The Nascar Thread (1 Viewer)

NASCAR should suspend Stenhouse to send a message to all the other drivers not to do the same thing regardless of what race he was supposed to compete in. The intention of the punishment is to not only punish the offender but also to discourage others to commit the same foul.
I don't disagree, but Nascar has generally avoided handing out suspensions for fighting in the past. I'm not sure this would qualify.

Remember last year Chastain landed a punch on Gragson and nothing happened.

The issue with tonight's fight was the whole scrum after with the crews getting involved.

That big dude for Kyle's crew, he settled things pretty quick after the worst of it happened. Nobody wanted any part of him, lol.

So basically Nascar decided that Stenhouse gets fined because he waited an hour and a half to fight - it wasn’t a heat of battle thing. And then the crew members most involved get an 8 race suspension because we can’t have these things scale into full team brawls. And Stenhouse’s dad gets the indefinite suspension like we have seen with other non-team member fight participants in the past (because they’re not part of Nascar and there in the garage area as guests) - per rule.

I’m good with all of that. Nascar has historically not penalized drivers for fights in the heat of the moment - and I think that’s the right way to handle it. But here Stenhouse waited 198 laps. 😆

So basically Nascar decided that Stenhouse gets fined because he waited an hour and a half to fight - it wasn’t a heat of battle thing. And then the crew members most involved get an 8 race suspension because we can’t have these things scale into full team brawls. And Stenhouse’s dad gets the indefinite suspension like we have seen with other non-team member fight participants in the past (because they’re not part of Nascar and there in the garage area as guests) - per rule.

I’m good with all of that. Nascar has historically not penalized drivers for fights in the heat of the moment - and I think that’s the right way to handle it. But here Stenhouse waited 198 laps. 😆
Yeah, all of this. The crew suspensions were pretty harsh, but the one who had Kyle in aean headlock trying to choke him out really deserved it. Crew should not be able to touch the drivers like that. That big dude for Kyle's crew wasn't messing around tho.

As for Ricky's dad, this ain't his first rodeo. He should lose his hard card for the rest of the season at minimum. He's had a history of being in the middle of fights before and Nascar probably factored that in their decision.

Yeah, all of this. The crew suspensions were pretty harsh, but the one who had Kyle in aean headlock trying to choke him out really deserved it. Crew should not be able to touch the drivers like that. That big dude for Kyle's crew wasn't messing around tho.

As for Ricky's dad, this ain't his first rodeo. He should lose his hard card for the rest of the season at minimum. He's had a history of being in the middle of fights before and Nascar probably factored that in their decision.

RCR don’t play lol

Oh no doubt. Kyle responding to Ricky when he said he'd wreck Kyle next week... "I don't give a fork, I suck as bad as you!" was an all time comeback. Lmao.

Kyle is definitely going to wreck him again.

Although I do agree with Harvick on this

Big news coming today it seems - SHR is going to disband, at least in Cup.

They have four charters - I wouldn’t be surprised to see Trackhouse, RFK, and Spire pick up charters. Could this also be when JRM decides to pull the trigger? I suppose any of the two-car teams are in the mix (Legacy, FRM, RCR, 23XI, etc)

Last edited:
Big news coming today it seems - SHR is going to disband, at least in Cup.

They have four charters - I wouldn’t be surprised to see Trackhouse, RFK, and Spire pick up charters. Could this also be when JRM decides to pull the trigger? I suppose any of the two-car teams are in the mix (Legacy, FRM, RCR, 23XI, etc)

I'm hearing that Nascar may limit charters to 3 per team. HMS has 4 right (Larson, Elliott, Bowman and Byron)? Maybe they get grandfathered in if that's the case, but something to consider.

Can't say SHR is surprising considering Tony Stewart basically doesn't give a sheet about Nascar these days and Haas has their own issues to deal with. The 2025 silly season has already begun with McDowell bolting and now this. A lot of drivers gonna be moving around. I know Kyle Busch has been pretty crummy lately, but I tend to think it's more because RCR has been an absolute clown show in the last 12 months or so. Austin need to tell his dad to retire and let him run the team. If I'm Kyle, I'm looking for a way out.

I'm hearing that Nascar may limit charters to 3 per team. HMS has 4 right? Maybe they get grandfathered in if that's the case, but something to consider.

Can't say SHR is surprising considering Tony Stewart basically doesn't give a sheet about Nascar these days and Haas has their own issues to deal with. The 2025 silly season has already begun with McDowell bolting and now this. A lot of drivers gonna be moving around. I know Kyle Busch has been pretty crummy lately, but I tend to think it's more because RCR has been an absolute clown show in the last 12 months or so. Austin need to tell his dad to retire and let him run the team.

The rumor is that HMS and JGR would be grandfathered.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom