shockey admits to future trade?? (1 Viewer)

Shockey will be a Saint (my personal opinion)... you guys will just have to learn to like him.

edit*** I love it when folks discredit a poster's info based on the player that's involved. If this was a guy that everybody loved y'all would back the story 100%. Its too funny.

i think shockey would do well here. if we can get him for a 3rd or less, i'd take it. I wouldn't give up a 2nd though. there should still be a starting calibur defensive player available at the 10th pick in round 2.

Shockey will be a Saint (my personal opinion)... you guys will just have to learn to like him.

edit*** I love it when folks discredit a poster's info based on the player that's involved. If this was a guy that everybody loved y'all would back the story 100%. Its too funny.

I just am skeptical of anything that's unsubstantiated on the internet. If I believed everything I read on the internet, then I would believe that the gov't was behind 9/11 and George W Bush personally detonated the levees.

I just am skeptical of anything that's unsubstantiated on the internet. If I believed everything I read on the internet, then I would believe that the gov't was behind 9/11 and George W Bush personally detonated the levees.

You mean they weren't behing 9/11 and blowing the levees? :hihi:

I take just about everything I read/hear from a 3rd person with a grain of salt. None of it changes my life one way or another... I guess that's just how I deal with things.

As far as Shockey... I think coming to N.O. would be great for his image actually... he can get his hands dirty with rebuilding the city, and he'll be around a bunch of great character guys. I mean he can't be as bad as they say he is... he's from Fargo, North Dakota... no time to develop a bad attitude there... its too damm cold! :hihi:

Shockey would be a great fit here. He would probably behave better under a coach he likes and respects and Eli is not a strong enough leader for Shockey, Brees is.

I would get a B & G Shockey jersey if he ever became a Saint.

OK i skipped over the last few post and wrote this.

I am sitting on the throne this morning and the first thing that popped into my head was. MY LORD the Saints will trade the #10 pick to the Giants for shockey and the #31 pick and their 4th if their ideal player is gone.
By ideal i can only think its Dorsey, Ellis, or Mc/Martie. one of those 4. I don't think Rivers is ready to go that high on boards around the country.

Here are the links from the boards, if you're interested.

Scout.com: Dallas Forums List

I'm not buying it. Look at this from the original post:

"He ordered a double margarita & two shots of petron & asked where the owner of the place was "apperently a friend of his that he was going to sign autographs for". The owner wasn't around so he had his drinks & asked to borrow one of the waitresses cell phone "said he lost his in the bahamas where he was flying from."

So Shockey borrows a phone from a waitress in an airport to call his agent and leaves his agents direct number on her cell phone? Really? And would he really be spouting off to a gaggle of spares in an airport bar about a trade? Now I'm no fan of Shockey. In fact, my stomach turns just thinking about him in a Saints uniform, but he's not that stupid.

The posts contains all of the stereotypes that Cowboy fans have for Shockey: drunk and arrogant. I don't disagree with that, but I think the post goes out of it's way to underline it. Again, he's not that stupid to order a double margarita & two shots of petron, then sign autographs for kids.

True or not, I'm not fond of him as a person from my limited exposure to him as a guest on various programs and from what I've read about him. He is, however, a player. With a HC and a Coach he respects, he may fall in line. I've never like Randy Moss, or TO and they are both doing well in their current cities. As far as Shockey goes, he has serious talent and he plays with passion and when he's healthy, he's productive. We could and have done worse at TE.

What If?

It just occurred to me; what if the Saints intend to trade down in the first round for Shockey -- assuming they can't trade up to draft Dorsey or Ellis?

I don't think the OP is a real account, but this one seems much more realistic.
This guy met Shockey in the Bahama's and uploaded pictures with him to the Giant's myspace group. He also wrote a recap of what they talked about. While he didn't mention a trade or the Saints, he claims Shockey said
he gave me and my cousins the scoop on what he thinks of his situation with the giants. he wants to play for them but he hates the organization because they gave him about 29 drugs tests within a very short time and they sent someone to his house when his mom was there so she found out he was being tested and she freaked out and started crying. he hates tom coughlin and he wants spagnuolo to be the head coach

MySpace
If the organization did that to him, he obviously wants Coughlin out or he leaves. Seeing as Coughlin has his big money extension, the latter seems to be correct. And we are his biggest suitor.
I would love to see Shockey as a Saint. Manning was so inconsistant until this year's play offs, yet Shockey was always great.
I think some people underestimate just how much his blocking would bring to our running game, especially if Goodwin's form was not a fluke.
He also is very familiar with what Payton likes to do and has a better QB in Brees. It all depends on what we give up.

I don't think the OP is a real account, but this one seems much more realistic.
This guy met Shockey in the Bahama's and uploaded pictures with him to the Giant's myspace group. He also wrote a recap of what they talked about. While he didn't mention a trade or the Saints, he claims Shockey said

MySpace
If the organization did that to him, he obviously wants Coughlin out or he leaves. Seeing as Coughlin has his big money extension, the latter seems to be correct. And we are his biggest suitor.
I would love to see Shockey as a Saint. Manning was so inconsistant until this year's play offs, yet Shockey was always great.
I think some people underestimate just how much his blocking would bring to our running game, especially if Goodwin's form was not a fluke.
He also is very familiar with what Payton likes to do and has a better QB in Brees. It all depends on what we give up.

No matter what the story or source of the story, Shockey always comes up as an arrogant troublemaker. Today, Coughlin and Manning are the target of that mouth. Tomorrow it could be Payton and Brees. That's the kind of person he is. Anyone that believes Payton and Brees can keep Shockey under control is fooling himself. Sooner or later, that mouth will erupt, and cause trouble and embarrassment to the Saints organization. We don't need him.

No matter what the story or source of the story, Shockey always comes up as an arrogant troublemaker. Today, Coughlin and Manning are the target of that mouth. Tomorrow it could be Payton and Brees. That's the kind of person he is. Anyone that believes Payton and Brees can keep Shockey under control is fooling himself. Sooner or later, that mouth will erupt, and cause trouble and embarrassment to the Saints organization. We don't need him.

then he'll be gone. its worth a shot. if he loses his cool i would be suprised to see payton keep him on the team.

then he'll be gone. its worth a shot. if he loses his cool i would be suprised to see payton keep him on the team.

The Saints should save themselves the trouble and embarrassment by avoiding him in the first place.

Even if Payton and Brees could keep him under control, I want their energies focused on coaching and quarterbacking, not on some malcontent. If he were the best TE ever--like in skills the TE version of Jerry Rice, I would still have to question whether I wanted him if he comes with his tude.

Payton and Brees have enough to do without this distraction.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom