Spoiler Spoiler Thread: Avengers Infinity War (2 Viewers)

I was being facetious. If Thanos thought he should just double the resources we wouldn't have a movie. Also I never said double the universe, just the resources, which would make some things worse.

Well, that's up there with "why didn't Strange just close a portal around his arm to get the Gauntlet off" in terms of complaints/"plot holes" people bring up about the movie. So I have to answer it seriously, because internet forum movie discussion is serious business. :)

Well, that's up there with "why didn't Strange just close a portal around his arm to get the Gauntlet off" in terms of complaints/"plot holes" people bring up about the movie. So I have to answer it seriously, because internet forum movie discussion is serious business. :)

That's exactly right and why I was being facetious. It's really a question I'd like to ask Thanos but he's not real so that's not possible. I want to hear his reasons for why murder is better than doubling resources.

Wouldn't doubling the plant life drain the micronutrients in the soil? Overplanting and not rotating fields destroys soil and leads to areas where the land isn't suitable for planting. So doubling the "resources" would only work for a short time before actually accelerating the problem. Gotta kill 1/2 the people. It's the only reasonable way.

So, I only saw the movie once, but I have a question.

Is Thanos dead? He was hit with a mortal wound by Thor. The next scene we saw with him, he is talking to little Gamora in the soul stone, saying it cost him everything. Did he snap his fingers, then die?

JeffMiller answered you correctly already, but I do want to bring up:

What was up with the Gauntlet after he used it? It looked it was dissolving away. It looked very much distressed and as though it were starting to disintegrate before he zapped himself away from Thor.

Wouldn't doubling the plant life drain the micronutrients in the soil? Overplanting and not rotating fields destroys soil and leads to areas where the land isn't suitable for planting. So doubling the "resources" would only work for a short time before actually accelerating the problem. Gotta kill 1/2 the people. It's the only reasonable way.
Except he would be doubling all the macronutrients and the soil itself, so not really a problem.

We finally found out who wrote the script.
31504006_2020095491586190_1320545084508209152_n.jpg

JeffMiller answered you correctly already, but I do want to bring up:

What was up with the Gauntlet after he used it? It looked it was dissolving away. It looked very much distressed and as though it were starting to disintegrate before he zapped himself away from Thor.

It basically burned itself up. If you noticed Thanos' arm, it had a burnt/ashy look to it.

Just watched it again. Even better the second time. Thanos is such a good villain. He has a plan, conviction and the determination to follow through. It's his destiny.

The gauntlet was definitely damaged at the end. He basically had used it twice with all the stones, once when Thor was attacking (not sure how many stones were involved, but it was a white beam he shot) and once with the snap. And then once after the snap with the space stone to leave.

How are they going to actually find him to attempt any sort of reversal? Apparently Thanos could track the stones, though it wasn't shown how.

So this is awesome for me but there were 4 songs that could have been the intro to the Guardians in Infinity War one of which was Caught In A Dream by Alice Cooper. I would have loved that!

I thought of this and I'd like Thanos to tell me why couldn't he just double the universe's resources with the Gauntlet instead of halfing all life in the universe?

Because the movie leaves out something from the comic book. In the Comic, Thanos is in love with death (in the marvel universe death manifests itself as a beautiful woman) and whipping out half the universe is his attempt to get her attention, and she shuns him. So you can say, all these people die for one Titan's love for a woman. But since they left that little tidbit out of the movie, i'm not sure if they are going to bring it up on Avengers 4 or not.

Which one of the infinity stones gives the power to materialize things?

Reality stone gives the power to manipulate matter or convert from one thing to another. What matter are we going to convert to double the matter across the universe? And if we do such a thing how will that then change the physical/natural complexity of a Planet and solar system such as Earth, who depends on Jupiter as protection from interstellar projectiles? So is it not a much simpler solution to just reduce the # of mortals consuming a finite amount of resources than it is to screw with reality itself?

Last edited:
That's exactly right and why I was being facetious. It's really a question I'd like to ask Thanos but he's not real so that's not possible. I want to hear his reasons for why murder is better than doubling resources.
he says resources are finite - he didn't explore that any further, but at least he brought up the idea

Well, at least Thanos didn't drown everyone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom