Titanic submersible es morte (3 Viewers)

And yes this is about the worst thing I could think about happening.

As someone who has used SBA at work, your air doesn’t last half as long if you are breathing hard from stresses. You have to practice to slow your breathing to save air. If their air is calculated at 40 hours left you can bet by now they have burned half of that from the sheer panic and uncontrolled emotions going on.

It may be time for thoughts and prayers. It may be their only hope.

And yes this is about the worst thing I could think about happening.

As someone who has used SBA at work, your air doesn’t last half as long if you are breathing hard from stresses. You have to practice to slow your breathing to save air. If their air is calculated at 40 hours left you can bet by now they have burned half of that from the sheer panic and uncontrolled emotions going on.

It may be time for thoughts and prayers. It may be their only hope.
When the useable oxygen is gone, they will simply pass out. It's somewhat similar to what happens at altitude when there is loss of cabin pressure and everyone goes to sleep; i.e. the recent jet crash in Virginia where the pilot was seen slumped over in the cabin. That's the only 'mercy' that can come from this scenario. The worse part will have been the realization of their situation while here was still plenty of breathable air still in the crew compartment. That was a mind game for all of those poor souls that is hard for any of us to contemplate.

Doesn't EMS sometimes charge the person? You got a billionaire down there, maybe they expect him to foot the bill...

EMS always charges the person.

We often hear of people getting med-evac'd by helicopter from skiing accidents or getting lost on a hike. Those typically run about $30K or more, and often they aren't covered by insurance. A typical local ambulance run is about $500.

But those are private operations, it's different when the government is involved. I think most police/fire type operations have legal ability to seek some kind of payment but the grounds to so are really limited - not rescues based on accidents or ordinary negligence. That's just part of the taxpayer-funded service.

Of course, none of that is applicable here. But I don't think the rescuers are expecting any type of payment. Though if they were successful and did submit a request to recoup expenses, I suspect it would be happily paid. Not the governments (navies) though, I'm just talking about the few private orgs that are helping right now.

Doesn't EMS sometimes charge the person? You got a billionaire down there, maybe they expect him to foot the bill...
I mean, food for thought. But legally, this is so different. Isn't it, @superchuck500?

ETA: Oops, @superchuck already chimed in.

So, if they are still in the depths, and off the continental shelf, which is what the last known position would show them... if they dropped to the approx 12,500 ft depth of the Titanic... the likely hood of being found, let alone rescued is almost 0%.

The problem is that our US navy has a 'published' max depth of ~1500ft. There are other scientific/observational craft that can obviously get to that depth, but I don't know if any would have actuating arms. I'm just trying to imagine the hydraulics needed, and not get crushed. The internal pressure to maintain that would be crazy high.

this is why more folks have been in space than the depths. The pressure differential isn't as high in space.

EMS always charges the person.

We often hear of people getting med-evac'd by helicopter from skiing accidents or getting lost on a hike. Those typically run about $30K or more, and often they aren't covered by insurance. A typical local ambulance run is about $500.

But those are private operations, it's different when the government is involved. I think most police/fire type operations have legal ability to seek some kind of payment but the grounds to so are really limited - not rescues based on accidents or ordinary negligence. That's just part of the taxpayer-funded service.

Of course, none of that is applicable here. But I don't think the rescuers are expecting any type of payment. Though if they were successful and did submit a request to recoup expenses, I suspect it would be happily paid. Not the governments (navies) though, I'm just talking about the few private orgs that are helping right now.
It was more tongue in cheek. but appreciate the insight.

Do they literally try to polarize everything?

"I'm hearing disturbing reports....IF TRUE..."

Who? When? How blocking? I'm so tired of this BS. Start naming who telling you this and how are.

Aaand they quoting the Mirror. Holy crap.
Yeah, it sounds like total bull squeeze. The US coast guard is preventing a British company from leaving Canada. Riiiiight.

What an irresponsible tweet by Rep. Crenshaw. Where is this rescue submersible stationed and how many days will it take to get on location? Where exactly is the location? Cheap political points

Who? When? How blocking? I'm so tired of this BS. Start naming who telling you this and how are.

I just saw it on twitter man. Not really sure what the Mirror is.

I just saw it on twitter man. Not really sure what the Mirror is.

Google it.

National Enquirer-esque UK publication

It's garbage. Absolute garbage. Know how many others like you have no idea about The Mirror and just assume Crenshaw is quoting viable source?

So irresponsible and purely politically motivated.

Google it.

National Enquirer-esque UK publication

It's garbage. Absolute garbage. Know how many others like you have no idea about The Mirror and just assume Crenshaw is quoting viable source?

So irresponsible and purely politically motivated.
Yikes. I deleted the tweets. I literally just searched for the sun res and saw it and shared. I do my best to keep politics off of my timeline but it’s literally a daily chore of blocking.

Dan Crenshaw is a piece of…work

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom