The Nascar Thread (2 Viewers)

Good grief, that was one of the worst finishes I've ever seen. Nascar's inconsistency with cautions is absolutely maddening. That last lap should not have happened. What a terrible call.

I agree. It seemed like they just wanted it to be over. Besides a car being dead on the track, did they even look at if the restart was clean?

The 5 was absolutely the best car at the end though.

I agree. It seemed like they just wanted it to be over. Besides a car being dead on the track, did they even look at if the restart was clean?

The 5 was absolutely the best car at the end though.
The prior restart when Brad ran out of gas, Larson probably should have been penalized for jumping the start. Once Brad goes off, the lead car goes to Blaney.

That said, if they didn't penalize Hamlin for jumping the start at a race earlier this season, they shouldn't have here.

And they immediately threw a caution during the GWC in Nashville, so this one was wildliy different.

The silly season has gone into bananas season...wild stuff happening. And Kyle said payback was coming for Lajoie. I didn't take that to mean like completely punted from Spire. Lmao.

And rumors are flying that Deegan is heading to Haas. Herbst is still up in the air at this point.

Did you see Austin’s crew member hit him in the chest in the celebration? He was hurt.

Dude, you can’t injure your driver

Did you see Austin’s crew member hit him in the chest in the celebration? He was hurt.

Dude, you can’t injure your driver
Lol, yeah, punched him in the chest. Looked like it knocked the wind out of him.

I'm sure Joey and Denny wanted to give him a shot like that, hah.

I'm kinda torn on this one. I don't mind him getting the win, but Nascar really shouldn't reward that sort of finish. What I would do is leave the win intact, suspend him a race for right-hooking Denny and then deny the waiver so he doesn't get into the playoffs.

I do think because the system with the win and you're in format leads to outcomes like this. Some fans like this. Others passionately hate it. I like it and endings like that don't happen more often than they do.

That out the way, I enjoyed the race with the tire strategy thrown in the mix. I hope they do more mixing in of different tire compounds to force teams to make some tough strategy decisions. It was interesting seeing Suarez take the red tires early and was very competitive for most of the race and got screwed by the late caution that cost him P6.

Bubba had a strong race and now he's above the cut line after jumping both Chastain and Buescher.

Still 3 races left. I think Bubba really needs a win because one of those guys is gonna win one of the last 3.

Lol, yeah, punched him in the chest. Looked like it knocked the wind out of him.

I'm sure Joey and Denny wanted to give him a shot like that, hah.

I'm kinda torn on this one. I don't mind him getting the win, but Nascar really shouldn't reward that sort of finish. What I would do is leave the win intact, suspend him a race for right-hooking Denny and then deny the waiver so he doesn't get into the playoffs.

I do think because the system with the win and you're in format leads to outcomes like this. Some fans like this. Others passionately hate it. I like it and endings like that don't happen more often than they do.

That out the way, I enjoyed the race with the tire strategy thrown in the mix. I hope they do more mixing in of different tire compounds to force teams to make some tough strategy decisions. It was interesting seeing Suarez take the red tires early and was very competitive for most of the race and got screwed by the late caution that cost him P6.

Bubba had a strong race and now he's above the cut line after jumping both Chastain and Buescher.

Still 3 races left. I think Bubba really needs a win because one of those guys is gonna win one of the last 3.

I don’t think Nascar is going to do anything- there’s no rule against driving through somebody in turn 3 and 4 to try to win the race and I don’t think Nascar wants to get into the business of policing intent when it comes to last lap tussles to win a race.

I think the next 3 races are really good for Bubba. He’s good at all three of those tracks.

I don’t think Nascar is going to do anything- there’s no rule against driving through somebody in turn 3 and 4 to try to win the race and I don’t think Nascar wants to get into the business of policing intent when it comes to last lap tussles to win a race.
I mean, ordinarily I'd agree, but keep in mind he technically right hooked Denny when the caution came out. It could give Nascar an opening to deal with it. I don't think a lot of people would buy it though. That said, it seems like the prevailing view is he should be penalized somehow.
I think the next 3 races are really good for Bubba. He’s good at all three of those tracks.
I hope so. We'll see.

I mean, ordinarily I'd agree, but keep in mind he technically right hooked Denny when the caution came out. It could give Nascar an opening to deal with it. I don't think a lot of people would buy it though. That said, it seems like the prevailing view is he should be penalized somehow.

I hope so. We'll see.

The caution wasn't out when the 3 and 11 made contact.

If you watch the in-car from the 3, he tries to close the 22 as best as he can in the turn, but he makes the turn - he just hits the back of the 22. Even if that's intentional (which it clearly was) is that going to draw a penalty under Nascar rules?

And then, the has to get around the 22 to make the finish line, he goes under the 22 and the 11 comes along beside him. Denny is trying to get ahead of the 3 but Dillon did not turn into the 11 (watch the white lane dividers - Austin doesn't move down, he holds the line). That's just two cars trying to be in the same line for the checkered flag.

I definitely think he drove through the 22 to pass him, but I don't think Nascar is going to penalize that. As for the 11, even watching it live I didn't think the 3 did much to wreck the 11 at all.

The caution wasn't out when the 3 and 11 made contact.

If you watch the in-car from the 3, he tries to close the 22 as best as he can in the turn, but he makes the turn - he just hits the back of the 22. Even if that's intentional (which it clearly was) is that going to draw a penalty under Nascar rules?

And then, the has to get around the 22 to make the finish line, he goes under the 22 and the 11 comes along beside him. Denny is trying to get ahead of the 3 but Dillon did not turn into the 11 (watch the white lane dividers - Austin doesn't move down, he holds the line). That's just two cars trying to be in the same line for the checkered flag.

I definitely think he drove through the 22 to pass him, but I don't think Nascar is going to penalize that. As for the 11, even watching it live I didn't think the 3 did much to wreck the 11 at all.

Interesting. Hadn't seen that view. Definitely different behind the wheel. Good points.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom