Young couple goes on van tour of US, boy comes back with van - no girl (1 Viewer)

Sorry but you're injecting a bit much IMHO. Out of the endless possibilities you chose one which makes him a monster and easy to hate. Truth is things are never that cut and dry.

I don't need to make him less than human. TBH I've seen otherwise we'll adjusted folks fall into chaos because life is unexpected at times.

He is a monster, it takes a good 3 to 5 minutes to strangle someone to death by your hands. Tons of experts, people with medical backgrounds have been interviewed over this case about how long it takes to strangle someone to death and its a long time, its not like the movies. There is ample time to come to your senses and stop choking them, where as he kept going for multiple minutes until she was dead. Also, it was stated by Gabby's stepfather on Dr.phil that where they found the body, there was evidence that a camp had taken place. There was a noticeable spot on the ground where you could tell a fire was and there was tent holes in the ground.

That is a brutal and personal way to kill someone via manual strangulation/throttling with having ample time to stop himself over the minutes of choking the life out of her. If you're choking someone for minutes until they're dead, that is killing with intent, not accidental, etc.

Last edited:
He is a monster, it takes a good 3 to 5 minutes to strangle someone to death by your hands. Tons of experts, people with medical backgrounds have been interviewed over this case about how long it takes to strangle someone to death and its a long time, its not like the movies. There is ample time to come to your senses and stop choking them, where as he kept going for multiple minutes until she was dead. Also, it was stated by Gabby's stepfather on Dr.phil that where they found the body, there was evidence that a camp had taken place. There was a noticeable spot on the ground where you could tell a fire was and there was tent holes in the ground.

He was always facing murder one, not murder two, because of the fact he killed her via manual strangulation/throttling and having ample time to stop himself over the minutes of choking the life out of her. If you're choking someone for minutes until they're dead, that is killing with intent, not accidental, etc.
That is certainly one scenario. But I've known a few girls around her age, troubled, and more than fantasizing about a suicide pact or being killed because they want to die. I think it's just a youthful fantasy for most, but kids in that state of mind can make terrible decisions. To me it's just as likely it was a pact and he didn't anticipate the real fall out from society and internally.

I doubt he ever even thought about the consequences. I also doubt we ever know with any degree of certainty. I certainly can't say you are wrong, just that it's not the only possibility.

Apollo 13 was a major motion picture that has been shown on tv like many other major pictures.. but yeah, if you ever wanted to try watching a movie, definitely start with non-fiction, historical , Stuff like that.. Schindler’s List, JFK, Dude Where’s My Car, that sort of thing…….. 😁
I watched Apollo 13 when it came on TV primarily because I watched the real life drama of that ill-fated mission as it unfolded when I was a kid and knew the details of that experience intimately. I wanted to know how Ron Howard would portray the desperate events trying to save the crew from an almost certain death in space. Because Howard followed and depicted each hurdle so well in the film, it really worked for me as a recreation of those events I watched as a kid. The actual story was a perfect screenplay, and Howard held true to it to make the movie well worth watching.

Last edited:
You could always go to the movie but listen to an audio book or the game just to trend break and screw with the Google analytics.
If they'd pay me to do that, I might consider it. :scratch:

Doesnt make me sad at all, just different strokes…. the people i know do tend to quote from movies a lot though, so Bill might be missing out on some references, if he cares.
Trust me, ALL the movie stuff y'all talk about goes over my head. That's why I never comment about any of it.

But as you said... I really don't care.

Trust me, the story wouldn't take long to read.
And it just may bore you to tears anyway.

Suffice it to say that I've never really been entertained by fictional material. Movies just seemed to be a complete waste of my time. I can tolerate a TV movie that is strongly based on a true story like 'Apollo 13'. But the thought of paying money to go to a theater to attempt to watch something that I have no desire to see just makes no sense to me at all. Since there is nothing to learn by sitting in a movie theater for nearly two hours of my life, I really can't understand what all the fuss is about.

I'm a 'news, sports, & weather' guy. When those programs are over, I look for something constructive to do where I can best use my time. I'm really not familiar with Hollywood types so hearing who is starring in a film doesn't move me at all. I've got nothing against folks who are interested in that stuff. It simply isn't my cup of tea. 🤷‍♂️
Says the guy with the Kool Aid man avatar.... ;)

I always assumed Romeo & Juliet made a pact to die together.
I didn't know it ended with one of them in a desperate attempt to run from the long arm of the law.
:hmm:
Nah, it's a story about how you should communicate to your lover/partner what you plan is, so they don't assume the worst, and react poorly...oops.

WHAT?!?!? You don't believe in the Kool-Aid man???

:hihi:
Just saying, for a guy who has issues with fictional stories and fictional characters... but is using a fictional character....?

Trust me, the story wouldn't take long to read.
And it just may bore you to tears anyway.

Suffice it to say that I've never really been entertained by fictional material. Movies just seemed to be a complete waste of my time. I can tolerate a TV movie that is strongly based on a true story like 'Apollo 13'. But the thought of paying money to go to a theater to attempt to watch something that I have no desire to see just makes no sense to me at all. Since there is nothing to learn by sitting in a movie theater for nearly two hours of my life, I really can't understand what all the fuss is about.

I'm a 'news, sports, & weather' guy. When those programs are over, I look for something constructive to do where I can best use my time. I'm really not familiar with Hollywood types so hearing who is starring in a film doesn't move me at all. I've got nothing against folks who are interested in that stuff. It simply isn't my cup of tea. 🤷‍♂️
Who said anything about theaters? You can watch movies at home, it still counts. And there are probably thousands of movies that fit into the Apollo 13 category. Two movies ever? I don’t believe it. Been to the theater just two times? Ok, I get that.

Who said anything about theaters? You can watch movies at home, it still counts. And there are probably thousands of movies that fit into the Apollo 13 category. Two movies ever? I don’t believe it. Been to the theater just two times? Ok, I get that.

IIRC, the only two movies he’s ever seen in a movie theater were Jedi in 1983, and Jaws in 1975, that’s it over the last 50 plus years.. You ‘get that’?? It blew my mind; when i was growing up we went to the movies all the time.

And i want to say he’s seen Top Gun and Apollo 13 on tv.. any others Bill?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom