The Expanse (1 Viewer)

yes, i've been reduced to watching youtubers post reaction vids to the xray scenes
suboptimal
i was trying to be vague, but probably someone somewhere will rip them and made available for download somewhere

reading around it seems most people have luck using amazon fire tv stick, or a similar amazon product. It doesn't seem to be available on the amazon app via roku, google tv, apple tv etc. My guess is it'll roll out on those later.

however, I just did a small test. using microsoft edge browser, I logged into my prime account, and played s6 e1 from the browser. then I paused it, and in the top left corner there should be the x-ray and then you can select the extras. This might be possible on other browsers but didn't try.

OK, so halfway into the second season and recommendations of the show are appreciated. Would y'all recommend the books? Or would time be better invested in the Dune books? Thanks...
A big second to Brad Mojo's yes. I have not read all of them yet, but they are excellent writing. The show stays pretty true, but as with most writings, there is more to the books than they could fit into the series.

As for Dune, read the first three books: Dune, Dune Messiah, and Children of Dune. They are excellent books, and frankly you have to read Dune Messiah to finish Dune. The first book simply isn't complete without the second.

BUT THEN STOP. There is nothing worth reading after those three. Don't keep going expecting more of the same good writing. The last three he wrote are unutterably boring. He should have stopped.

Dammit! I'm going to miss this show...

Only 1 episode left? Man, I have no idea how they can wrap everything up in just one moar episode...
I was thinking the same thing as we started the final episode, but they did it. I'll withold comment for a few days, but I'm going to miss this series. It filled a Battlestar Galactica-sized hole.

Great finale!
However, it's a little hard to believe the show really is over. I mean, the whole Cara, Xan, and Duarte thread is setting up the next main plot. Why have all that in there if you're ending the series with the demise of Inaros? It doesn't make sense to leave it in there unless you believe the show's going to continue. Even if it was something that was decided after filming, etc. had been completed, why not edit out that stuff if you're not going to follow that plot to its conclusion in following seasons?
I'm hoping either Amazon changes its mind or someone else picks up the baton and finishes filming the rest of books (and is able to land all of the cast, of course).

Great finale!
However, it's a little hard to believe the show really is over. I mean, the whole Cara, Xan, and Duarte thread is setting up the next main plot. Why have all that in there if you're ending the series with the demise of Inaros? It doesn't make sense to leave it in there unless you believe the show's going to continue. Even if it was something that was decided after filming, etc. had been completed, why not edit out that stuff if you're not going to follow that plot to its conclusion in following seasons?
I'm hoping either Amazon changes its mind or someone else picks up the baton and finishes filming the rest of books (and is able to land all of the cast, of course).
On one of the pods it seems Ty was hinting that there ‘could’ be a future something but nothing is in the pipeline
Pretty sure the ‘dogs’ story is a big time elevator pitch
And I think Filip’s escape was too - pretty sure he does in the book as well, but zero need to show his escape unless you hope to use him again

On one of the pods it seems Ty was hinting that there ‘could’ be a future something but nothing is in the pipeline
Pretty sure the ‘dogs’ story is a big time elevator pitch
And I think Filip’s escape was too - pretty sure he does in the book as well, but zero need to show his escape unless you hope to use him again
It's my understanding the show runner is hoping to circle back and finish the series at some point. I feel like they did a nice job of tying the main storyline up and leaving the unfinished things in a place that is less agonizing than some series finales.

Apple would have probably been the most seamless, but HBO is hugely preferable to Netflix

I listened to book 7 and just started book 8
Obviously a series is better but book 7 ‘could’ have been done as 2 movies

And while yes the book does jump ahead 30 years, a show could probably get away with 10-15 years
In fact there was a medium sized change in one of the last scenes of the series that leads me to believe they would only do a smaller jump ahead

For those who read the books and watched the shows, if I watched all the the shows, can I start reading with Persepolis Rising and not miss out on much?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom