Ukraine (6 Viewers)

I'm not sure what the distinction is between "volunteer brigade" and UAF ... are you referring to the TDF? I thought they were under the purview of the UAF.

Regardless of how he got there, I'd seriously question whoever accepted him back into front line service
You appear to have a textbook view on this, which ignores practically. People with missing parts are people, and are useful, and still need to be used.

The tradition for this goes back to and beyond Captain Hook and peg leg Sam.

You appear to have a textbook view on this, which ignores practically. People with missing parts are people, and are useful, and still need to be used.

The tradition for this goes back to and beyond Captain Hook and peg leg Sam.
Like I said before, its not his capability that I questioned - if a double amputee can compete in the Olympics and be competitive, thats pretty strong evidence that prosthetics are pretty darn good nowadays. It was the optics and how it can be spun by opponents of Ukraine.

If Ukraine wasn't having recruitment problems, this would be a different story.

I just think its a bad look. I know it was all volunteer but they should have told him no. Perhaps he did serve just as well if not better than someone who wasn't an amputee - kinda like Oscar Pistorius being in the Olympics, but again the optics of it don't make sense for me.

You know what he should have done was been a recruiter. He might have been able to guilt trip some of these evaders into joining.
I've got an inkling that you have read, BILL the Galactic Hero. This is link to a preview which allows one to read the first few pages. It is in those first pages where I got my inkling that you may have seen this. Or something very similar.

The ending of the book has Bill becoming a recruiter, recreating a scene which was like where it all began.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom