Comic Book Talk (2 Viewers)

Issue #2 is even better in my opinion.
Agreed. I didn't know that the first one was out when I saw a review of it. It was released on Wed and my lcs sold out instantly. I went in on Thursday and the owner said that he'd try to find a copy for me. It took him over a week to get it in and he could only find an alternate cover. I like these kinds of stories. I suspect that Cap won't survive this but it will set up the character who shows up in issue 2 to lead after.

Agreed. I didn't know that the first one was out when I saw a review of it. It was released on Wed and my lcs sold out instantly. I went in on Thursday and the owner said that he'd try to find a copy for me. It took him over a week to get it in and he could only find an alternate cover. I like these kinds of stories. I suspect that Cap won't survive this but it will set up the character who shows up in issue 2 to lead after.
I think he makes it until the end, but I won't spoil #2 for others who might be reading. I was actually thinking of writing a review for my site. I really wish Marvel will respond to my email request for credentials.

I've said before I'd love to see some standalone superhero movies set in the timeframe when the characters debuted (30s-40s for DC) (60's Marvel)

I loved the novel It's Superman by Tom DeHaven

This is a pretty neat concept, I may check it out

=============================

DC's Black Label imprint gives a graphic retelling of Batman's origin, seamlessly blending 1930s vintage aesthetics with contemporary comic art and writing standards. This brutal, yet gorgeous rendition focuses on one of The Dark Knight's earliest mysteries, capturing "The Bat-Man's" debut in Gotham. With its unique blend of dark vintage charm and modern storytelling, this comic series promises to be one of the best Batman stories in recent years.

The Bat-Man: First Knight #1, by the all-star team of Dan Jurgens, Mike Perkins, and Mike Spicer, is set against the backdrop of a darker and grittier version of Gotham that is grappling with the aftermath of the First World War and the emergence of a brutal serial killer targeting city officials.

As this 1939 version of Batman investigates these grisly murders, he confronts a chilling twist: the evidence suggests that the perpetrators are men who have already met their demise in the electric chair. This sets the stage for a gripping tale of mystery with supernatural and noir elements...........

I've said before I'd love to see some standalone superhero movies set in the timeframe when the characters debuted (30s-40s for DC) (60's Marvel)

I loved the novel It's Superman by Tom DeHaven

This is a pretty neat concept, I may check it out

=============================

DC's Black Label imprint gives a graphic retelling of Batman's origin, seamlessly blending 1930s vintage aesthetics with contemporary comic art and writing standards. This brutal, yet gorgeous rendition focuses on one of The Dark Knight's earliest mysteries, capturing "The Bat-Man's" debut in Gotham. With its unique blend of dark vintage charm and modern storytelling, this comic series promises to be one of the best Batman stories in recent years.

The Bat-Man: First Knight #1, by the all-star team of Dan Jurgens, Mike Perkins, and Mike Spicer, is set against the backdrop of a darker and grittier version of Gotham that is grappling with the aftermath of the First World War and the emergence of a brutal serial killer targeting city officials.

As this 1939 version of Batman investigates these grisly murders, he confronts a chilling twist: the evidence suggests that the perpetrators are men who have already met their demise in the electric chair. This sets the stage for a gripping tale of mystery with supernatural and noir elements...........

It was a good first issue. A review is going to be up on my Batman in the morning. A lot of folks don't realize that the original Batman was gritty and dark and killed (can't change my mind on that).

It was a good first issue. A review is going to be up on my Batman in the morning. A lot of folks don't realize that the original Batman was gritty and dark and killed (can't change my mind on that).
And used guns if I remember right

HOLY sheet!!! Marvel finally responded to me and stated they would be adding me to their official press list.

giphy.gif

What do you use to keep track of your collection? I came across the League of Comic Geeks app and that seems pretty good. I've never really cataloged my collection.

What do you use to keep track of your collection? I came across the League of Comic Geeks app and that seems pretty good. I've never really cataloged my collection.

I'll have to check that out. I've just used spreadsheets in the past but I want something easier and more efficient now that I've embarked on this Claremont X-Men run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom