Marquez Callaway (1 Viewer)

I’m excited about Callaway’s opportunity this week. I think that he’s talented and off the radar enough to come out and put up an excellent game.

I remember my questions about him entering the season were:

1) Can he play special teams? I knew that this would make or break him in spite of his ability at WR. So far, he has been a standout and looks like at minimum he’ll be in the league a long time because of his special teams contributions.

2) Can he run short to intermediate routes? As of right now the assessment is incomplete but he has show at least some ability in limited opportunities.

3) Can he separate? Unfortunately this remains the biggest question because he really didn’t need to demonstrate much in college, and he has had very little opportunity with the Saints.

I’d like the Saints to throw the ball down the field to him and let him go get it. It’s something that Brees rarely dies these days, but based on the college film I don’t think there are many CBs that are beating him 1-on-1 down the field. There’s a good probability that it’ll be a catch, pass interference, or incompletion.

He can get vertical. If Ram doesn't get beat here it's a touchdown. It was a nice double move.

Attachments

• 20201023_161258.mp4
    14.3 MB
He can get vertical. If Ram doesn't get beat here it's a touchdown. It was a nice double move.

He sold that well and would have been an easy TD. Hell of a play by Bosa though...he used his initial alignment (wide) to set Ram up for an inside move. Likely knew he'd play it that way from the start.

I just saw that. The call really was to get Callaway the ball. You can see the shoulder fake by Brees fixing to go up top to him but he saw the pressure and had to secure the ball.

With the way he played last night, saints were able to get it done spread the ball around and get the win. Does this kinda add a we can win without you CGM, so stay in line?

Thanks for the thread as well as your roster projections. I had just got done reading an article about the 12 UDFAs the Saints had just drafted and who will make the 53 man roster.

The writer was very high on Marquez. Looks like the next coming of Marques Colston, just a tad faster from what I saw on the highlights you posted. The writer said his potential is sky high and he has the chance to be the next great underrated WR. With Cook, Sanders and CGM on the field at the same time he will get his chances for sure.
Marquez Callaway played and looked like Colston yesterday. Brilliant thread Sammymvpknight and that highlight reel of his is still awesome and growing. Hope CALLAWAY aka Quiet Storm II is okay.

Marquez Callaway played and looked like Colston yesterday. Brilliant thread Sammymvpknight and that highlight reel of his is still awesome and growing. Hope CALLAWAY aka Quiet Storm II is okay.

I was very impressed by his ability to find zones. Colston's biggest attributes were his ability to find zones, body control, and hands...and Callaway is actually VERY similar in those ways. He doesn't have Colston's size, but he is also a little more sudden. It was fun seeing #12 out there tearing it up yesterday. Very nostalgia.

What's the status on #12 do anyone know? Quickly becoming one of my favorite Saints...

I was very impressed by his ability to find zones. Colston's biggest attributes were his ability to find zones, body control, and hands...and Callaway is actually VERY similar in those ways. He doesn't have Colston's size, but he is also a little more sudden. It was fun seeing #12 out there tearing it up yesterday. Very nostalgia.
He trades Colston’s size for speed. I’m in favor of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom