Ukraine (37 Viewers)

Wasn't there a video not long ago about a guy with two prosthetics retraining to go back to the frontline? Almost positive that was a Ukrainian. He was moving thru an obstacle course pretty well if I remember right.
Yeah, I don't remember where I saw it, but I think someone here posted it.

And tbh, I'm really not seeing or feeling the bad look here. Who would think it's a bad look? I would think most Ukrainians would honor him for what he did. I'm not in their shoes, so I can't say that with certainty tho.
Not for supporters of Ukraine, but for their doubters

The line would be "Yeah they can't find enough volunteers and people dodge the draft so they have to send amputees out there"

That said, apparently in the US military there have been amputees who have returned to active duty, even combat deployments, so I guess you can counter with that.

I wonder if this is in response to the West announcing the contemplation of placing engineers ( repair shops etc ) inside Ukraine for western mechanized armor?

regardless, North Korea has been posturing for a fight for many decades now, with no real combat. I suppose sending an engineering platoon/unit, with the inherent language barrier, wont yield that much result.

Now, if you start seeing North Korean casualties from the frontlines, thats when things will get interesting

I wonder if this is in response to the West announcing the contemplation of placing engineers ( repair shops etc ) inside Ukraine for western mechanized armor?

regardless, North Korea has been posturing for a fight for many decades now, with no real combat. I suppose sending an engineering platoon/unit, with the inherent language barrier, wont yield that much result.

Now, if you start seeing North Korean casualties from the frontlines, thats when things will get interesting
North Korean casualties on the front? Wait until those NK "engineers" get blown up in their barracks miles behind the front. I put engineers in quotes because because I'm not sure what they would be working on. Does Russia have a lot of NK weapons systems deployed in Ukraine? Not sure I've heard of anything besides ammo coming from NK. And who in their right mind would use a NK tank?!

North Korean casualties on the front? Wait until those NK "engineers" get blown up in their barracks miles behind the front. I put engineers in quotes because because I'm not sure what they would be working on. Does Russia have a lot of NK weapons systems deployed in Ukraine? Not sure I've heard of anything besides ammo coming from NK. And who in their right mind would use a NK tank?!

its all russian equipment anyhow. ( NK always got their hardware from Russia )

I just think its a bad look. I know it was all volunteer but they should have told him no. Perhaps he did serve just as well if not better than someone who wasn't an amputee - kinda like Oscar Pistorius being in the Olympics, but again the optics of it don't make sense for me.

You know what he should have done was been a recruiter. He might have been able to guilt trip some of these evaders into joining.
Ableist

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom