Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (4 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
I don't understand what you were trying to say.

It's not your job to know.

It's the transplant board's decision and they track the various facts in order to determine when one of these precious beating hearts become available where it goes so that it isn't wasted on someone too stupid to take medical advice.

Do you understand when you refuse to take medical advice how difficult it is for a bunch of doctors to overlook your ignorance and arrogance and put your principles aside in order to deny some other suffering person a heart?
You asked me what concerns I would have for the son in law and then imagined how I would feel, so I may have read that wrong, as you were putting me in the place of the relative who missed out on the transplant.

But for me, if all things were equal, my decision wouldn't be based on a vaccine that wouldn't work as efficiently as in someone healthy and ineffective against Omicron without booster. Regardless of their vaccine status, they will more than likely be in the upper right hand quadrant for severe symptoms and death and will be recommended to do everything possible to avoid COVID because in his condition, there is only hope that the vaccine will do what it needs to, but with his current state of health, future health state, and Omicron running lose, good luck with that.

But let's say that he takes the shot, get's COVID and still die, then what? Or what if he get's the vaccine and dies from adverse effects? He died doing "the right thing?"

You asked me what concerns I would have for the son in law and then imagined how I would feel, so I may have read that wrong, as you were putting me in the place of the relative who missed out on the transplant.

But for me, if all things were equal, my decision wouldn't be based on a vaccine that wouldn't work as efficiently as in someone healthy and ineffective against Omicron without booster. Regardless of their vaccine status, they will more than likely be in the upper right hand quadrant for severe symptoms and death and will be recommended to do everything possible to avoid COVID because in his condition, there is only hope that the vaccine will do what it needs to, but with his current state of health, future health state, and Omicron running lose, good luck with that.

But let's say that he takes the shot, get's COVID and still die, then what? Or what if he get's the vaccine and dies from adverse effects? He died doing "the right thing?"

Nobody dies from adverse effects of the covid vaccine.

And, you're on a crusade obviously to try to convince yourself and the rest of us that un-vaxed people are unfairly being discriminated against.

I find that to be a silly notion. First, discrimination against those who refuse medical advice while appealing to medical advisers is not unfair. Second, treating people who make difficult decisions differently is completely reasonable. I don't force vegans to eat wagyu when they come to my house and that's very reasonable. Finally, for this post, if the decision making board comes to the conclusion that there is a better candidate based on their criteria and the anti-vax clown is left out in the cold then all of us are better off even if the other guy who received it dies.

You are confusing principle with opinion. If he's prepared to die due to his opinion that vaccines are dangerous or whatever then he has to live or die with that decision. Nobody is forcing him to refuse medical advice.

Last edited:
I don't understand what you were trying to say.

It's not your job to know.

It's the transplant board's decision and they track the various facts in order to determine when one of these precious beating hearts become available where it goes so that it isn't wasted on someone too stupid to take medical advice.

Do you understand when you refuse to take medical advice how difficult it is for a bunch of doctors to overlook your ignorance and arrogance and put your principles aside in order to deny some other suffering person a heart?

Yeah, if I'm interviewing people for a job and a candidate says, "I don't think I have to work on Mondays" or "I want the job, but I don't feel like I should have to attend meetings", those are clear red flags. I'm going to move down the list.

If that's the same regurgitated stuff we've seen before, it doesn't say what you are thinking it does.

Someone like the poster above is going to report the guy who needs the transplant dead due to vaccine because he refused it and show up on this report.
You’re take is pretty naive if you don’t think that any medical intervention could have contributed to one death after it’s administered millions upon millions of times. That’s not the reality of medicine that I understand

You’re take is pretty naive if you don’t think that any medical intervention could have contributed to one death after it’s administered millions upon millions of times. That’s not the reality of medicine that I understand
I think the key thing here is that it remains the case that vaccination is safe, including for people with heart conditions, who are typically prioritised for vaccination, and for immunocompromised people, who are typically prioritised and given extra doses, and that Covid-19 is particularly dangerous for both those groups. People with those conditions who've been vaccinated are safer and have considerably lowered their risk relative to those who haven't.

That's not to say your point isn't valid, that it could be considered an overstatement to state that "Nobody dies from adverse effects of the covid vaccine." But with regard to the general case of vaccination, and the specific case of people with heart conditions, it's still safe, for any reasonable usage of the word safe. Because if by 'safe' we meant 'no-one could ever die or be harmed in relation to this activity' pretty much nothing would be safe. Chess is safe, but people have died playing chess.

I think the key thing here is that it remains the case that vaccination is safe, including for people with heart conditions, who are typically prioritised for vaccination, and for immunocompromised people, who are typically prioritised and given extra doses, and that Covid-19 is particularly dangerous for both those groups. People with those conditions who've been vaccinated are safer and have considerably lowered their risk relative to those who haven't.

That's not to say your point isn't valid, that it could be considered an overstatement to state that "Nobody dies from adverse effects of the covid vaccine." But with regard to the general case of vaccination, and the specific case of people with heart conditions, it's still safe, for any reasonable usage of the word safe. Because if by 'safe' we meant 'no-one could ever die or be harmed in relation to this activity' pretty much nothing would be safe. Chess is safe, but people have died playing chess.
excellent post!

I was set to get the booster today, but I started feeling like crap yesterday morning. Went and got tested and yep, I have Covid. Just sore\scratchy throat, low grade fever, and tired, but that's about it.

How long do I have to wait to get the booster now?

Oh I agree. I would say that the vaccine is safe in a general sense…and I do think it helps way more than it hurts (likely in every demographic). But I have yet to use a medical intervention that hasn’t had some risk of harm. Saying that any medical intervention can’t be harm or even kill someone is not true. I have seen people die eating food and drinking water. I think that we can have a rationale discussion about the risks and benefits of the vaccine while avoiding the extremes.

I was set to get the booster today, but I started feeling like crap yesterday morning. Went and got tested and yep, I have Covid. Just sore\scratchy throat, low grade fever, and tired, but that's about it.

How long do I have to wait to get the booster now?
Depends who you ask I think. CDC there seems to say you can get it as soon as you're recovered and met the criteria for discontinuing isolation. In the UK, the recommendation is 28 days from a positive test or onset of symptoms, whichever was first.

There's an article that seems to cover the various viewpoints reasonably well here: https://www.health.com/condition/in...avirus/covid-booster-after-covid-breakthrough

I think my view would be that you can get it reasonably soon once you're recovered, there doesn't seem to be any particular reason not to, and it may be of benefit (plus it may be required depending on what you're doing, whether there's a fully vaccinated requirement, and whether having had a booster is part of that requirement).

Hope you recover quickly and well.

I don't know what can be done about the scourge of blatant misinformation, when the response will be First Amendment/Freedom

But the bald face lying is way out of control, I fear as bad as it is, it's not as bad as it's going to get in the coming years
===================

..........In the past, this has meant Carlson doing his nodding-while-stunned routine while Berenson makes claims such as this: that face masks don’t slow the spread of the virus (they do). On Tuesday night, though, Berenson’s predilection for apocalyptic proclamations led to one of the most dishonest and dangerous segments in the history of Carlson’s show — which is a high, high bar to clear.

The subject was vaccines, a response to the coronavirus pandemic that Berenson has for months sought to undercut. He was on Carlson’s program in November, in fact, claiming that evidence was waning that the vaccines prevented serious injury or death but, you know, even if they did, it’s still “your own personal choice” whether you want to die, struggling to breathe in a crowded intensive care unit, intubated, your family sobbing as they watch through a nearby window. Up to you.

Now, though, Berenson has taken it further.

“I have not said this to you before, because I’m pretty careful, and I’m pretty careful with the data,” Berenson claimed, falsely. “The mRNA covid vaccines need to be withdrawn from the market now. No one should get them. No one should get boosted. No one should get double-boosted. They are a dangerous and ineffective product at this point against omicron,” the most prevalent variant in the United States.

I want to be careful here not to overstate the case. But Berenson’s career is now largely predicated on precisely this sort of denialism. It’s what powers his Substack subscriptions; it’s what gets him on Carlson’s show; it’s what landed him an interview with Joe Rogan. And when your profile and income are predicated on claiming that you alone are standing athwart a global conspiracy, there is a tendency to continue to amplify your assertions to keep the audience on the hook.

For the audience, the thrill is being part of the elite few who see behind the curtain. In an insightful Twitter thread, writer Julian Sanchez labeled this “cinematic epistemology,” a belief system rooted in the assumption that the world works the way action movies do. That, in other words, Berenson is the protagonist who will soon reveal that the heavy machinery of government has long been up to no good, deceiving the public. In reality, of course, Berenson and those like him are simply leveraging this impulse for attention and money...........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom