really a horse racing guy trying to cover the Saints.

Beyond that, he once came here under the name "Scooter" and started posting things without revealing that he was Jeff Duncan. Just left a bad taste in my mouth.
I have always disliked Duncan. He reminds me of those guys that move from somewhere like Wisconsin and expect the culture to change to his liking when he gets down south. Instead of him adapting, others need to adapt to him. He was anti everything Saints during the Payton era and is now a mouth under DA. With that said though he is usually right about drama

Sorry I haven’t read every page yet, but he thinks the Saints are slandering him to make him less valuable? That’s how messed up this cat is in the head. The Saints would love nothing more than for every team in the league to think he is healthy, not a distraction,
Underpaid, not a mental case, etc. But unfortunately Mike makes that impossible. What do the Saints have to gain from making him look bad?

Reminds me of Rick Pitino describing the difference between coaching in the pros compared to college. If you have a disgruntled problem player, in college you bench him. In the pros, you feed him the ball and make him the focal point for a few weeks and then trade him. Mike is accusing the Saints of cutting off their nose to spite their face. Somehow, Mike saying Duncan has said things in the past that didn’t come true equals Mike being a poster boy franchise player.

Ok, someone mentioned Antonio Brown in this thread but I couldn’t find it.

I love MT13 and him lighting up Duncan truly warms my heart.

But… did Mike take a hit to the head when we weren’t looking? He seems to be accelerating down hill. Painkillers? Did he cryo his fingers?
AB told Mike “let’s talk about it on CTESPN” 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I mean except that winner Sean Payton, suspended MT for insubordination in 2020. So I'm thinking that winner has some issues with MT from time to time. https://saintswire.usatoday.com/202...l-thomas-suspended-c-j-gardner-johnson-fight/

And Dennis Allen has been with the Saints since 2015 and saw a whole lot of winning in those 8 years.

But yeah, no lies other than those small details.
Touché. 😊

Full disclosure, I don't agree with his delivery nor do I agree with his grammar. 😂

I mean except that winner Sean Payton, suspended MT for insubordination in 2020. So I'm thinking that winner has some issues with MT from time to time. https://saintswire.usatoday.com/202...l-thomas-suspended-c-j-gardner-johnson-fight/

And Dennis Allen has been with the Saints since 2015 and saw a whole lot of winning in those 8 years.

But yeah, no lies other than those small details.
While DA has been with the team since 15, he wasn’t coach until 22. So for 7 years he was never directly over MT as MT was under the leadership of Pete (or more he was under Sean). It wasn’t until the loser was promoted to head coach that MT fell directly under his leadership.

If Mike is gone in a few days (weeks) I wish him well. He never did wrong by the Saints team I respected and enjoyed watching.

While DA has been with the team since 15, he wasn’t coach until 22. So for 7 years he was never directly over MT as MT was under the leadership of Pete (or more he was under Sean). It wasn’t until the loser was promoted to head coach that MT fell directly under his leadership.

If Mike is gone in a few days (weeks) I wish him well. He never did wrong by the Saints team I respected and enjoyed watching.

I mean, DA has many issues that make him a bad head coach, but not knowing what winning looks like and never being a big part of a winning team aren't among them. Just because a soon to be former player says bad things about DA that help to justify your hatred of DA doesn't make them true. I don't much like DA, to the extent that I think he should have been let go two years ago, but that doesn't make everything MT says true.

And the real point is that the coach we all know was great and a winner, Sean Payton, did have enough issues with MT despite all the winning that he eventually suspended MT for insubordination.

And while I wish MT the best in life, he is the one who campaigned to have Derek Carr signed as the QB of this team. So I think he did do wrong by this Saints team.

The sum of all of this is MT is upset because the Saints aren't going to offer him another fat paycheck like they did last year and as a result he is going to go out flaming because that's his personality. Ask yourself, if he hated DA this much and thought he was such a loser, why did he sign a contract to play for him last year and campaign for him to sign Carr? He has been on the team and known DA for years. Seems like he would have known all he needed to know about DA when he signed laster year. I think the answer is that he only had problems with DA when he saw that the paychecks were going to stop coming.

Finally, if Winston went out like this flaming DA, I would get it. DA screwed Winston over when he lost his job due to injury after DA told him he would not. But, we all know Winston isn't going to do that because he's not that kind of guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom