The Chess Thread (2 Viewers)

I got my mojo back - had a few fun wins lately and my puzzle score is back up to where it was before my rut. Was having a pretty even game with a 1550 from Panama and then he blundered his queen, oh man.

It's so weird how learning this game (and probably other long-term learning), you take two steps forward, one step back. Sometimes you just hit a rut and things aren't working for you, making mistakes, not seeing the board and combinations. But just when it is getting depressing, it seems that you emerge from it, often a little better than you were before.

I got my mojo back - had a few fun wins lately and my puzzle score is back up to where it was before my rut. Was having a pretty even game with a 1550 from Panama and then he blundered his queen, oh man.

It's so weird how learning this game (and probably other long-term learning), you take two steps forward, one step back. Sometimes you just hit a rut and things aren't working for you, making mistakes, not seeing the board and combinations. But just when it is getting depressing, it seems that you emerge from it, often a little better than you were before.
:(

Ive hit a hard wall. My pawn game stinks. And Falkbeer. Flock Falkbeer.

What is the best way to learn better pawn structure and advancement? If Im in a game that trades down to kings and pawns I am so screwed.

Ive hit a hard wall. My pawn game stinks. And Falkbeer. Flock Falkbeer.

What is the best way to learn better pawn structure and advancement? If Im in a game that trades down to kings and pawns I am so screwed.

I think pawn structure and how to move pawns in the endgame are two different things. I felt lost with pawn structure too, basically just watched a handful of YouTube videos and your skill grows with experience.

I still suck at pawn endgame. Chess.com has drills for this.

Notice how several players changed their flag to Ukraine?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom