Maybe Jon Gruden ends up being Saints HC? (32 Viewers)

I guess Rizzi seems like that kind of guy. But I'm sure there are other guys that are OCs or DCs right now that share that passion. We just don't know about them because we don't hear from them and we don't get to interview them like NFL teams do.

But maybe Kingsbury is that type of guy and I would bet Aaron Glenn is that type of guy. But, it's also possible that Ben Johnson and Slowik are too. I don't really know what kind of passion either has, but I do know that both have developed guys into very good QBs and that their offensive schemes work. And frankly, I would bet that every guy that is a coordinator, assistant coach, or head coach in the NFL has passion for the game. You don't get where they are if you don't. Some guys just aren't good at motivating others, organizing a group of people, or leading them.
Rizzi does appear to have the "IT" factor required, absolutely. "Some guys just aren't good at motivating others, organizing a group of people, or leading them" Well these types need not apply. lol

Gruden would bring some fire that this team seems to lack.
He's not returning to the NFL while his lawsuit against the NFL and Goodell is still being considered. And even when that's resolved, who knows what Goodell will do.

I don't mind someone in the mold of Gruden but there's a reason he isn't coaching and hasn't since leaving the Raiders.

Aaron Glenn
Keep Kubiak
Go after a Robert Saleh type
Much more realistic.

But all in all, Dennis Allen is really not to blame for our current situation even though most would concede we probably aren't going to win a super bowl with him neither. Does he coach without a contract extension next year?

But, maybe Kingbury is an option despite his record and getting fired might be a decent option given what he is doing with Daniels and the fact that before he had one really bad year in Arizona, he was thought of as an up and coming young HC. But, I don't recall the circumstances of that 4-13 record in his last year in Arizona.

A very injured roster, including at QB. It was one of the oddest firing decision I’ve seen after the turnaround he had performed there, winning 11 games the year prior.

A very injured roster, including at QB. It was one of the oddest firing decision I’ve seen after the turnaround he had performed there, winning 11 games the year prior.

Bidwell is a terrible owner so that probably explains a lot of it.

I do remember him being one of the hot young coaches and then all of a sudden he was gone. Although I probably remember him best for that amazing house he had during the COVID draft.

I know I'm old because I also recall him being the QB at Texas Tech and the original Air Raid QBs there that put up huge numbers. I also remember the Saints singing him to the practice squad and hoping that maybe he could be the guy based on his college numbers.

I haven't paid much attention to exactly what kind of offense he runs but it appeared to have worked in Arizona and now in Washington. I assume he's not running the Air Raid, but is he running something from the Shanahan tree or is something different?

Bidwell is a terrible owner so that probably explains a lot of it.

I do remember him being one of the hot young coaches and then all of a sudden he was gone. Although I probably remember him best for that amazing house he had during the COVID draft.

I know I'm old because I also recall him being the QB at Texas Tech and the original Air Raid QBs there that put up huge numbers. I also remember the Saints singing him to the practice squad and hoping that maybe he could be the guy based on his college numbers.

I haven't paid much attention to exactly what kind of offense he runs but it appeared to have worked in Arizona and now in Washington. I assume he's not running the Air Raid, but is he running something from the Shanahan tree or is something different?

I think the Shanahan system is a good comp, but he does a lot more shotgun/zone read stuff with it. We’d probably have to commit to Rattler or draft an even more mobile QB than him to run it.

He's not returning to the NFL while his lawsuit against the NFL and Goodell is still being considered. And even when that's resolved, who knows what Goodell will do.

I don't mind someone in the mold of Gruden but there's a reason he isn't coaching and hasn't since leaving the Raiders.
From what I heard it is still legally doable for him to coach but maybe not a good look. Gruden is the type that might not care at all how things look. As far as him not coaching for a while; I think he's at a point in his career and life where he can choose where he wants to be when he wants to. From the way he talks N'awlins is where he wants to be. The 'when' is the question mark.

From what I heard it is still legally doable for him to coach but maybe not a good look. Gruden is the type that might not care at all how things look. As far as him not coaching for a while; I think he's at a point in his career and life where he can choose where he wants to be when he wants to. From the way he talks N'awlins is where he wants to be. The 'when' is the question mark.
I'm not so sure. Here's my hunch for what might happen. If the State Supreme Court reinstates the lawsuit, then the NFL will have their hands tied in trying to get the case thrown out or go to arbitration, which would be overseen by...Goodell, lol. If the lawsuit is allowed to be tried in court, they're gonna be in a world of hurt because a lot of the evidence will come out in discovery, which the NFL absolutely doesn't want to happen.

I think no matter the outcome, the NFL and Goodell will wait until the case is litigated completely, then I suspect they will take action against Gruden vis a vis suspension or banning. Goodell and the owners can't be happy with what Gruden is doing. It's going to be messy imo.

I think the Shanahan system is a good comp, but he does a lot more shotgun/zone read stuff with it. We’d probably have to commit to Rattler or draft an even more mobile QB than him to run it.

I'm all for a guy that makes use of mobile QBs. I full believe that you have to be great for the pocket to be a great NFL QB, but I also believe that with all the speed and pass rushers on defense now, you also need to be able to buy time, throw off schedule/on the run, and take the rushing yards when they are there to be a great NFL QB. And I think the best offenses are those designed to allow for those things.

If when he talks he says "N'awlins", I want no part of him.

Last edited:
Dude hasn't had a winning season since 2008.

Players think he's racist.

He sued the league and goodell hates him.

He's old.

Mickey's salivating

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom