Food The Recipe Thread [tm--CajunCook] (3 Viewers)

Egg Bacon Cheese Spinach with Smoked Salmon

Preheat oven to 400 with the water bath in it to get it simmering first
4 rammekins (oven-proof)
1 large baking or broiling pan (to use for a water bath) - it needs to be large enough to hold all 4 rammekins.
8 large eggs
Egg beaters or egg substitute (enough to double the volume of the eggs)
1 bag of fresh spinach (or 1 frozen brick) - 2 bunches of Arugula works as well as a substitute
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 Tb chopped green onion
4 to 6 oz of smoked salmon
1 2/3 cup grated gruyere (or similarly sharp cheese, extra-sharp cheddar would work)
Turkey bacon (I like the Oscar Meyer brand)
Olive oil
Black pepper

1. Cook the spinach, adding the garlic towards the end. If boiling, drain the water out before adding the
garlic. If using Arugula instead, just saute with a little olive oil, then add the garlic when close to done.
2. Set spinach/garlic aside.
3. Beat the eggs, and add few turns of a pepper grinder.
4. Add the cheese, green onion, and spinach to the eggs
5. Smear some olive oil inside the rammekins
6. Line the inside of the rammekins with turkey bacon - place a small piece in the bottom (enough to coat the bottom, makes it much easier to remove when finished)
7. Use a ladle to stir the egg mixture (as the cheese settles out to the bottom)
8. Ladle the egg mixture into the rammekins, filling to about 2/3 (the eggs will rise as they cook)
9. Make a layer of salmon on top using a few slices.
10. Place the rammekins into the water bath - make sure there's enough water to come up to at least halfway up the rammekins.
11. Cook at 400 F for at least 20 minutes - check fairly frequently after 15 minutes, you need to watch for the eggs to rise as an indicator - maybe stick a knife to see if the middle is still uncooked.
12. Run a spatula around the edge and underneath to loosen, and carefully slide onto a plate.

Enjoy! Hollandaise sauce would probably make this dish worthy of Christmas brunch.

Attachments

• Egg Spinach Bacon Salmon.jpg
    Egg Spinach Bacon Salmon.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 8
Shrimp and Grits(requested by feoninfunroe):

Well, I'm not very good with measurements.

I can tell you the ingredients, but not the exact measurements

If you're cooking for 2, I would use probably a little over half of a stick of butter. Just sauté some onion in the butter for a few mins, then add you seasoned shrimp(paprika, cayenne, garlic powder,salt, and sprinkle a little flour over them) it will basically be like blackened shrimp. Cook for a couple mins on each side, then add some chopped mushrooms. After that, add some cream. You'll just have to eyeball it. I don't know how much:shrug: Pour over the grits and serve.

As for the grits, just read the direction on how to cook them on the box ,sack, or whatever you get them in. I just added extra sharp yellow cheddar, and sharp white cheddar. I used the cracker barrel Kraft brand, that comes in cracker slices. That's all that I could find. Per one serving of grits, use three of the slices (I used two white, one yellow). I don't know how much grated you would have to use, though:shrug: After that, I just put some hot sauce in them. That's it.

I used this over the weekend (twice!). Yeah,...it was good :mwink:

Thanks for sharing! :ezbill:

Hey does anyone have a good red beans and rice recipe? Have a hamhock in the fridge from dinner tonight and wanted to make some for tommorrow.
I'm sure you have already used that ham hock, but I have tried this recipe and it was delicious:
  • 1 pound dried red beans, rinsed and sorted over
  • 3 tablespoons bacon grease
  • 1/4 cup chopped tasso, or chopped ham
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions
  • 3/4 cup chopped celery
  • 3/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • Pinch cayenne
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
  • 1/2 pound smoked sausage, split in half lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 pound smoked ham hocks
  • 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
  • 10 cups chicken stock, or water
  • 4 cups cooked white rice
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions, garnish
Place the beans in a large bowl or pot and cover with water by 2 inches. Let soak for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and set aside.

In a large pot, heat the bacon grease over medium-high heat. Add the tasso and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the onions, celery and bell peppers to the grease in the pot. Season with the salt, pepper, and cayenne, and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft, about 4 minutes. Add the bay leaves, parsley, thyme, sausage, and ham hocks, and cook, stirring, to brown the sausage and ham hocks, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the beans and stock or water, stir well, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender and starting to thicken, about 2 hours. (Should the beans become too thick and dry, add more water, about 1/4 cup at a time.)

Remove from the heat and with the back of a heavy spoon, mash about 1/4 of the beans against the side of the pot. Continue to cook until the beans are tender and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and remove the bay leaves.

Serve over rice and garnish with green onions.

Yield: 8 servings
http://www .emerils.com/recipe/5657/Red-Beans-and-Rice

It's the other way around as far as I'm concerned. Okra is ok (just ok) to use if you don't have any File.

I hear ya...I was just answering the question as it was asked. I use file in many, many dishes besides gumbo. I guess it's a Creole thing...(and its reputation as a mild hallucinogenic).

I hear ya...I was just answering the question as it was asked. I use file in many, many dishes besides gumbo. I guess it's a Creole thing...(and its reputation as a mild hallucinogenic).

I think Creole-style gumbo doesn't need any file because it's supposed to already be thick; however, from my experience cajun-style gumbo goes better with File because it's a bit thinner.

I think Creole-style gumbo doesn't need any file because it's supposed to already be thick; however, from my experience cajun-style gumbo goes better with File because it's a bit thinner.

I thought it was the other way around but since you live 90 miles closer to S. La. than I do I'll take your word for it. :hihi:

Cheese sauce: by Joe OKC

Cheese Sauce -
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 to 3/4 can milk
4 or 5 oz's Velvetta Cheese.

Fix the soup and melt in the Cheese, and this is a great cheesy topping for aspragus, etc.

Raw Vegetable Dip: by feoinfunroe

My grandmother used to bring this to every family get-together. This is a "finger food" recipe that is great for someone who doesn't cook but still wants to contribute to the "feed". Serve this with carrot sticks, celery sticks, broccoli florets, cauliflower, mushrooms, etc. Don't be surprised if it's gone before kick-off of the afternoon game...

Raw Vegetable Dip:

1 cup mayonnaise

3 Tablespoons ketchup

3 teaspoons curry powder

2 teaspoons onion flakes, crushed

2 Tablespoons Worcestershire

1 Tablespoon Hot sauce

That's it! Just mix that up and achieve culinary greatness...oh, but you know, adjust to taste. I usually throw in a little garlic powder and such (I think she did, too, and just didn't bother to write that part down).

Thorin's pecan pie

1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
4 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cup pecan halves
1 unbaked pie crust

Preheat oven to 325 F. Combine syrup and sugar in a medium saucepan, heat on medium heat until sugar is fully dissolved. Combine (in a separate bowl) the eggs, butter (cut butter into small pieces in the bowl with a spoon), and vanilla. SLOWLY stir the syrup / sugar mixture into the egg / butter mixture (be careful not to cook the eggs while mixing in the hot syrup). Mix thoroughly. Pour enough into a small bowl (approx 3 tablespoons) to coat the pecans and stir the pecans until fully coated with the filling mixture. Set pecans aside. Pour remaining filling into unbaked pie crust. Place in oven on center rack. Bake for 30 minutes. Slide out oven rack to allow access to the top. Gently place the coated pecan halves evenly over the entire top of the pie. Slide back into oven, get it back up to 325 F and bake for 30 more minutes. Remove from oven, cover, and place in the refrigerator until cooled throughout. Enjoy!

Link to Oyster dressing.

http://www.wwltv.com/frankdavis/gsrecipes/maryclareoysterdressing.htm

green bean Casserole,

Ingredients:
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
4 cups cooked green beans
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cip shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 1/3 cups French fried onions

Preparation:
Mix soup, milk, cheese and pepper in a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Stir in beans and 2/3 cup of the fried onions. Bake for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. Top with the remaining 2/3 cup fried onions and bake about 5 more minutes, until onions are lightly browned.
Serves 6.

By WhoDat

My mother makes the best turkey stuffing, here's the recipe

(We're Italian, so we cook by how it looks not by measurements, so amounts are approximate)

1-1/2 lb. ground beef (or ground pork)
1 small yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
parsley
pepperoni (about 2" of a whole pepperoni or stacked slices, chopped into little pieces)
1 bag of Pepperidge Farms Herbed Stuffing Mix
about a cup to cup and a half of grated Parmasean cheese

Chop onion and garlic in a food processer. In a frying pan, pour a little olive oil saute onion and garlic, add meat. Break up the ground meat and cook thoroughly.
In a large bowl, add stuffing mix, chopped parsley, parmasean, and pepperoni. Drain most of the grease off the meat then add to bowl. Mix everything together (if the mixture is dry and won't stick together add some hot water). Stuff the turkey. After all the stuffing is placed, put a piece of white bread over the stuffing (I don't know why, it's what my mother does).

Oh, for all the newbie turkey cookers, before you can stuff a turkey, you have to empty the cavity of spare turkey parts (giblets, liver, and neck). Good luck.

Bacon Roasted Scamp with Almonds by dtradin

Scale and gut 5# scamp scale and gut and clean then rub with S&P before stuffing.
Scald almond slices in butter for a few seconds and set aside.
Season inside of scamp with your fave herbs/seasoning and then stuff with day old crawfish jambalaya.
Trim fins and tail from scamp to prevent unwanted fires and bad burned fish smell in the house then place almonds atop fish very generously and layer in Alan's applewood smoked bacon and a good amount of pepper.

Roast at medium heat until everything is nice and brown and your bacon is sizzling then top with foil to prevent surface burns and cook until fish flakes with a poke from a sharp knife.

I've varied the stuffing a dozen ways and they're all good. Andouille and crawfish can't be bad.

If anyone wants the details, PM and I'll send over the exact times and lists of ingredients we've used.

Link to Blue Cheese Green Beans
http://video.about.com/southernfood/Green-Bean-Blue-Cheese-Gratin.htm

White Chocolate and Blueberry Bread Pudding with Amaretto Cream Sauce: By <strike>KeepourSaints</strike> Dave

It is one of the best I have ever had. If you are a bread pudding fan you must try making it for yourself:

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus 2 tablespoons, melted
4 large eggs
3 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 cups 1/2-inch cubes day-old bread
6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup dried blueberries
Amaretto Cream Sauce:
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar

For the Bread Pudding: Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Butter a 10 by 14-inch baking dish with the softened butter. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in the cream, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Add the bread, chocolate, blueberries, and dried blueberries and stir well, then mix in the melted butter. Let sit for 30 minutes so the bread will absorb the egg mixture.
Pour into the prepared dish. Bake until firm when pressed in the center, about 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack until just warm, about 20 minutes.

For the Amaretto Cream Sauce: In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the Amaretto and whisk until smooth.
In a medium saucepan, scald cream over medium heat. Add the Amaretto slurry to the hot cream and whisking constantly, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook, whisking for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and add the sugar. Whisk until dissolved. Let cool to room temperature before serving with the bread pudding.
Serve warm.

The name pretty much seals the deal.

SPINACH-ARTICHOKE CASSEROLE: by feoinfunroe

1 stick butter
2 (10 oz) packages frozen chopped spinach
1 large can artichokes
1 pt sour cream
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
salt, pepper, etc.

Cook spinach as directed on box. Drain. Saute onions in butter. Mix all ingredients together and place in casserole dish. Stir Parmesan cheese into casserole and also sprinkle some on top. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

That recipe is from the Junior League of Lafayette's cookbook. It's more-or-less the one we make every year.

California Fruit Salad: by Redlands Saints

2 medium Red Delicious apples
2 medium Granny Smith apples
2 medium Bartlet pears firm
1 large Navel orange or 2 medium tangelos
1 bunch fresh mint
3-4 tablespoons ground cinnamon

slice apples and pears into thin wedges
peel and section orange or tangelo
chop a hand full of mint
throw all of this into a bowl and add the cinnamon and mix.

my mother in law has made this for the church buffet and added 1/3 cup fine chopped walnuts or pecans

SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE: by feoinfunroe

3 cups (about 4 large) Sweet Potatoes
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup butter

Topping:
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans

Boil and mash potatoes. Mix in sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Put in 13x9 baking dish.

Topping: Melt butter and mix in remaining ingredients. Sprinkle on top of potato mixture.

Bake 25 min. at 350.

Sigh... I'm looking at that recipe...it's my grandmother's handwriting...she dated it: 11-8-84. I guess she wrote it down for my sister to make that Thanksgiving...

Turkey Brine: by JoeOKC

1 can broth
1 can water
3/4 cup salt
3/4 sugar
12 peppercorns
2 garlic cloves.
3 jap peppers
a bunch of tyme
a sprig of rosemary
a fews shakes of
White pepper
red pepper
Paprika
onion powder

and a sprinkle of Ms. Billie's [Cajun Cook] cajun seasoning that she gave one time for Christmas. Just for luck

After that stew a little and cools... I will mix that with a gallon of apple juice and enough water to cover the turkey and brine over night.

BACARDI RUM CAKE by Christine Morgan (Nana) feoinfunroe

CAKE:
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 (18 1/2 oz.) pkg. yellow cake mix
1 (3 3/4 oz.) pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup Wesson oil
1/2 cup Bacardi rum

GLAZE:
1/4 lb. butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup rum

PROCEDURE:
Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour 18" tube pan or Bundt. Mix all cake ingredients. Pour batter over nuts in pan. Bake 1 hour (test). Let cool on rack & invert on plate. Prick top. Drizzle and brush glaze evenly over top and sides.

FOR GLAZE:
Melt butter in pan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 min. stirring constantly. Stir in rum.

OPTIONAL:
Decorate with sugar frosting or whipped cream. Serve with seedless green grapes dusted with powdered sugar and whole maraschino cherries.

Five Layer Bars: by JoeOKC &#8211; from Foodnetwork Magazine

1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup butterscotch morsels
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into bottom of a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle remaining ingredients of mix over crumb mixture. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the layers. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool and cut into bars.

Turkey and Dumplings from my great grama Myrtle Franzen.: by DaveinColinga

Take the turkey carcass and boil it down with finely chopped onions, celery, celery seed, and a bunch of pepper to make a nice broth. Let it cool and get all the fat off the top and strain any chunks out of it. Return it to a boil.

Then use 3/4 C sifted flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of poultry seasoning
1 egg
1/3 cup of milk

you can add 1/4 tsp of dry mustard, mom does, I dont like it so I leave it out.

Stir just til everything is moist.

Break into pieces and cook in broth til done. I make bigger ones becuase I like the larger dumplings instead of the smaller ones. Usually right at 12 min

Seafood stuffing ; By WhoDat

Quantities will vary with how much stuffing you need to make.
2-3 packs of Ritz crackers
2-4 Tbs. softened butter (not margerine)
1-3 lbs. small peeled and cleaned shrimp, cut into small pieces or baked fish
1/2 - 1 tsp. Worcestshire sauce
2-4 drops of Tabasco (to taste)

Smash Ritz crackers (easiest way is to put them in a large ziploc bag and roll them with a rolling pin, or just hit them with something). Just break them up, they don't need to be that fine. Add the shrimp, butter, Worcestshire, and hot sauce. Mix so that the crackers are moist and the mixture holds together. If it is too dry, then add just enough warm water to form the stuffing. Enjoy.

ORIGINAL KEY LIME PIE FROM KEY WEST, FLA.: by feoinfunroe

6 egg yolks, beaten slightly
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup Key lime juice
6 egg whites
4 Tbsp. sugar

Combine yolks and milk. Mix well. Add juice and blend well. Turn into 9-inch baked shell. Beat whites until stiff. Gradually add sugar. Swirl on pie and seal. Bake in 300 degree oven until meringue is pale honey colored--about 30 minutes.
Mrs. C.R. Pope, Lafayette Junior League

FAVORITE KEY LIME PIE: by feoinfunroe

3 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup key lime juice
1 teaspoon grated lime rind
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (9-inch) baked pie shell
1 cup heavy cream, whipped

Beat eggs and sugar in top of double boiler until thick and fluffy. Continue beating while gradually adding lime juice and rind. Cook over hot water, stirring constantly, until custard is thick. Let cool slightly. Add cream cheese gradually, blending until smooth. Pour into pie shell. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 6 to 8 servings. Pam Edwards, Preceptor Alpha, Columbia, South Carolina...Beta Sigma Phi Hearth to Heart cookbook

Last edited:
Just made an awesome Shimp and Corn soup last night. I took some ideas from a few things I saw online, but I changed it up a bit because neither my wife nor I like lots of veggies (onions, celery, tomatoes, etc) in our food. We like the flavor, but not the big pieces.

Ok so here is what I came up with last night and it came out really, really good.

2 lbs of peeled LA shrimp (medium)
1/2 garlic clove (chopped)
(2) 32oz half and half cartons
(2) cans of chick broth
(4) cans of unsalted sweet whole kernels (you can probably add a few more, it's hard to tell exactly how much is in there)
(1) small box of velvetta cheese
(1) regular sized bag of shredded mozzerella
(1) regular sized bag of shredded chedder
(1) stick of butter
Some Louisiana crab boil

On medium heat in a medium sized stewing pot pour the half and half, chicken broth, corn in. As the heat rises, add the velvetta cut into cubes, and the rest of the cheese., stirring to be sure the bottom doesn't receive too much heat that makes it stick.

In a sautee pan, add the garlic and stick of butter and sautee lightly. Then add the shrimp and a crab boil. (the amount of crab boil really depends on how spicy you want it... remember the shrimp are peeled so they will absorb alot of the flavor.) Keep stirring the shrimp so that they cook and so that they're nice and covered with the garlic, butter, and crab boil.

When they're cooked... dump all of the contents into the pot with the soup. Heat and stir until all of the cheese is melted, but you should be good to go shortly. Taste to see if you think it's spicy enough, if not gradually add some more crab boil.. remember it's very spicey so don't add as much as you would with Tony's or any other creole seasoning.

Enjoy. :9:

Just made an awesome Shimp and Corn soup last night. I took some ideas from a few things I saw online, but I changed it up a bit because neither my wife nor I like lots of veggies (onions, celery, tomatoes, etc) in our food. We like the flavor, but not the big pieces.

Ok so here is what I came up with last night and it came out really, really good.

2 lbs of peeled LA shrimp (medium)
1/2 garlic clove (chopped)
(2) 32oz half and half cartons
(2) cans of chick broth
(4) cans of unsalted sweet whole kernels (you can probably add a few more, it's hard to tell exactly how much is in there)
(1) small box of velvetta cheese
(1) regular sized bag of shredded mozzerella
(1) regular sized bag of shredded chedder
(1) stick of butter
Some Louisiana crab boil

On medium heat in a medium sized stewing pot pour the half and half, chicken broth, corn in. As the heat rises, add the velvetta cut into cubes, and the rest of the cheese., stirring to be sure the bottom doesn't receive too much heat that makes it stick.

In a sautee pan, add the garlic and stick of butter and sautee lightly. Then add the shrimp and a crab boil. (the amount of crab boil really depends on how spicy you want it... remember the shrimp are peeled so they will absorb alot of the flavor.) Keep stirring the shrimp so that they cook and so that they're nice and covered with the garlic, butter, and crab boil.

When they're cooked... dump all of the contents into the pot with the soup. Heat and stir until all of the cheese is melted, but you should be good to go shortly. Taste to see if you think it's spicy enough, if not gradually add some more crab boil.. remember it's very spicey so don't add as much as you would with Tony's or any other creole seasoning.

Enjoy. :9:

WOW!!! How many servings did y'all get out of that?

Anyone try to make pulled pork out of a pork sirloin roast?

Most people use the butt or shoulder roast portion. But I got a great deal on this 3lb sirloin roast. I know it doesn't contain as much fat. So I just added a little more water to the crockpot on low.

Any of you try this though? Suggestions would be appreciated.

Or a secret spice your willing to share, thanks!

Ok, here's a couple recipes that we always break out for thanksgiving and christmas and tend to be big hits at our gatherings.

Cajun Rice Dressing(I'm picky, but this rice dressing is $$$ and easy to make)

Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 1 onion chopped(optional, I like to just do 1/2 a small onion)
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 cups beef broth
- Salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning(I like tony's, but you could substitute many) to taste
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped
- 2 cups of uncooked rice(cooked) which = 6 cups of cooked rice

Make a DARK roux with the oil and flour. Set aside. Brown the ground chuck, onions, bell pepper, parsley flakes, and seasonings. Add beef broth and roux. Stir well and simmer 30 minutes. Mix rice into meat mixture and serve.

Praline Sweet Potatoes:

Ingredients:

- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans

-Butter one 2 qt. casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
-In a mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and cream. Blend well, and spread evenly in casserole dish.
-Prepare the topping by combining the butter, brown sugar, flour and pecans. Mix until crumbly, and sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
-Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.

White Chocolate and Blueberry Bread Pudding with Amaretto Cream Sauce: By KeepourSaints

It is one of the best I have ever had. If you are a bread pudding fan you must try making it for yourself:

4 large eggs
3 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
Amaretto Cream Sauce:
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar

For the Bread Pudding: Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Butter a 10 by 14-inch baking dish with the softened butter. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in the cream, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Add the bread, chocolate, blueberries, and dried blueberries and stir well, then mix in the melted butter. Let sit for 30 minutes so the bread will absorb the egg mixture.
Pour into the prepared dish. Bake until firm when pressed in the center, about 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack until just warm, about 20 minutes.

For the Amaretto Cream Sauce: In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the Amaretto and whisk until smooth.
In a medium saucepan, scald cream over medium heat. Add the Amaretto slurry to the hot cream and whisking constantly, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook, whisking for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and add the sugar. Whisk until dissolved. Let cool to room temperature before serving with the bread pudding.
Serve warm.
By KeepourSaints?:scratch:
White Chocolate and Blueberry Bread Pudding with Amaretto Cream Sauce

4 large eggs
3 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
Amaretto Cream Sauce:
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar

Serve warm.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._20528,00.html
http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showpost.php?p=335838&postcount=54

:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom