Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (24 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
For sure it's correlation and not causation, however, it certainly is not impossible that his wife's body could have that sort of reaction. I'd be shocked if there were not tons of weird one-off reactions to any vaccine or drug, or food, or whatever. We're huge sacks of chemicals all slightly different that will have slightly different reactions when other sacks of chemicals are introduced.
I’m certainly not saying it couldn’t happen. However, the statistical probability that it happened to only one person in the entire world directly from the vaccine is pretty much zero. If it weren’t simply a coincidence, we should see statistically significant reports of similar side effects.

I haven’t yet heard (and certainly not saying the reports aren’t out there - I’m just looking for evidence one way or another) of menopausal symptoms being tied to the vaccine yet.

I'm sorry your wife is going through that, it sounds really uncomfortable and stressful.

For sure it's correlation and not causation, however, it certainly is not impossible that his wife's body could have that sort of reaction. I'd be shocked if there were not tons of weird one-off reactions to any vaccine or drug, or food, or whatever. We're huge sacks of chemicals all slightly different that will have slightly different reactions when other sacks of chemicals are introduced.
I'm certainly not a doctor, but it's my understanding that vaccines are supposed to get the immune system to fight off whatever it's designed for, whether flu, measles, Covid, etc. We all have immune systems that vary in response to some vaccines and that certain conditions can lead to adverse reactions, even if rare. It makes sense that some people with unusually sensitive immune systems or immuno-compromised would have adverse reactions to a given vaccine. So I don't doubt it happens. I guess the question is how often does that happen and how severe are the reactions.

I’m certainly not saying it couldn’t happen. However, the statistical probability that it happened to only one person in the entire world directly from the vaccine is pretty much zero. If it weren’t simply a coincidence, we should see statistically significant reports of similar side effects.

I haven’t yet heard (and certainly not saying the reports aren’t out there - I’m just looking for evidence one way or another) of menopausal symptoms being tied to the vaccine yet.

I've seen a few articles about similar-ish symptoms ... and it certainly has been reported elsewhere. There just aren't any definitive studies, because it is rare, and quite frankly there's a pretty decent history of doctors and studies ignoring women's health issues.

COVID-19 itself effects women's menstruation cycles and there a documented side effects of the disease along those lines. So it isn't surprising that a vaccine will produce similar side effects that the disease does (but usually milder and more controlled).

This does not even mean that sammymvpknight's wife should not have had the vaccine -- in fact it's quite possible that taking the vaccine may prevent more serious covid-19 side effects should she contract the virus. Or not.

Best friends family is going through Covid right now. Parents are boosted and completely negative and fine. Two teenagers are vaccinated, one felt bad for a couple of days other tested negative and no problems. But the 24 year old son who lives with. Them and thinks that is all made up garbage is getting hammered. Hes at that so sick he is just losing days unaware of the passage of time laying in bed stage he’s so sick.

Best friends family is going through Covid right now. Parents are boosted and completely negative and fine. Two teenagers are vaccinated, one felt bad for a couple of days other tested negative and no problems. But the 24 year old son who lives with. Them and thinks that is all made up garbage is getting hammered. Hes at that so sick he is just losing days unaware of the passage of time laying in bed stage he’s so sick.
Maybe he's making up being sick by a made up virus? Is he Ferris Bueller?

Some of you know my wife’s saga after getting vaccinated. She received her first dose of Moderna last March, within days developed hot flashes, hair loss, and over the next month proceeded to gain weight and lost her menstrual period. She went to OB/GYN and determined that we was in early menopause. After dealing with weight gain, hair loss, and severe hot flashes (couldn’t sleep) for a few months she was started on hormone replacement therapy. The hormone replacement therapy helped with hot flashes but not as much with persistent weight gain and hair loss. Menstrual period returned but were irregular a few months later, and hormone replacement therapy was stopped.

Fast forward to last month, and she is partially vaccinated and her employer is demanding her to be fully vaccinated. She could have considered a medical exemption but that process is a nightmare, and she also really wanted to be fully vaccinated because she’s an asthmatic. So she gets the vaccine (this time Pfizer).

Boom…hot flashes, increase in hair loss. She can’t sleep because she’s again drenched in sweat and having chills all night. She restarted hormone replacement therapy this week.
I remember the post about your wife's bout with the vaccine the first time. So sorry to hear she's struggling again. I hope this round passes faster than the last.

Our payroll department consists of 3 women. 2 of them are fully vaxxed and boosted. One is antivax.

2 have COVID (again)... 1 doesn't (she did have it once before). Thought it was comical.

FWIW, I am vaccinated, but I don't believe I will be getting the quarterly boosters.

I didn't know the flu vaccine was quarterly.. I thought it was yearly..
I didn't know that the Covid vaccine was being boosted quarterly either. I thought it was once.

Some folks in Israel are talking about boosting it twice. But I don't think they've done it.

Some of you know my wife’s saga after getting vaccinated. She received her first dose of Moderna last March, within days developed hot flashes, hair loss, and over the next month proceeded to gain weight and lost her menstrual period. She went to OB/GYN and determined that we was in early menopause. After dealing with weight gain, hair loss, and severe hot flashes (couldn’t sleep) for a few months she was started on hormone replacement therapy. The hormone replacement therapy helped with hot flashes but not as much with persistent weight gain and hair loss. Menstrual period returned but were irregular a few months later, and hormone replacement therapy was stopped.

Fast forward to last month, and she is partially vaccinated and her employer is demanding her to be fully vaccinated. She could have considered a medical exemption but that process is a nightmare, and she also really wanted to be fully vaccinated because she’s an asthmatic. So she gets the vaccine (this time Pfizer).

Boom…hot flashes, increase in hair loss. She can’t sleep because she’s again drenched in sweat and having chills all night. She restarted hormone replacement therapy this week.
Not to play doctor with the doctors.... but is she anemic?

Otherwise, seems very rare. She might be a good case study.

Last edited:
Our payroll department consists of 3 women. 2 of them are fully vaxxed and boosted. One is antivax.

2 have COVID (again)... 1 doesn't (she did have it once before). Thought it was comical.

FWIW, I am vaccinated, but I don't believe I will be getting the quarterly boosters.
It's not quarterly as far as I know. Not sure where that comes from.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom