The Chess Thread (2 Viewers)

@Bronson , good game. Once you trapped my rook, I felt like I had to scramble and keep checking you because you were one tempo from making my life miserable. So, a draw was my best shot.

@Bronson , good game. Once you trapped my rook, I felt like I had to scramble and keep checking you because you were one tempo from making my life miserable. So, a draw was my best shot.
Yea I would've perpetually checked there as well if I were you. And I didn't see any way out for me. If I moved my king to another square, you could have forked my queen by pinning the rook. I think putting my queen on h5 was a mistake. I wanted to apply pressure but if it didn't work out I knew she was going to get stuck there. It was a fun game, brother!

Yea I would've perpetually checked there as well if I were you. And I didn't see any way out for me. If I moved my king to another square, you could have forked my queen by pinning the rook. I think putting my queen on h5 was a mistake. I wanted to apply pressure but if it didn't work out I knew she was going to get stuck there. It was a fun game, brother!
Yeah, I saw the potential royal fork and knew you'd never allow it. Lol. I was even looking at trying to find a way to take the rook with the queen, then royal fork with the knight, and then have the dueling kings with the remaining pawns but you weren't going for it.

I rarely see ‘brilliant’ moves in the analysis. I made TWO in one game and still lost on a massive blunder. 😒

1638323409092.jpeg

I rarely see ‘brilliant’ moves in the analysis. I made TWO in one game and still lost on a massive blunder. 😒

1638323409092.jpeg
I actually just had my first one in the last game I played. I was so excited when I went to the analyzer and when I saw the move it graded brilliant, I was underwhelmed. It was a great find but I've had much better moves, even in that game.

I actually just had my first one in the last game I played. I was so excited when I went to the analyzer and when I saw the move it graded brilliant, I was underwhelmed. It was a great find but I've had much better moves, even in that game.

Chess.com updated their analysis/review mode last month or so. I like the review mode with the coaching, that's really cool. They also added "great move" between excellent and brilliant, so I suspect they must have made it a bit easier to get a brilliant move? That would explain why we're seeing more now.

Sorry I couldn’t even make it interesting Chuck. I knew that not swapping queens was a trap but I walked in anyway. After that I saw the myriad reasons I would never be back in that game.

Yeah, after I was able to take the knight, I had a lot of options - it's hard to take a queen swap when you're down a piece, so I can see why you wouldn't but it was probably worse.

Yeah, after I was able to take the knight, I had a lot of options - it's hard to take a queen swap when you're down a piece, so I can see why you wouldn't but it was probably worse.
Looking ahead, all those options you had meant I had zero chance to ever get on offense again. I hate resigning but there wouldn’t have been much point.

Looking ahead, all those options you had meant I had zero chance to ever get on offense again. I hate resigning but there wouldn’t have been much point.

I get it - the analysis has the score -7.9 when you resigned.

Is that Bb7 move a book move and is it basically a defensive position? I’ve seen it enough times now I need to understand it.

It’s really more of an offensive position or at least a control feature, it puts the bishop on the longest diagonal on the board - giving you a piece that can attack (or support) attack through the center. It is a feature of several systems or anything that uses a “fianchetto” setup (e.g. kings Indian).

It’s really more of an offensive position or at least a control feature, it puts the bishop on the longest diagonal on the board - giving you a piece that can attack (or support) attack through the center. It is a feature of several systems or anything that uses a “fianchetto” setup (e.g. kings Indian).
Ah ok. I’ve often seen people castle behind it which is what made me wonder if it was defensive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom