The Nascar Thread (6 Viewers)

I think Cup is going to be more of what we saw yesterday. The tire situation on the repave is nutty.

I think there’s probably going to be at least five tire crashes - probably some at the front.

I think Cup is going to be more of what we saw yesterday. The tire situation on the repave is nutty.

I think there’s probably going to be at least five tire crashes - probably some at the front.
Yeah, I would suspect the front will be running the tires the hardest, so I'd think those will get chewed up the quickest. Gonna be all about balance. Go fast, but be smooth and efficient. Overdriving those corners is gonna take multiple laps off of the tires. The tires after 40 laps yesterday looked gnarly with blisters and looked like a cheese grater went to town on it. Could be a repeat of Bristol, I think it was where the tires go wrecked and the attrition was crazy.

And then magically they go 110 laps on those last tires
Yeah, I think it being so late in the day had something to do with it. Also possible they fiddled with air pressure to squeeze more laps out of the tire. If it was a 3 pm start time instead of 7, maybe we see a few more tire failures, idk.

Just worth saying, the NBC coverage and production was light years better than Fox. Fox just doesn't put much effort into producing quality Nascar race day coverage.

Just worth saying, the NBC coverage and production was light years better than Fox. Fox just doesn't put much effort into producing quality Nascar race day coverage.

I agree it was better but it was still junk - they cover so little of what's actually happening in the field. For example, Chase Briscoe started fourth, ran second, and then went a lap down - they never said a damn thing about it. There was a lot of different pit strategy going on down the stretch and they barely mentioned it.

The disparity between the TV coverage and radio coverage has only gotten worse. I wish I was able to listen to the radio broadcast during these races, but I usually watch them on some kind of DVR delay.

Radio actually tells you what's going on.

CBell inadvertently spills the beans on who is taking the 19 seat . . . Chase Briscoe

That was hilarious! I wouldn't have guessed him going to the 19 since he's currently driving for SHR. Certainly gonna be a lot of movement in the next couple of months.

Last edited:
That was hilarious! I wouldn't have guessed him going to the 19 since he's currently driving for SHR. Certainly gonna be a lot of movement in the next couple of months.

That’s why he’s going to the 19 - SHR is over after 2024

That’s why he’s going to the 19 - SHR is over after 2024
Yeah, I get that, but I thought he might follow the charter depending on where that ends up. Like with FRM or someone with Ford. I'm also hearing rumors of one of the charters going to 23XI or Trackhouse.

Yeah, I get that, but I thought he might follow the charter depending on where that ends up. Like with FRM or someone with Ford. I'm also hearing rumors of one of the charters going to 23XI or Trackhouse.

19 > any of that 😁

19 > any of that 😁
So true, lol.

And apparently, Haas is keeping a charter. Looks like Tony Stewart was the one who wanted to end the SHR team. Which I guess isn't surprising since he's all in with the NHRA now.

Haas is keeping at least 1 cup charter and I guess will sell the other 3. He should fetch a pretty penny for those charters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom