Jesus, you're not conservative enough (1 Viewer)

Who's militant? It's kinda hard not to defend your viewpoint when people are all the time telling you that you're going to hell if you don't go to their church or that you can't possibly be moral if you don't believe in God. That's just silly.

I like to think Jesus has amazing super powers. He can build 500 houses in ninth ward all by self, catch all fish in ocean without changing his bait and then just for fun read the Bible in 5 seconds. Oh ya and he can fly too.

I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!

- Cal Naughton, Jr.

Who's militant? It's kinda hard not to defend your viewpoint when people are all the time telling you that you're going to hell if you don't go to their church or that you can't possibly be moral if you don't believe in God. That's just silly.

you see, if you question someones religious beliefs, you are essentially persecuting them....

I wasn't including you...but if the shoe fits and all that jazz.

If you don't believe there's a hell, then why would you get upset if someone insisted you were heading there? Some would consider that just as silly.

It's like the Iron Bowl hoopla. I'm neither a 'Bama or an Auburn fan. The whole brouhaha doesn't affect me one way or the other. I'm the same way with those who worship at the altar of NASCAR. The only time it affects me any is Talladega race weekends...and I just avoid going anywhere near the interstate on those days.

If you don't believe there's a hell, then why would you get upset if someone insisted you were heading there? Some would consider that just as silly.

It's like the Iron Bowl hoopla. I'm neither a 'Bama or an Auburn fan. The whole brouhaha doesn't affect me one way or the other. I'm the same way with those who worship at the altar of NASCAR. The only time it affects me any is Talladega race weekends...and I just avoid going anywhere near the interstate on those days.
Now you're getting into serious blasphemy.

I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!

- Cal Naughton, Jr.

I like the Christmas Jesus best and I'm saying grace.

you see, if you question someones religious beliefs, you are essentially persecuting them....

were you just pleasant to me? now i do believe in God!

Well it's just hateful. Like you said. People who flat-out mock religious persons may be hateful, but to condemn people to hell is just as mean. There's no need of it. Also, I'm real proud of how Auburn is doing this year, but I'm thinking of switching to Vandy. Just avoid the infighting.

Just an observation, but I believe that zealously religious folks react so strongly to people who profess doubt as to the existence of God, or to the veracity of a particular religion, are acting out of fear. They are terrified that this individual may be right.

In my wanderings around the globe I have found that the most blissfully spiritual people are those that never divulge their religious leanings in casual conversation.

Just my two cents on the matter...

don't get used to it....i am nice to everyone at least once :hihi:

kiss.gif

I've been told I'm going to hell before, and I've been called a lot of colorful euphemisims as well. Doesn't really bother me. I don't get why it would bother anyone who wasn't a believer, really. I usually just say, "Judge not.." to the person and go about my way. It's the same thing as being told you're going to Never, Never Land or Mordor.

Really, so on the rare occassion (I can't see this being an everyday thing) when someone tells you that you're going to spend eternity (which you don't believe in) in a horrible place (which you also don't believe in) it ruins your day? Honestly, who cares?

Also, if someone doesn't believe in God, wants to call me delusional for doing so, fine. That's their prerogative, as Bobby Brown would say. Again, why let what someone else believes ruin my day or ability to interact with others? Life is too short, man,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom