Ukraine (18 Viewers)

This is interesting, a song which appears to be translatable in either Russian or Ukrainian.

Даруйте радощі мої

In Ukrainian it translates as grant my joys. In Russian it translates as grant my joy.

The lyrics are a similar match, it's like the song writer chose only to use words which would work with either language.

The lyrics Russian to English:

Grant my joys and my troubles - my misfortunes and my joys - spring streams.
The sky has brightened up, it’s already boiling, the sky has brightened - it’s already boiling.
Blessed is he who has not learned to live; blessed is he who knows how to love.
Oh, punishment to the earth, okri gri, take me, take me, thank you, so that the sun is boiling in the mountains - acne!
Thank you that the grass is growing and that the soul is alive and that the head is white, and the grass swells.
Thank you, if you are here, and you are here, and you can stretch out your hand - and the edge, and the play, and thee.
And your gold is on my mouth, on my sand, on my hands, on my lips, and on my eyelid.
Stay young forever, stay young, in the holy summer you yourself become a saint.
And high - but the eyes are like water, high - like living water - even if grief is not a problem, and grief is not a problem.

The same lyrics Ukrainian to English:

Give my joys and my troubles - my misfortunes and joys - spring streams
The clear sky is boiling, clear - it boils.
Blessed is he who has not learned to live; blessed is he who knows and loves.
Oh, the punishment of the earth, the edge of the game, take me take me, thank you for boiling above, the sun is up!
Thank you for the grass growing and that the soul is alive and that the head turns white, and the grass is growing. Thank you when you are you, that you are you and you, that it is enough to reach out - and edge, and play, and you.
And your golden oak - on the road, ya sand, and on the hands and on the lips, and at my age.
Stay always young, stay young in the holy warmth of the water, you yourself become a saint.
And my eyes are like water, let - like living water - but grief is not a problem, and sorrow is not a problem.

Here she is performing it:

Goodness, she's got a movie star presence, she resembles both Tatyana and Olga Arntgolts, twin sisters who are well known in both Russia and Ukraine.

Here's Tatyana playing the role of a night swallow, otherwise known as a night witch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom