the worst you've ever been hurt (1 Viewer)

• I got stabbed in the chest with a broken Coca-Cola bottle when I was 12 - some ****** couldn't fight fair, and I didn't see it coming. Makes for a cool scar, though. :covri:
  • Torn pectoral - this hurts like you wouldn't believe. When it first happened, I thought I was having a heart attack.
  • Last year, the morning of the divisional playoff game against the Eagles (which I had tickets to, BTW), I was helping my buddy move some things out of his Katrina ravaged home. While moving a flooded AC window unit, I slipped in some unseen water, and the unit landed on my leg, breaking my fibula. ******* ouch.

Baseball bat to the jaw in 6th grade. Only got 5 stitches.

Touched my toes to my shin stepping on first base trying to beat out an infield hit. Didn't tear anything, but stretched the ligaments to hell.

If we're including general medical pain: kidney stones suck, 5FU injections to open wounds in your eye are no fun, and I still get flashbacks from the laser procedure to seal tear in my retina.

A little over 2 yrs ago on a Saturday night I got in a street fight against 3 guys - I was quite drunk at the time. They worked me over pretty good, and I was so drunk that I was laughing most of the time. End result - me getting reconstructive facial surgery. The front orbital had broken off and was reccessing into my skull. My eyeball would have sunk down if not for repairs. I now have a metal plate in my head.

At least Texas beat tOSU that night.
Hook'em!
LS

If you want bad luck look no farther than my little brother.

When he was about 5 a stray .22 bullet found its way into a pair of his socks via the drier after one of my fathers hunting trips. My brother thinks it would be cool to hammer it and see what happens. He walks in the house with a small hole in his leg and a drop of blood trickling down his shin. Mom freaked.

When he was 7 we were racing down a huge hill in Grapevine, Tx. This hill was a monster and we would get up to about 40mph. A friend had rode his skateboard to the bottom of the hill when we started racing down on our bikes. Just as we get to the bottom of the hill the friend falls off the skateboard and the board rolls right in front of my brother who hit it and went flying over the handle bars hitting his head on the concrete just in front of a Porshe that came screaming to a hault. The guy in the Porshe starts freaking because his front bumper is about a foot from my brothers head and he thought he hit him. My brother is on the ground in a full blown seizure. I'm running as fast as I think I ever did and ran inside the nearest house to call 911 without knocking. The person inside the house, the guy in the car and the friend on the skateboard are all so freaked out they don't know what to do. My brother had a serious concussion and had to spend a couple days in the hospital.

The next summer we are over at a friends house and he tries a gainer off the diving board. Result, concussion number two and a near drowning.

About a year later a bunch of us were climbing trees in the woods. He steps on a dead branch and falls 30 feet breaking his arm and getting knocked out for a few seconds. When he got up and we were walking him home through a construction between the woods and our house he steps on a board with a nail that pierced halfway through his foot.

When he was 11 my dad had a store on Sherwood Forest in Baton Rouge. We were racing to the car and he runs behind a van parked up against the sidewalk and his first step into the parking lot he gets drilled by a Honda Accord. He busted the hood up, broke the windshield before landing flat on his back. He insisted he was fine but he still got to visit the ER. When we get to the ER he is doing wheelies in his wheelchair.

13 days later we are in Biloxi riding our bikes on the sidewalks next to Eisenhower Dr. We were coming back from the mall going to the apartment and a speeding drunk driver comes flying around the corner turning into a shopping center entrance drilling my brother. This car was an old mid 80's model tank. He did no damage to the vehicle but broke his arm, got stitches across the back of his head and yet another concussion.

Fast forward through a lucky couple years. My brother had been cutting yards and pressure washing houses since he was 13. When he was old enough to drive he had saved up enough to put 50% down on a brand new Chrysler Sebring. This is my senior year in high school and a couple days before I graduated. A friend of mine was throwing a party and he lives out in the middle of nowhere. I was on the way to the party and riding in the backseat of a friends car when we come around the corner and see headlights in down in the woods with smoke pouring out. As we get closer we see a guy trying to flag us down with blood all over his face. Guess who it was. He totalled out the new car and made it out great considering. He did get yet another concussion and some more stitches in his skull. The insurance paid for the replacement value of the Sebring so he got another one.

Two months later he is driving in the rain from Jackson to Mandeville. When he gets just south of McComb he hits a big puddle on the interstate loses control and decides to the see if Sebring #2 can take out a pine tree since Sebring #1 failed. Totalled the car and avoided a concussion.

Last edited:
I must have been inbetween 5-8 years old when this happened. I was walking to Cleary playground and decided to walk on the cement parking bumper things that would be in front of the car when you park. I fell and hit my chin right on it. Had to get stitches. Don't remember the pain, but I do remember bleeding and screaming like hell. My mom heard me from over a block away and was outside waiting for me. One of my older brothers was with me at the time. 5-7 years later i was playing with a Mardi Gras foam football inside. You know the one I'm talking about, no bigger than your hand. Well I used to love acting like I'm kicking field goals inside. Well I lined up this long field goal right next to the corner edge of a huge piece of furniture. I kicked the ball as hard as I could and my little toe went right into the furniture. It took about 1-2 minutes before it started bleeding. Whenever I make a "fist" with my toes on that foot, the little toe doesn't move down, it continues pointing straight out.

Last edited:
Full Swing Dull Axe to a bare foot........ Dont know how my foot wasnt cut off, just seemed like the Axe bounced off of the bone..... I dont remember how many stitches, but it was alot...

Cracked three ribs last year.

I was lit and talking to some friends in front of my house. Had my dog (120 lb rottie) on a leash. Made the mistake of not watching him. He decided to go play with the neighbor's dog. Everybody there said I flew about 5 feet in the air. Still wish someone would have gotten it on video. Had to sleep sitting up for a couple of weeks. That's the second time I've cracked them.

I've broken most of my toes and fingers and even a collar bone. But the ribs are always the hardest to get over.

I also almost died on the Cleary Bridge. I was riding my bike on the part you can walk on. I always go against traffic. I was at the very top middle of the bridge and the handle bar on the left hit the rail, scraping my leg and pushing me towards oncoming traffic. I straddled the very edge of the walkway. If I moved a centimeter to the right I would have fell onto the bridge into oncoming traffic doing at least 30-40 mph. I went straight for a couple of seconds and slowly moved to the left and stopped. That was freaky.

probably the worst pain ive ever been in is when I slipped my L5 disc in my back and tore 2 muscles in my back. I was lifting a crate of crabs and I didnt feel it right away but about thirty minutes later every motion was excrutiating. I couldnt even move when I was laying down, I would have intense muscle spasms that bowed my back and left me gasping for breath.

The only other thing I recall was playing catcher in a street baseball game when the batter cracked me in the back of the head, I dont remember what happened after as I blacked out. When I woke up at the hospital I got ten stitches and wasnt allowed to sleep because of the concussion. I dont remember being in much pain, just very very confused

Oh, almost forgot - when I was 8, played Superfriends with my buddies - I jumped off the porch and landed in the grass on my hands.... well, my right hand landed on a thick, sharp piece of a broken beer bottle. This piece of glass entered through my palm and came out on the other side of my hand. Fortunately, no arteries or veins severed - 18 stitches on both sides, 36 in all. Again, ******* ouch!

If you want bad luck look no farther than my little brother.

When he was about 5 a stray .22 bullet found its way into a pair of his socks via the drier after one of my fathers hunting trips. My brother thinks it would be cool to hammer it and see what happens. He walks in the house with a small hole in his leg and a drop of blood trickling down his shin. Mom freaked.

When he was 7 we were racing down a huge hill in Grapevine, Tx. This hill was a monster and we would get up to about 40mph. A friend had rode his skateboard to the bottom of the hill when we started racing down on our bikes. Just as we get to the bottom of the hill the friend falls off the skateboard and the board rolls right in front of my brother who hit it and went flying over the handle bars hitting his head on the concrete just in front of a Porshe that came screaming to a hault. The guy in the Porshe starts freaking because his front bumper is about a foot from my brothers head and he thought he hit him. My brother is on the ground in a full blown seizure. I'm running as fast as I think I ever did and ran inside the nearest house to call 911 without knocking. The person inside the house, the guy in the car and the friend on the skateboard are all so freaked out they don't know what to do. My brother had a serious concussion and had to spend a couple days in the hospital.

The next summer we are over at a friends house and he tries a gainer off the diving board. Result, concussion number two and a near drowning.

About a year later a bunch of us were climbing trees in the woods. He steps on a dead branch and falls 30 feet breaking his arm and getting knocked out for a few seconds. When he got up and we were walking him home through a construction between the woods and our house he steps on a board with a nail that pierced halfway through his foot.

When he was 11 my dad had a store on Sherwood Forest in Baton Rouge. We were racing to the car and he runs behind a van parked up against the sidewalk and his first step into the parking lot he gets drilled by a Honda Accord. He busted the hood up, broke the windshield before landing flat on his back. He insisted he was fine but he still got to visit the ER. When we get to the ER he is doing wheelies in his wheelchair.

13 days later we are in Biloxi riding our bikes on the sidewalks next to Eisenhower Dr. We were coming back from the mall going to the apartment and a speeding drunk driver comes flying around the corner turning into a shopping center entrance drilling my brother. This car was an old mid 80's model tank. He did no damage to the vehicle but broke his arm, got stitches across the back of his head and yet another concussion.

Fast forward through a lucky couple years. My brother had been cutting yards and pressure washing houses since he was 13. When he was old enough to drive he had saved up enough to put 50% down on a brand new Chrysler Sebring. This is my senior year in high school and a couple days before I graduated. A friend of mine was throwing a party and he lives out in the middle of nowhere. I was on the way to the party and riding in the backseat of a friends car when we come around the corner and see headlights in down in the woods with smoke pouring out. As we get closer we see a guy trying to flag us down with blood all over his face. Guess who it was. He totalled out the new car and made it out great considering. He did get yet another concussion and some more stitches in his skull. The insurance paid for the replacement value of the Sebring so he got another one.

Two months later he is driving in the rain from Jackson to Mandeville. When he gets just south of McComb he hits a big puddle on the interstate loses control and decides to the see if Sebring #2 can take out a pine tree since Sebring #1 failed. Totalled the car and avoided a concussion.

:covri:

Perhaps he should be put in a padded room for the rest of the his life.

Mary Ellen Moffit broke my heart.</pre>

Pepper spray right across my eye lids

It lasted a good 30-45 minutes and reactivated that night in the shower

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom