Saints released Michael Thomas per Duncan; Thomas & Winston are Post-June 1 cuts (3 Viewers)

But that's exactly what the Saints did. I get that it was always meant to be a one year deal and it was a mutual option. But, whether MT or anyone else likes it or not the Saints did technically have to release him. They had no choice but to do it, but that's technically the transaction that happened.
Link?

While it’s technically a two-year extension tying Thomas to the Saints for 2023 and 2024, the deal is structured so that both sides will return to the negotiating table this time next year.

Per ESPN’s Katherine Terrell, Thomas will trigger future roster bonuses of $31.7 million, $28.7 million, and $58.6 million if he’s on the roster by a certain date next offseason — NewOrleans.Football’s Mike Triplett clarifies this as the third day of the 2024 league year, which would have been March 18 this year. That means the Saints have a deadline to circle back and either renegotiate this contract again or let Thomas go.

Appropriately marking what I perceive to be sophomoric bad-faith pedantry
Just checking. Do we still have that bet going for next years attendance? The one where I bet the % of attendance will continue to drop, and you bet that it won’t?

Just standing on business here.

Just checking. Do we still have that bet going for next years attendance? The one where I bet the % of attendance will continue to drop, and you bet that it won’t?

There's the reason for your shift in posting lately. You want the team to fail so you win a bet. You're a perfect example of a current Saints fan, one that roots for failure to be right.

There's the reason for your shift in posting lately. You want the team to fail so you win a bet. You're a perfect example of a current Saints fan, one that roots for failure to be right.
What is this “shift” in posting that you think took place? Are you talking about being disappointed in the handling of the team since Sean’s departure? If that’s what you are talking about, then yeah, there has been a shift among a lot of us life long Saints fans. Sadly we are going backwards, not forwards.

But hey, maybe DA will prove us all wrong.

Standing on other bad-faith pedantry*

The seats are gone, they’re not coming back, the concourses have been widened and the work is expected to all be done by August. Once it’s all finalized, I expect that they’ll update the actual capacity instead of continuing to use old data. For 2023, the Saints averaged 70,020 fans per game in 8 home games. Low attendance was 70,003 (week 4 vs TB, week 13 vs DET), high attendance was 70,072 (week 18 vs ATL). Your hypothesis that increased disillusionment with the team/coach/QB directly led to lower reported attendance simply doesn’t hold up - attendance increased despite the team’s late-season reduced likelihood of making the playoffs, with 70,009, 70,038, and 70,072 attending the remaining home games after tying the low mark of 70,003.

I pointed out that the actual stadium capacity just hasn’t been updated; that is much closer to accurate, as demonstrated in several news articles I previously shared with you, now borne out with a consistent number that suggests something closer to “consistently sold out” than “consistently filled only to exactly 95% capacity because the fans hate the coach but in a way that causes only a mere 5% attendance dip.” Both the 2022 season’s Superdome-only home game attendance average of 70,076 (there was a London game to factor out) and 2021’s Superdome-only home game attendance always being exactly 69,170 amidst Covid precautions (there was a “home” game played in Jacksonville to factor out) further support my claim that “attendance only dropped because the seats physically do not exist anymore, having been removed prior to the start of the 2021 season.”

You can make your donation to SR whenever’s clever for ya

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom