LOST -the iconic TV series- Legacy, etc (1 Viewer)

‘The new man in charge’?
That was more a dvd extra than edit
Or is there something else?

It was something else (I'm watching that segment for the first time now). It looks like the extended version was shown once but they cut out roughly 20 minutes out for syndication and that's the version that was initially online. I never saw the shortened version, but according to the internet these were the main differences:
Miles commenting on Richard getting gray hairs, showing that Richard is no longer immortal, Ben with Hurley outside of the church and telling him he's not ready to go inside yet, and Jack telling the man in black that he knows he's not Locke and he wishes he could have told John that he was right about almost everything

Don Johnson?!?
Way more early Mickey Rourke than Don Johnson
Um, TWINSIES!

don_johnson.jpeg
MV5BMTk5NTQ2NjMzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTExMzY1._V1_.jpg

The point of the show really isn’t the point
There are so many incredible mini arcs throughout that the journey is way more fun than the destination
The ending isn’t the spectacular fail like GoT was
More of a meh

But the first 5 seasons are some of the best tv ever made (and easily the best network drama ever)
Is M*A*S*H consider a comedy or drama? I ask because to me more so than Lost it was way ahead of it’s time and I think is the best tv show ever made!

Season 1 was worthwhile on its own; a fresh show with beautiful people using quirky dialogue in a compelling mystery.

Seasons 2-3 were worthwhile only insofar as building a complex mystery that would need a big payoff at the end.

Seasons 4-5 slowly revealed that there would be no payoff.

Season 6 admitted that the writers had no friggin clue what they were doing. Anybody mad about the Game Of Thrones finale needs to remember this BS.
I agree.

Leading up to the finale, I remember having faith that the writers knew what they were doing. I remember believing that, in the end, everything would would make sense from a fan's perspective.

After the show ended, I realized they were just making things up as they went.

Few shows can capture the attention of a big chunk of the country. Lost was one those shows and it was fun while it lasted.

I agree.

Leading up to the finale, I remember having faith that the writers knew what they were doing. I remember believing that, in the end, everything would would make sense from a fan's perspective.

After the show ended, I realized they were just making things up as they went.

Few shows can capture the attention of a big chunk of the country. Lost was one those shows and it was fun while it lasted.

The best part to me were the show message boards and show themed fake websites with clues. Theory discussions were fun and you could send questions to Carlton and Damon and they released videos once a week discussing the show and answering questions. I had a few questions read over the years. I trusted they had it all mapped out and would wrap it all up... until the end. But it was the most interactive show I've ever experienced. I thought it would happen more often after that.

Well, this thread has me rewatching the series. I forgot there were so many episodes in a season. I got into binge mode between LOST and Apple TV's Servant. I'm about three episodes into season 2 of LOST and nine episodes into season 1 of Servant.

Binged so hard, I saw about one quarter of the Chiefs/Jags game and not a minute of any of the other games.

Well, this thread has me rewatching the series. I forgot there were so many episodes in a season. I got into binge mode between LOST and Apple TV's Servant. I'm about three episodes into season 2 of LOST and nine episodes into season 1 of Servant.

Binged so hard, I saw about one quarter of the Chiefs/Jags game and not a minute of any of the other games.
How is Servant?

How is Servant?
Jury is still out. Very eerie. Quirky at times. It has me on the hook, so far, but I'm not sure my wife will hang with it. It seems like it would be a one season, limited series, but it looks like they will run for 5 seasons. I'm curious about the season ender and how they leave it open for it to continue a story to keep an audience engaged for that long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom