Young couple goes on van tour of US, boy comes back with van - no girl (5 Viewers)

Gabby's parent's lawyer are asking Brian's lawyer to stop using her image. Basically accusing Brian's lawyer of promoting his business with Gabby's image is what I got from that.

And Brian's lawyer is basically saying that he has no control over Yelp and did not post her images or use them himself. As far as what I know from Yelp, I think that's right - I don't think the business has much control over what is there (other that to help populate information like web address and menus, or to post its own photos).

Ah, yeh, that's forking creepy. The more I think about this whole story, the weirder it gets.

I don't think he's doing that.

And Brian's lawyer is basically saying that he has no control over Yelp and did not post her images or use them himself. As far as what I know from Yelp, I think that's right - I don't think the business has much control over what is there (other that to help populate information like web address and menus, or to post its own photos).

I don't think he's doing that.

You are correct. Businesses have very little control of what goes on their Yelp page, this is of course so they can't prune negative reviews. Also, his Yelp page is unclaimed, meaning that he himself had not established it or claimed ownership... so someone else made it up. The first yelp review the page has came September 17th, 2021. Based on this, this page more than likely was made for the sole purpose of people flaming him for "e-points".

You are correct. Businesses have very little control of what goes on their Yelp page, this is of course so they can't prune negative reviews. Also, his Yelp page is unclaimed, meaning that he himself had not established it or claimed ownership... so someone else made it up. The first yelp review the page has came September 17th, 2021. Based on this, this page more than likely was made for the sole purpose of people flaming him for "e-points".
Ugh, when I first heard this, I hadn't even stopped to remember that it's totally consumer user driven. So instead of making Bertolino look bad, it makes Stafford look kinda dumb. He should have been contacting the site itself.

And another thing regarding needing more police education for domestic abuse is that LE is, I believe, the occupation with the highest rate of domestic violence. So they already know EXACTLY what DV is from the most intimate standpoint.

I believe the education, as I said before, needs to be with our young women to prevent them from entering these relationships in the first place.

Ugh, when I first heard this, I hadn't even stopped to remember that it's totally consumer user driven. So instead of making Bertolino look bad, it makes Stafford look kinda dumb. He should have been contacting the site itself.
His letter stated that they contacted the site and was told only the business owner can remove content. I think he is just trying to get Gabby's photo removed from anything that has to do with the Laundrie family or their lawyer. After re-reading it, he didn't actually accuse Bertolino of posting the info, he just wants him to remove it because they aren't able to.

OMG, people are stupid and refuse to see any other vantage point but their own. I have both people that are defending Gabby AND being critical of her for slapping back at Brian in the van calling me out for my opinions on how we should be focusing on making sure it's the women who see the signs before it's too late. I think there are ALWAYS small signs before it escalates to full blown physical danger. No way would I continue dating a guy who stole my own driver's license to keep me from hanging out with my friends. NO WAY!!

The "prevention" is to get the young woman to break up with the douchebag who steals your ID and has a problem with you hanging out with friends VERY EARLY IN THE RELATIONSHIP

Last edited:
His letter stated that they contacted the site and was told only the business owner can remove content. I think he is just trying to get Gabby's photo removed from anything that has to do with the Laundrie family or their lawyer. After re-reading it, he didn't actually accuse Bertolino of posting the info, he just wants him to remove it because they aren't able to.
Gotcha. I admittedly read it quickly.

Last edited:
I am having a thought. I love all of you guys here. But this discussion brings up the thought of me wondering if there are men here on this message board (not necessarily in this thread) who have abused just thinking about what the statistics are. And, okay, maybe not here because you're all great; but I also wonder sometimes about just the people we come across either in our worklife or church life or gym life, etc., etc. You KNOW we all know someone who abuses we just don't know it and sometimes I just look around like maybe at a restaurant and think, Which one of you is it? I've had the thought when in a group of woman because I know the statistic is 1 in 4. So if I'm in a random group of, say, over 20 women I know there has to be at least 1 or 2 cos I know it's not me.

I am having a thought. I love all of you guys here. But this discussion brings up the thought of me wondering if there are men here on this message board (not necessarily in this thread) who have abused just thinking about what the statistics are. And, okay, maybe not here because you're all great; but I also wonder sometimes about just the people we come across either in our worklife or church life or gym life, etc., etc. You KNOW we all know someone who abuses we just don't know it and sometimes I just look around like maybe at a restaurant and think, Which one of you is it? I've had the thought when in a group of woman because I know the statistic is 1 in 4. So if I'm in a random group of, say, over 20 women I know there has to be at least 1 or 2 cos I know it's not me.

I had this surfing friend from many years back in California, and his wife told me that she, and my friend sometimes got into fist fights. As far as I know, they are still together. Love?!?! Maybe it's cheaper than counseling. Who is to judge them? Certainly not me.

I didn't even second guess it, relationships are just so confusing. My strategy is stay single, and learn from people's mistakes. My life has never been more peaceful!

1632353234093.jpeg

Last edited:
One time my downstairs neighbor called the cops because she (thought) she heard a man fighting me in my apartment.

The apartment staff emailed me to talk about it so I told them the story of the only time a man ever laid his hands on me and it ended with me saying I'd be surprised if he ever regained full use of that hand.

She replied, "OK, I feel confident that it wasn't occurring in your apartment." 😆

A few weeks later when I went to the office for something else and gave my apartment number, she leaned back in her chair, laughed and said I remember you, "You tried to [insert what I did but won't admit here] your boyfriend's hand."

When I tell you... he will never forget that day. I ended up going to jail but it was so worth it because I truly believe he will never try that with another woman.

If he does, it will have to be with his left hand.

I had this surfing friend from many years back in California, and his wife told me that she, and my friend sometimes got into fist fights. As far as I know, they are still together. Love?!?! Maybe it's cheaper than counseling. Who is to judge them? Certainly not me.

I didn't even second guess it, relationships are just so confusing. My strategy is stay single, and learn from people's mistakes. My life has never been more peaceful!

1632353234093.jpeg
It's why I never aspired to marry earlier than 30. Now, somehow that became, I want to be marred [left in the typo] AT 30 (and I made it with 1 month to spare. I basically had an early 31st birthday trip on my honeymoon). But by that time, I had a career, had lived alone completely self sufficient, and -- though I didn't really WANT to -- knew that I could continue living alone versus feeling that I needed to live with an abuser.

Last edited:
One time my downstairs neighbor called the cops because she (thought) she heard a man fighting me in my apartment.

The apartment staff emailed me to talk about it so I told them the story of the only time a man ever laid his hands on me and it ended with me saying I'd be surprised if he ever regained full use of that hand.

She replied, "OK, I feel confident that it wasn't occurring in your apartment." 😆

A few weeks later when I went to the office for something else and gave my apartment number, she leaned back in her chair, laughed and said I remember you, "You tried to [insert what I did but won't admit here] your boyfriend's hand."

When I tell you... he will never forget that day. I ended up going to jail but it was so worth it because I truly believe he will never try that with another woman.

If he does, it will have to be with his left hand.
I ❤️ this story.

I know you are right. But that's pretty damn depressing. I hope it's getting better. I hear more women speaking out. I'm listening. It isn't falling only on deaf ears. I tell others...if they'll listen.

I assure you, the only person I've ever abused is myself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom