Reacher: Amazon's Jack Reacher series (1 Viewer)

I’m unfamiliar with the books, but it sounds like the one S3 will be based on is another solo story.

I wonder if it would have been better to have S2 be another story of Reacher on his own in a new place (and meeting some new allies), and save the Special Investigators reunion for S3.

The team-up dynamic might have been better served as a switch up/refresher if used a little later in the series.

All of the books are pretty much stand alone, and some of them jump around in the timeline. The special investigators reunion provides backstory.

Spoiler Alert

Just finished season 2 and the only beef I had was that the 2 main antagonists should have died much more painfully. Reacher should have beaten Langston to a bloody pulp, and Mahmood should have endured much more agony prior to being perforated.

Their writing Negley into this story as well. I love her character, but hopefully they don't force feed her into the story like season one.

Their writing Negley into this story as well. I love her character, but hopefully they don't force feed her into the story like season one.
Do you mean Neeley? I like her in the story because her character is cool and she’s easy on the eyes

Spoiler Alert

Just finished season 2 and the only beef I had was that the 2 main antagonists should have died much more painfully. Reacher should have beaten Langston to a bloody pulp, and Mahmood should have endured much more agony prior to being perforated.
Agree. Both got off much too easily and quickly. Although
Langston at least felt a bit like stalked prey as Reacher always called him from phones of his henchmen that he killed. And he was offed in the same manner of those he killed. Mahmood never even had an inkling of being threatened. His first thought of being found out was less than a minute before it happened.

Agree. Both got off much too easily and quickly. Although
Langston at least felt a bit like stalked prey as Reacher always called him from phones of his henchmen that he killed. And he was offed in the same manner of those he killed. Mahmood never even had an inkling of being threatened. His first thought of being found out was less than a minute before it happened.
I think they misused Mahmood, simply because this was only the second season. Short version, Reacher often uses aliases with the initials J.R., for the reasons he gave about Mahmood always using A.M. In the book, Mahmood was essentially the anti-Reacher. Very similar in how he approaches his life, just from the opposite side of the coin.

As for his death, I thought it was appropriate. It shows more of who Reacher is. He is not about getting violent vengeance. He got his vengeance on the guy who actually did kill his friends. But, the other guy, he was just eliminated without emotion, and just put down.

Mahmood never even had an inkling of being threatened. His first thought of being found out was less than a minute before it happened.
If we're giving credit for Langston being stalked, isn't that similar to how Mahmood killed as well? His victims never knew until seconds before.

Not reading for fear of any spoilers. Started watching this because it was all over my Twitter feed. Just wanted to say I am enjoying it MUCH more than I thought I would. Never read the novels but this is a pretty good pitch for them.

Reacher’s idiosyncrasy of traveling with only a toothbrush is most likely an homage to the old Junior Walker and the All-Stars blues song (I’m a) Roadrunner, which is a great song in its many versions.

“Money, who needs it
Let me live a life free and easy
Put a toothbrush in my hand
Let me be a traveling man”

Along with Reacher’s references to old blues artist like Bobby Blue Bland, very cool aspect to the show

Last edited:
Reacher’s idiosyncrasy of traveling with only a toothbrush is most likely a homage to the old Junior Walker and the All-Stars blues song (I’m a) Roadrunner, which is a great song in its many versions.

“Money, who needs it
Let me live a life free and easy
Put a toothbrush in my hand
Let me be a traveling man”

Along with Reacher’s references to old blues artist like Bobby Blue Bland, very cool aspect to the show
The soundtrack is on of the show's greatest assets and it really hooks the viewer. Especially in S1,E1 as he walks up to the diner in GA.

Reacher’s idiosyncrasy of traveling with only a toothbrush is most likely a homage to the old Junior Walker and the All-Stars blues song (I’m a) Roadrunner, which is a great song in its many versions.

I've never heard any other version other than Jr. Walker's (which I love)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom