Young couple goes on van tour of US, boy comes back with van - no girl (1 Viewer)

Ok, forgive me if I missed it, but have there been ANY actual confirmed sightings of Brian in Florida, by anyone but his parents? How do we actually know he came back to Florida in the van? Did I miss that anywhere that he was actually seen in Florida???

Police have used phrasing that indicates they believe it is factual that he returned to Florida in the van. We know that the van is there.

For the van to have returned by some other person introduces an accomplice/accessory that joined in Wyoming or somewhere in between - and that hasn't matched any story to date. But it isn't clear from what I can tell exactly why police believe he was in Florida (e.g. if it's based purely on the family's story or if there was independent confirmation/sighting).

I just don't think Brian is clever enough to successfully flee the country. It is a lot harder than it used to be to not leave any digital footprints. And for the whole "boat to Cuba" thing you would have to already have a lot in place in advance. If you don't already own a boat in south Florida and have friends waiting for you in Cuba, it would be most difficult to buy/rent one without being witnessed, especially now with the media attention. He's just not that smart. Most likely hiding in the woods somewhere.

ETA: Eric Rudolph hid out for 6 years, but he was a pro survivalist and had all the time in the world to pre-arrange shelters and backup shelters long before anyone knew he was a suspect.

Last edited:
I just don't think Brian is clever enough to successfully flee the country. It is a lot harder than it used to be to not leave any digital footprints. And for the whole "boat to Cuba" thing you would have to already have a lot in place in advance. If you don't already own a boat in south Florida and have friends waiting for you in Cuba, it would be most difficult to buy/rent one without being witnessed, especially now with the media attention. He's just not that smart. Most likely hiding in the woods somewhere.
How hard is it to steal a boat if you don't plan on ever coming back?
How long would it be before a stolen boat was noticed?

How hard is it to steal a boat if you don't plan on ever coming back?
How long would it be before a stolen boat was noticed?
I don't think there's a single answer for those questions - it's all situational. Seems to me that a boat at a dock or in a marina is likely subject to some kind of surveillance camera and would require keys or some sort or a highly technical knowledge of how to start a boat without keys.

A smaller boat with a manual start would likely be trailered somewhere and not simply sitting in the water ready to steal. So it would need to be put in, without being observed in the act of theft.

And then what? Drive a stolen, unknown boat to Cuba? I'm sure it's do-able weather permitting but that's not like hopping in a car and driving and I don't know of any evidence of him having significant maritime experience. Then, of course, what does he do in Cuba? I don't know but he would seem pretty conspicuous arriving in Cuba.

Another supposed encounter/sighting on Friday August 27 1pm...should be pretty easy to corrobarate with restaurant cams if it was actually them and if the incident did occur..

NSFW...she does drop some F bombs...not sure what the posting rules are for this, so if I need to delete let me know

I don't think there's a single answer for those questions - it's all situational. Seems to me that a boat at a dock or in a marina is likely subject to some kind of surveillance camera and would require keys or some sort or a highly technical knowledge of how to start a boat without keys.

A smaller boat with a manual start would likely be trailered somewhere and not simply sitting in the water ready to steal. So it would need to be put in, without being observed in the act of theft.

And then what? Drive a stolen, unknown boat to Cuba? I'm sure it's do-able weather permitting but that's not like hopping in a car and driving and I don't know of any evidence of him having significant maritime experience. Then, of course, what does he do in Cuba? I don't know but he would seem pretty conspicuous arriving in Cuba.

Yeah that's what I meant.

Another supposed encounter/sighting on Friday August 27 1pm...should be pretty easy to corrobarate with restaurant cams if it was actually them and if the incident did occur..

NSFW...she does drop some F bombs...not sure what the posting rules are for this, so if I need to delete let me know

My wife (and I think others here) think that she was basically trying to finally break up with him. And of course, he couldn't handle that and took sort of the "If I can't have you no one can" approach.

But this sort of account (her being so sad and him being angry) match up with that sort of scenario. If it's what actually happened.

Yeah that's what I meant.
Given his skill set as an outdoorman, it would probably make more sense for him to disappear into a forest. If he can stay there for 6-12 months, most folks will forget what he looks like.

Authorities will probably be keeping an eye out on the homeless camps in parks for him where eventually he'll pop up is my guess.

Given his skill set as an outdoorman, it would probably make more sense for him to disappear into a forest. If he can stay there for 6-12 months, most folks will forget what he looks like.

Authorities will probably be keeping an eye out on the homeless camps in parks for him where eventually he'll pop up is my guess.

or simply send up aircraft with IR cameras and dont wait for him to "pop up"

Im sure they are thinking abotu "resources" but at this point, all eyes are on LE and just how soon they get their guy.

I'm a little surprised someone saw her alive on August 27th, but it may be the last time she was alive. I was theorizing she was killed the night of August 26th, but it could have been August 27th in the afternoon. I think the video of the van on the side of the road was 6pm on August 27th. He was then picked up hitchhiking on August 29th.

Dive teams are now on the scene at the Carlton Reserve along with cadaver dogs and plenty of other search resources. It'll be interesting to see what they find.

My wife (and I think others here) think that she was basically trying to finally break up with him. And of course, he couldn't handle that and took sort of the "If I can't have you no one can" approach.

But this sort of account (her being so sad and him being angry) match up with that sort of scenario. If it's what actually happened.
Makes sense. She breaks up with him and maybe even tells him he (since it was her van, right?) that he needs to take his stuff and go. Things escalate, and in the heat of passion either accidentally or intentionally she ends up dead. He takes off on foot, then decides, fork it, she can't use the van anymore, hitchhikes back to the van and drives home. Sad.

So currently, dive teams and dogs are in the nature reserve. Think they find his body or evidence, like the murder weapon?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom