Waiver Priority based on current league standings (potential OBJ waiver) (1 Viewer)

Interestingly enough as I play it through my mind it's not that big of a pipe dream to land him via him clearing waivers.

1) His injury history is muddy at this point in his career
2)He comes with a price tag
3)He comes with a history of being a distraction, this will be 2nd place he's flamed out
4)He hasn't been productive
5(Teams may question his mental state

It's quite possible that the uglier and messier this gets the better the chance teams will turn up their nose at him. McDonalds Circa 1994...hey...it could happen.
If 1 thru 5 is true (and I have no doubt it is)... why would we want him?

I think it is going to be KC.

Mahomes all of a sudden needs help because he's now become a mediocre quarterback.

Based on the low cost, I think his agent would have to think that most teams are potential claimants. Is he going just start calling all of the ones OBJ doesn't want to play for? I think it's a pretty silly idea.
Even if he did, all he can do is give an indication whether he'd play for them. But they can't negotiate anything until after he's claimed, or has become a FA.

Saints are the likeliest destination simply because they have the capacity to give him the 10+ targets a game that he wants.

we have no chance. He will likely end up on a team that is already a juggernaut.

Cleveland released him this morning

That article jumped the gun. It's not posted anywhere that the release has been finalized. I don't think it's actually happened yet. Usually there will be a confirmation that the transaction has completed, but I think I'm not seeing it. I want to know when it's officially official, lol. With the Browns, you never know until is done.

we have no chance. He will likely end up on a team that is already a juggernaut.

Most of those teams follow us in waiver order and it would be somewhat surprising to me if the Saints don’t put in a claim after reportedly trying to trade for him.

But I think there are any number of teams that might go for him ahead of us. The restructure should entice some teams who recognize that even if it’s not a longterm relationship, he represents value.

He’s either a star-talent WR roster addition, or an asset to flip in the off-season, at a significantly reduced salary obligation for the remainder of 2021, assuming the accuracy of reports.

6B19C374-9995-4B2E-9426-CFE5E998CCCD.jpeg

Potential Saints salary cap moves to make room: Restructuring Nick Vannett’s and James Hurst’s remaining 2021 salaries + releasing Jeff Heath, Montravius Adams, Jalyn Holmes, & Lil’jordan Humphrey

Updated waiver priority based on current league standings (CBS Sports)
1: Lions - (0-8) (rebuilding)
2: Dolphins - (1-7) (might pair OBJ with Tua or Watson next year but might not like OBJ’s contract)
3: Texans - (1-7) (rebuilding)
4: Jaguars - 4th (1-6) (rebuilding)
5: Jets - (2-6) (rebuilding)
6: Giants - (2-6) (deep WR corps / traded OBJ)
7: WFT - (2-6) (rebuilding)
8: Eagles - (3-5) (needs a WR2 but not contending)
9: Seahawks - (3-5) (Metcalf & Lockett)

10: Bears - (3-5) (rebuilding / Robinson and Mooney are both underused)
11: Falcons - (3-4) (needs a WR but traded Julio’s big contract)
12: 49ers - (3-4) (need a #2 WR but OBJ’s contract may be too pricey for a WR2 in 49ers offense)
13: Vikings - (3-4) (Jefferson & Thielen)
14: Colts - (4-5) (could upgrade WR2)
15: Patriots - (4-4) (could upgrade WR2 but the criticism from missing reads to OBJ could hinder Mac Jones’ development like Mayfield)
16: Broncos - (4-4) (Sutton, Jeudy, Patrick)
18: Chiefs - (4-4) (could upgrade WR2 but no cap room at all)
19: Panthers - (4-4) (DJ Moore & Robbie Anderson)

20: Chargers - (4-3) (Keenan Allen & Mike Williams)
21: Steelers - (4-3) (Claypool, D. Johnson, J. Wash)
22: Bengals - (5-3) (Chase, Boyd, Higgins)
23: SAINTS - (5-2)
24: Buccaneers - (6-2)
25: Bills - (5-2)
26: Raiders - (5-2)
27: Cowboys - (6-1)
28: Packers - (7-1)
29: Ravens - (5-2)
30: Rams - (7-1)
31: Titans - (6-2)
32: Cardinals - (7-1)
Dang…we’re #23 on the list. It would be a miracle if we got him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom