Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (12 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters

You’re take is pretty naive if you don’t think that any medical intervention could have contributed to one death after it’s administered millions upon millions of times. That’s not the reality of medicine that I understand

The document states the following:
Overall death reporting rate: 0.57 per million Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine doses

It's also only based on ONLY the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, and also:
Proportion of TTS cases with death did not decrease after Janssen pause on April 13

So while it's not completely impossible that the J&J vaccine caused these two deaths, the idea that this quote
Or what if he get's the vaccine and dies from adverse effects? He died doing "the right thing?"

is anything but a joke is ridiculous.

I think that we can have a rationale discussion about the risks and benefits of the vaccine while avoiding the extremes.

Yes, let's have a rational discussion.

Proportion of TTS cases with death did not decrease after Janssen pause on April 13

People who weigh the risks of getting the shot and dying against getting COVID and dying, and determine that getting the shot is the riskier play, are not being rational.

And there's no benefit to coddling them and making them think they're being rational.

Last edited:
Nobody dies from adverse effects of the covid vaccine.

And, you're on a crusade obviously to try to convince yourself and the rest of us that un-vaxed people are unfairly being discriminated against.

I find that to be a silly notion. First, discrimination against those who refuse medical advice while appealing to medical advisers is not unfair. Second, treating people who make difficult decisions differently is completely reasonable. I don't force vegans to eat wagyu when they come to my house and that's very reasonable. Finally, for this post, if the decision making board comes to the conclusion that there is a better candidate based on their criteria and the anti-vax clown is left out in the cold then all of us are better off even if the other guy who received it dies.

You are confusing principle with opinion. If he's prepared to die due to his opinion that vaccines are dangerous or whatever then he has to live or die with that decision. Nobody is forcing him to refuse medical advice.
No one dies?

Look at what the state did in this situation and there are other emails on why they did it.

And you are talking about refusing medical advice when most of those who have severe symptoms ignored the simple advice to eat healthy and live a healthy lifestyle, but I digress. I don't have to convince myself that the handling of the vaccine status is discriminatory. It's pretty cut and dry. People who were 100% remote had to get the vaccine for workplace safety...

The result of doing one's "own research"....or something....
Yet, I'm one that usually have something to backup everything that I say and usually quote from said unbiased source. More people coming at me with media and Yale talking points about this current topic than actual research.

Oh I agree. I would say that the vaccine is safe in a general sense…and I do think it helps way more than it hurts (likely in every demographic). But I have yet to use a medical intervention that hasn’t had some risk of harm. Saying that any medical intervention can’t be harm or even kill someone is not true. I have seen people die eating food and drinking water. I think that we can have a rationale discussion about the risks and benefits of the vaccine while avoiding the extremes.
Why does this concept seem so foreign to people? EVERYTHING carries a risk and depending on the circumstances, that is multiplied. Have I questioned the safeness of vaccines in a whole? No, but in this situation, it is not as black and white as some of you would hope.

If we are looking at this as a low risk, why in the world do we have forced vaccinated of our elementary/middle school children?

If we are looking at this as a low risk, why in the world do we have forced vaccinated of our elementary/middle school children?
We still require the polio vaccine, even though there's an extremely low risk of anyone catching polio, vaccinated or otherwise.

Of course, the reason that risk of polio is so low is precisely because of the requirement to get a polio vaccine to attend school.

Depends who you ask I think. CDC there seems to say you can get it as soon as you're recovered and met the criteria for discontinuing isolation. In the UK, the recommendation is 28 days from a positive test or onset of symptoms, whichever was first.

There's an article that seems to cover the various viewpoints reasonably well here: https://www.health.com/condition/in...avirus/covid-booster-after-covid-breakthrough

I think my view would be that you can get it reasonably soon once you're recovered, there doesn't seem to be any particular reason not to, and it may be of benefit (plus it may be required depending on what you're doing, whether there's a fully vaccinated requirement, and whether having had a booster is part of that requirement).

Hope you recover quickly and well.

Thanks for the info and the well wishes.

We still require the polio vaccine, even though there's an extremely low risk of anyone catching polio, vaccinated or otherwise.

Of course, the reason that risk of polio is so low is precisely because of the requirement to get a polio vaccine to attend school.
But the COVID vaccine doesn't stop anyone from getting or spreading COVID, that age of kids are asymptomatic by the largest majority and their rate of death over the past 2 years is SLIGHTLY higher than the death rate reported by Janssen.

But the COVID vaccine doesn't stop anyone from getting or spreading COVID
We've been over this. It definitely does reduce transmission, and a booster definitely does reduce your chances of getting Omicron.

that age of kids are asymptomatic by the largest majority
As someone who works in education, I can tell you this has not been our experience at all with the latest wave.

their rate of death over the past 2 years is SLIGHTLY higher than the death rate reported by Janssen.
I don't understand what point you're making here.

No one dies?

Blah Blah Blah
Quoted from your story:

The state’s investigation, ruled she died naturally — of complications arising from hypertensive cardiovascular disease and COVID-19, according to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. Other significant conditions, it said, were Type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity and hypoventilation syndrome, a breathing disorder.

She didn't die from the vaccine man, I know the paid for examiner may have received a false negative test. 1 in 5 people with COVID are getting false negatives. However it's quite a stretch to say this women died of the vaccine, which is pretty much what DTC said would happen.

Oh I agree. I would say that the vaccine is safe in a general sense…and I do think it helps way more than it hurts (likely in every demographic). But I have yet to use a medical intervention that hasn’t had some risk of harm. Saying that any medical intervention can’t be harm or even kill someone is not true. I have seen people die eating food and drinking water. I think that we can have a rationale discussion about the risks and benefits of the vaccine while avoiding the extremes.

This is true, but people don't do nuance very well.

Yet, I'm one that usually have something to backup everything that I say and usually quote from said unbiased source. More people coming at me with media and Yale talking points about this current topic than actual research.

the data and research on the vaccine(s) prove that they are safe, about 95% of what you post is total BS....as folks have pointed out numerous times in this thread some of what you post you either don't understand or willfully misrepresent to support your BS narratives....

But the COVID vaccine doesn't stop anyone from getting or spreading COVID,

This is not true. Unvaccinated people are catching covid at a significantly faster rate than vaccinated people. So clearly it's stopping some people from getting COVID.

I'm not aware of any particular group of people who would be safer not getting vaccinated than getting vaccinated.

This does not mean there is 0 risk of getting vaccinated, of course. There is no such thing as 0 risk. But all statistical analysis done shows that every single group of people are more likely to die if they don't get vaccinated than if they do get vaccinated.

So, there really isn't a great rational reason to not get vaccinated. For every single person that I'm aware of, getting vaccinated lowers your risk of death or serious disease.

Quoted from your story:

She didn't die from the vaccine man, I know the paid for examiner may have received a false negative test. 1 in 5 people with COVID are getting false negatives. However it's quite a stretch to say this women died of the vaccine, which is pretty much what DTC said would happen.
The family had to pay for the autopsy because the state wouldn't perform one and the state didn't want it put out that the vaccine could have played a part in her death. They initially stated that she died from COVID.

They found a blood clot.

But your quoted statement takes us right back to my original points about the heart transplant story. If you brushing this off like the vaccine didn't kill her 15 minutes after she took it but she died naturally due to her underlying issues, why would a patient waiting on a new heart be excluded from this risk?

the data and research on the vaccine(s) prove that they are safe, about 95% of what you post is total BS....as folks have pointed out numerous times in this thread some of what you post you either don't understand or willfully misrepresent to support your BS narratives....
Point out the "95% of what I post" as being BS and I can guarantee that there is an approved study to back up what I'm saying. You all are really trying to say that it is BS that getting the vaccine carries a health risk, when this is proven. The worse you healthy, the higher the risk. But I have not emotional attachment to anyone getting the vaccine or not, so I don't have to push a narrative. I stated that because of his condition, the vaccine poses a risk. You all are coming out the woodwork while yet ignoring the point made. I'm looking at the present risk and you are looking at the risk IF he catches COVID.

But your quoted statement takes us right back to my original points about the heart transplant story. If you brushing this off like the vaccine didn't kill her 15 minutes after she took it but she died naturally due to her underlying issues, why would a patient waiting on a new heart be excluded from this risk?

Not excluded from the risk, but the heart transplant patient is making a decision that increases his risk of death, and since healthy donor hearts are rare, it is rational for the hospital to give the heart to someone who is more likely to survive than someone who is not. And refusing to get the vaccine makes him less likely to survive than someone who does get the vaccine.

. If you brushing this off like the vaccine didn't kill her 15 minutes after she took it but she died naturally due to her underlying issues,

You think you know something you don't know man. This is an excellent example of why correlation does not equal causation. That 15 minutes is meaningless. The 57 reactions of the 16.9 Million vaccines given had an average 9 days before displaying symptoms.

You don't get a vaccine and develop blood clots big enough to get lodged anywhere in 15 minutes.

That's not how it works.

That clots been floating around in her Type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity and hypoventilation syndrome, a breathing disorder, bloodstream getting bigger and bigger for a little while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom