Young couple goes on van tour of US, boy comes back with van - no girl (4 Viewers)

I don't think there's a single answer for those questions - it's all situational. Seems to me that a boat at a dock or in a marina is likely subject to some kind of surveillance camera and would require keys or some sort or a highly technical knowledge of how to start a boat without keys.

A smaller boat with a manual start would likely be trailered somewhere and not simply sitting in the water ready to steal. So it would need to be put in, without being observed in the act of theft.

And then what? Drive a stolen, unknown boat to Cuba? I'm sure it's do-able weather permitting but that's not like hopping in a car and driving and I don't know of any evidence of him having significant maritime experience. Then, of course, what does he do in Cuba? I don't know but he would seem pretty conspicuous arriving in Cuba.
Surveillance cameras are easily defeated. Depending on the type of cameras it can be as easy cutting a cord with scissors then stealing the hard drive. If it is cloud based then you just hack into the system and delete the files too. If the camera system is monitoed on a network you just hack into the network then create a loop feedback of old video while the heist takes place. Sure, there are more complex systems out there but they too can be defeated using EMP's or infrared bursts,

For the smaller boat, it's quite easy to put in the water. There are typically three ways to do this. Simply steal a truck using either a flat head screwdriver, hotwiring the vehicle or if those fail simply use the keys that are resting above the visor. From that point just back the boat in and go.

Once you are in the boat, you just have to change your looks with something as easy as a hair cut or growing a beard. The most important part though is putting on a pair of Costas and wearing a Tommy Bahama shirt. At this point nobody recognizes you at any of your stops on the way to a tropical paradise. It also helps if you have Jimmy Buffet or reggae playing.

Surveillance cameras are easily defeated. Depending on the type of cameras it can be as easy cutting a cord with scissors then stealing the hard drive. If it is cloud based then you just hack into the system and delete the files too. If the camera system is monitoed on a network you just hack into the network then create a loop feedback of old video while the heist takes place. Sure, there are more complex systems out there but they too can be defeated using EMP's or infrared bursts,
how soon we forget

1632334028140.png

As far as the way the cops handled the Aug. 12 stop -- since everyone wants to just blame those cops for what happened later -- it's VERY possible that they saved her from being murdered THEN by separating them for the night. A "mandatory" arresting policy would have resulted in Gabby being arrested that day based on how their side-of-the-road investigation was shaping up, not Brian.

But if that 9-1-1 call had not happened, if those cops never made that stop interrupting whatever crisis was happening between that couple, it's VERY possible that things would have continued to escalate on THAT day as apparently they did 2 weeks later.

As far as the way the cops handled the Aug. 12 stop -- since everyone wants to just blame those cops for what happened later -- it's VERY possible that they saved her from being murdered THEN by separating them for the night. A "mandatory" arresting policy would have resulted in Gabby being arrested that day based on how their side-of-the-road investigation was shaping up, not Brian.

But if that 9-1-1 call had not happened, if those cops never made that stop interrupting whatever crisis was happening between that couple, it's VERY possible that things would have continued to escalate on THAT day as apparently they did 2 weeks later.
I don't have the sources handy, but the dispatcher never told the cops that it was reported in the 9-1-1 call that he was hitting her. When they arrived and talked to both parties, the story was they she scratched him.

Also, one of the cops took her aside before letting them go and advised her to get out of this toxic relationship.

I really don't know more what they could have done given the circumstances.

I don't have the sources handy, but the dispatcher never told the cops that it was reported in the 9-1-1 call that he was hitting her. When they arrived and talked to both parties, the story was they she scratched him.

Also, one of the cops took her aside before letting them go and advised her to get out of this toxic relationship.

I really don't know more what they could have done given the circumstances.
Exactly. I mean, they sort of DID hold a side-of-the-road therapy session that I didn't appreciate the first time I saw the body cam footage. And the cop that transported Brian to the hotel said something along the lines of this not being anything close to their usual traffic stop.

Small world sometimes...

Angelo, who posted a detailed account of the scene on her Instagram, said she didn’t think much of the incident at first, and when they flew home to New Orleans, Hurricane Ida hit and upended their lives.

Small world sometimes...

I have to say, the Instagram video she (the New Orleans girl) that was posted earlier (this morning) here seemed credible enough but you can never be sure with social media. This (Fox News) account adds the details of who she is, why she was there, exactly where it was - with credit card receipt, and additional context that makes it highly credible, IMO.

You know what I really wanna do Mom and Dad....I really want to go camping

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Small world sometimes...

One of the last times Gabby Petito was seen alive involved an explosive argument between Brian Laundrie and wait staff at a Jackson Hole restaurant,

Hmmm, was he worried about being recognized in Jackson Hole so he bailed early on the hitchhiking?

That is Gabby's parents Lawyer demanding that the Laundries stop using Gabby's photo. Not Brian's lawyer.
Gabby's parent's lawyer are asking Brian's lawyer to stop using her image. Basically accusing Brian's lawyer of promoting his business with Gabby's image is what I got from that.

Gabby's parent's lawyer are asking Brian's lawyer to stop using her image. Basically accusing Brian's lawyer of promoting his business with Gabby's image is what I got from that.
Ah, yeh, that's forking creepy. The more I think about this whole story, the weirder it gets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom