Comic Book Talk (3 Viewers)

FYI

Humble Bundle has always been a good spot to get some good indie comics while supporting a good cause.

The kids and I made what is probably our last visit to And Books Too this afternoon. It was a gorgeous day - clear, blue skies and 75 degrees. There were a few people in the place, but there was still plenty of inventory. Being that it was Wednesday, they even had new comics on the shelf. Everything was 25% off, so I found a comic and my daughter found a graphic novel. My son didn't find anything that he wanted. We stayed for probably about 15 to 20 minutes just looking around. When I asked if they were ready to go and they said yes, I just kind of stood there for a few seconds and my daughter said, "You're sad, aren't you?" I definitely was and I could feel the tiniest bit of dust in my eye. This is a place that I've gone to for 30 years and have brought the kids to since they could walk. I will miss the place and the smell of it when first walking in. Before we left, we took a selfie in front of the huge Silver Surfer they have in the front door so that I could have that last memory.

The kids and I made what is probably our last visit to And Books Too this afternoon. It was a gorgeous day - clear, blue skies and 75 degrees. There were a few people in the place, but there was still plenty of inventory. Being that it was Wednesday, they even had new comics on the shelf. Everything was 25% off, so I found a comic and my daughter found a graphic novel. My son didn't find anything that he wanted. We stayed for probably about 15 to 20 minutes just looking around. When I asked if they were ready to go and they said yes, I just kind of stood there for a few seconds and my daughter said, "You're sad, aren't you?" I definitely was and I could feel the tiniest bit of dust in my eye. This is a place that I've gone to for 30 years and have brought the kids to since they could walk. I will miss the place and the smell of it when first walking in. Before we left, we took a selfie in front of the huge Silver Surfer they have in the front door so that I could have that last memory.

I hope the Silver Surfer finds a good home. I always thought that was the coolest thing right as you walk in.

took a few years, but amazon seems to have ruined it

In 2014, Bleeding Cool ran the story that Amazon was buying digital comic distributor and publisher ComiXology three weeks before it was officially announced. At the time, this was painted as giving ComiXology a far greater reach, but over time that began to change. Eight years on, as part of continuing merging operations between ComiXology and Amazon, big changes kicked in, with reduced services and merging with Kindle with user-friendliness destroyed and complaints emanating from across the industry

took a few years, but amazon seems to have ruined it

In 2014, Bleeding Cool ran the story that Amazon was buying digital comic distributor and publisher ComiXology three weeks before it was officially announced. At the time, this was painted as giving ComiXology a far greater reach, but over time that began to change. Eight years on, as part of continuing merging operations between ComiXology and Amazon, big changes kicked in, with reduced services and merging with Kindle with user-friendliness destroyed and complaints emanating from across the industry
Richard Johnston is an butt crevasse. We don't need to know you broke a story three weeks before it happened. How about we remind you of all the times the stories you "broke" turned out to be wrong...

Richard Johnston is an butt crevasse. We don't need to know you broke a story three weeks before it happened. How about we remind you of all the times the stories you "broke" turned out to be wrong...

cool, but that personal opinion has nothing to do with seemingly most of the staff being fired

I went from using Comixology pretty frequently to hardly ever due to Amazon's changes. Feel for everyone losing their job. Tech industry is a blood bath right now. Absolutely horrible.

cool, but that personal opinion has nothing to do with seemingly most of the staff being fired

That's not lost on me at all. I was calling out the idiocy of someone who felt the need to beat his chest over said story.

Jim Lee, the legendary comic book artist who has been at DC Comics since 1998, is getting a big promotion. After serving as Chief Creative Officer and Publisher at the company for some time, Lee has officially been promoted to President of DC Comics. What's more, Lee will maintain his status as CCO and Publisher, making him one of the most powerful people at one of the most powerful publishers of superhero comics, rivaled only by Marvel.

According to The Wrap, Lee will continue to report directly to Pam Lifford, President of Global Brands, Franchises, and Experiences at Warner Bros. Discovery. DC is owned by WBD, and the comic publisher has been a huge focus for the company ever since Discovery's acquisition of WarnerMedia last year.

To that end, Lee is now poised to be working closely with DC Studios co-heads James Gunn and Peter Safran, as they get ready to relaunch the DC Universe in 2024 and beyond with a rebooted slate of movies and TV shows. To that end, the report notes that Lee "leads creative efforts to integrate DC's publishing portfolio of characters and stories across all media."……..

Jim Lee, the legendary comic book artist who has been at DC Comics since 1998, is getting a big promotion. After serving as Chief Creative Officer and Publisher at the company for some time, Lee has officially been promoted to President of DC Comics. What's more, Lee will maintain his status as CCO and Publisher, making him one of the most powerful people at one of the most powerful publishers of superhero comics, rivaled only by Marvel.

According to The Wrap, Lee will continue to report directly to Pam Lifford, President of Global Brands, Franchises, and Experiences at Warner Bros. Discovery. DC is owned by WBD, and the comic publisher has been a huge focus for the company ever since Discovery's acquisition of WarnerMedia last year.

To that end, Lee is now poised to be working closely with DC Studios co-heads James Gunn and Peter Safran, as they get ready to relaunch the DC Universe in 2024 and beyond with a rebooted slate of movies and TV shows. To that end, the report notes that Lee "leads creative efforts to integrate DC's publishing portfolio of characters and stories across all media."……..

Meh...

Color me unimpressed.

So y'all seen that new Frank Miller Wolverine variant cover yet?

346285862_558826022827956_8273834670512758476_n.jpg

I laughed for five minutes when I first saw it, then laughed some more when thinking about how speculators might be reacting to it.

Is that for real? I saw it in passing somewhere online, but disregarded it thinking that it wasn't real.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom