Shooter incident at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas - 19 children and 2 adults dead (2 Viewers)

Yeah, this makes my blood boil and I'm not even a parent. This country is broken when the kids have to live with this mentality in this warped reality...

Newly released body-camera footage from last year’s mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde shows police officers sobbing and vomiting after entering one of the classrooms and seeing the bloodied bodies of the young students.

The footage was broadcast on CNN on Sunday ahead of the one-year anniversary of the 24 May 2022 massacre. It shows the officers in the school as the sound of gunfire from law enforcement and the gunman rings out.

Police then enter the classroom, after which the footage shows a number of officers vomiting outside as some were sobbing and holding each other. The footage also showed a shaking officer trying to clean blood from his hands.

The footage broadcast by CNN was approved by the parents of the victims, as they hoped that showing the footage would spur action to prevent future shootings………

Newly released body-camera footage from last year’s mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde shows police officers sobbing and vomiting after entering one of the classrooms and seeing the bloodied bodies of the young students.

The footage was broadcast on CNN on Sunday ahead of the one-year anniversary of the 24 May 2022 massacre. It shows the officers in the school as the sound of gunfire from law enforcement and the gunman rings out.

Police then enter the classroom, after which the footage shows a number of officers vomiting outside as some were sobbing and holding each other. The footage also showed a shaking officer trying to clean blood from his hands.

The footage broadcast by CNN was approved by the parents of the victims, as they hoped that showing the footage would spur action to prevent future shootings………

Yeah, I saw some of that today. Just brutal. No words.

>>The footage broadcast by CNN was approved by the parents of the victims, as they hoped that showing the footage would spur action to prevent future shootings………

It will do nothing. I'm convinced they could show videos of the actual shootings happening with the blood and the cries and screams of terror, and it will not move some in state leadership to do anything meaningful. They're cowards.

>>The footage broadcast by CNN was approved by the parents of the victims, as they hoped that showing the footage would spur action to prevent future shootings………

It will do nothing. I'm convinced they could show videos of the actual shootings happening with the blood and the cries and screams of terror, and it will not move some in state leadership to do anything meaningful. They're cowards.

I stand by my statement that the press conference with that a-hole Abbott and the other gun nut politicians was staged. He know all along how farked up the situation was and wanted nothing to do with it.....he may be the biggest coward of them all.....

I will go a step further and say that there are some people out there who would actually get excuse the term hard #Excited

I think you are wrong. When the news shows stuff like that, it does have effect. It's unavoidable unlike a broadcast sanitized to protect our delicate sensibilities.

If there was one lesson learned from Vietnam it was, don't show the images. IDK which is more disturbing, the images themselves or the reason we don't see them anymore.

I think you are wrong. When the news shows stuff like that, it does have effect. It's unavoidable unlike a broadcast sanitized to protect our delicate sensibilities.

If there was one lesson learned from Vietnam it was, don't show the images. IDK which is more disturbing, the images themselves or the reason we don't see them anymore.
I would like to be wrong. But Texas has a few mass murders recently in El Paso, Sutherland Springs, Santa Fe High School, Uvalde and Allen. Mostly what I've seen done is thoughts and prayers. We just had an election last year where the positions that could make the most change were up for election, and the same people remained in office.

I agree that some of the images should be shown with the usual caveats of "We must warn you, the following images we are about to show you are disturbing and difficult to see. You may want to look away to avoid seeing them."

Agree. There was a similar response when national newspapers in the northeast started publishing pictures of the murders taking place in the south during the Civil Rights era, Emmett Till being the most well-known example but there were others.

The grotesque brutality of it changed opinions and motivated action.

This is so hard to digest. Almost unthinkable.

This simulation should be played for every nut job that wants to arm teachers to curb school shooting violence.
Just no, they'll somehow use this as justification for arming teachers. They'll say something like, "well, if the teachers were armed, they could have shot and killed the shooter before he killed those kids. If the cops can't do their jobs, might as well arm them."

And people who don't know any better with eat it up.

Every officer that responded needs to hang it up. I would rather face whatever administrative punishment is coming than let kids die.
Yeah. What bugged me the most was there were 6 cops right by the doors to 111 and 112 just minutes after the shooting started. Had they breached at that point, they probably could have saved several who spent the last minutes of their life bleeding out and waiting for help that didn't come for over an hour. Just a complete lack of leadership and accountability.

As much as I hate to think about it, more shootings will happen, and I can only hope the lessons learned here will be front and center with other departments when facing that scenario.

Local media (Houston Chronically) covered the story yesterday “One Year Later”, and I was as angry thinking about it yesterday as I was one year ago.

As a parent I respect each one of their responses to the situation. And I agree with @Big_L, and everyone else who thinks that those officers should take a long walk off a short pier. The response was terrible, and would be enough to turn me into The Punisher if I were a parent who’s child was murdered.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom