Ukraine (24 Viewers)

I'm not sure the same mentality exists in the Russian psyche now.

I also think it only really applied when there was an existential threat to Russia, and as much as Putin tries to spin it Ukraine probably does not present an existential threat to Russia in the mind of most Russians.

Historically the Russians have performed poorly in elective wars like this. (Crimean War, Russo-Japanese war, Winter War, I would argue WW1 to some extent, although they were protecting Serbia, the Tannenberg offensive was a total disaster )

It seems like those Russians who actually support the war are chickenhawks, I don't see them rushing to Russian Army recruitment centers.
I think the majority of their motivation was provided by the Morale Officer carrying the Tokarev, as well.

For it to burn like that, I can only assume that it was either an ammo depot or fuel storage.

I've seen many reports on YT that Ukraine's been firing incendiary artillery rounds. These rounds are somewhat outdated due to the rise of reactive armor, but work well in these types of scenarios. Ukraine's most likely been given loads of these as we don't plan to use them in the future.

Last edited:
I've seen many reports on YT that Ukraine has been firing incendiary artillery rounds. These rounds are somewhat outdated due to the rise of reactive armor, but work well in these types of scenarios. Ukraine's most likely has been given loads of these as we don't plan to use them in the future.
I learned something new today.

Take a close look at this. I saw this Tweet three times today before the impact of what I was seeing sunk in. These are CCCP (Soviet) passports, not Russian Federation passports.

This also fits in with the rhetoric that I've been reading about in the last several days with the reports coming from Russia that Ukraine is just the starting place not the ending place. That other old Soviet block nations are going to be invaded next.

I think it's time to confront the notion that the Soviet Union has come back.

:(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom